This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    It depends on who is doing the reading. Most people seem to have fully enjoyed it.
    ...and by "most people" you mean the 33 positive reviews on Amazon out of the several million Atlantis fans
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I enjoyed the series and hope there will be more SGA books but I will state that my only real complaint (especially with the last book) was how the "Bad Wraith" had almost no part in the story. Queen Death was only in 1 chapter and not very much of it. That and it got a bit too "girly" at times for me but hey that may just be me..
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        ...and by "most people" you mean the 33 positive reviews on Amazon out of the several million Atlantis fans
        Been reading your thoughts Ripple, while I enjoyed the Legacy Series, I share in some of your comments on the books. Looking forward to see what you think about the rest of the legacy series if you continue. I agree, that the series, and the majority of the Stargate books read like fan fiction. Some are better than others, but they all read like fan fiction (the whole shipping stuff between characters bothers me, a lot) - but it's the only way I can continue with Stargate.
        Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
          Been reading your thoughts Ripple, while I enjoyed the Legacy Series, I share in some of your comments on the books. Looking forward to see what you think about the rest of the legacy series if you continue. I agree, that the series, and the majority of the Stargate books read like fan fiction.
          Thank you

I might resume reading them at some point...

Some are better than others, but they all read like fan fiction (the whole shipping stuff between characters bothers me, a lot)
          I didn't think of it that way before, but that's a great point! SG-1 established very early on that Jack & Sam had feelings for each other, but it never dominated the stories like the "shipping" has here. I always felt that a great bookend for the franchise would be to know Jack & Sam wound up together, but I was never especially interested in having screen time devoted to the intricacies of their relationship. It's just not that type of show...

- but it's the only way I can continue with Stargate.
          I feel the same way. Though I really enjoyed the audiobooks! Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), Claudia (Vala), Cliff (Baal), Chris (Teal'c), Paul (Beckett), David (Zelenka), and Torri (Weir) all returned to reprise their roles for those audio-dramas.

They too have a very fan-ficy feel, especially Series 3, but they're so fun, especially since the real actors are back as their characters. The only one that I didn't care for was 3.2 because it contradicted a lot of the Baal arc from during the Ori seasons, and because the Chinese Colonel's accent was pretty offensively portrayed--racist factor aside, it was just so badly performed that it distracted from the story.

All that aside, they're really enjoyable stories that usually don't take themselves too seriously.
          Last edited by Ripple in Space; 16 August 2013, 01:46 PM.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Woohoo!

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/263277.html

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
              Woohoo!

I've been pretty worried when we didn't get word this summer.....

Comment

I am almost finished reading Homecoming, I love it!!!! It's so good and they portray the characters so well, it's just like having another season. I can probably find this answer in one of the posts above me but I don't want to look at any spoilers, so does anyone know if they're going to continue this? I really hope they do!
                Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                  I am almost finished reading Homecoming, I love it!!!! It's so good and they portray the characters so well, it's just like having another season. I can probably find this answer in one of the posts above me but I don't want to look at any spoilers, so does anyone know if they're going to continue this? I really hope they do!
                  Yes, they're absolutely brilliant books ... if there's ever any money to make more SGA, I hope MGM use these books for the story! & the good news :
                  http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/263277.html

Comment

Yes, there are two more books coming, seven and eight -- Unascended and Endless.
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Could anyone please tell me what the total word count of the already published Legacy novels is?

Comment

Somewhere just above 600,000. Why do you ask?
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                          Somewhere just above 600,000. Why do you ask?
                          Thank you! A friend of mine wants to read a Stargate novel focusing on Teyla or John/Teyla. But she thinks her English is not really good, so she's intimidated by really long novels.

Comment

Death Game is a lot of John and Teyla set in season 2 and it's short.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                              Death Game is a lot of John and Teyla set in season 2 and it's short.
                              Thanks! I will recommend this novel to my friend.

Comment

Update from Fandemonium's Facebook page! More books coming!

We’re delighted to announce the first of our new Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis adventures for 2014.

We’re starting the year by welcoming a fantastic new writer to Stargate novels. We’re thrilled that Geonn Cannon has joined us with a hugely fun STARGATE SG-1 novel set right before season 9 and featuring Vala Mal Doran – everyone’s favourite thief, rogue and all round scoundrel!

Geonn has been watching STARGATE SG-1 since stumbling across 1969 one night and recognizing his childhood hero MacGyver. Years later, a trip to GateCon in Vancouver inspired the setting of his first novel. To Geonn, the opportunity to write a STARGATE SG-1 novel is like bringing his career full circle, honoring the way he started.

Geonn’s first novel for us, STARGATE SG-1 Two Roads, will be out in Spring 2014.

Over the past few months we’ve heard from many of you who are mourning the end of STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy, so we’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be publishing a two-book coda to the series.

Jo Graham, Melissa Scott, and Amy Griswold will be returning to the Legacy universe with STARGATE ATLANTIS Unascended. The Atlantis team are facing new enemies and seeking old friends, including Stargate Command’s eminent archaeologist, Dr Daniel Jackson.

STARGATE ATLANTIS Unascended will be available Spring 2014.
                                Finally, we’re excited to announce the launch of a new Stargate SG-1 trilogy. Penned by Sally Malcolm (STARGATE SG-1 A Matter of Honor and STARGATE SG-1 The Cost of Honor) and Laura Harper (STARGATE SG-1 Sunrise), the STARGATE SG-1 Apocalypse trilogy will take Colonel Jack O’Neill and his team into dark and uncharted territory.

Look out for book one, Stargate SG-1 Revelations, in early summer 2014.

Watch this space for more info about new titles, upcoming release dates, and personal appearances by authors.

Comment

Working...
                                X