Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I could help, and I hope it works too! Here's the link direct to amazon's help page for Mac applications

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...deId=200488020

Cate
    sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Thank you Cate! (Sorry can't 'green' you at the moment!)
      Last edited by mercy moon; 26 March 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

No problem, mercy moon, just glad to help, and I hope it works. If it does - well, happy reading!

Cate
        sigpic

Comment

So what did you guys think of
          Spoiler:
          Teyla not killing the Old One?
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            So what did you guys think of
            Spoiler:
            Teyla not killing the Old One?
            Spoiler:

Because he ended up being found after the battle was over and was not fighting, I understand Teyla not killing him in cold blood. At that point, he should go to trial or something else. I can't imagine the Wraith being happy to have been deceived and used by him.

Going into the last book, I had expected he would have had a showdown with Guide and would have fought with honor at the end. (ha!) There was a lot of tension between those two and a lot of contrasting as Guide disapproved. Guide ended up elsewhere, so I was then surprised at how the Old One turned up in the end because he didn't fight alongside Queen Death. Before he was found, I had assumed he fought and died against some soldiers or something. He completely didn't care about Death.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
              Spoiler:

Because he ended up being found after the battle was over and was not fighting, I understand Teyla not killing him in cold blood. At that point, he should go to trial or something else. I can't imagine the Wraith being happy to have been deceived and used by him.

Going into the last book, I had expected he would have had a showdown with Guide and would have fought with honor at the end. (ha!) There was a lot of tension between those two and a lot of contrasting as Guide disapproved. Guide ended up elsewhere, so I was then surprised at how the Old One turned up in the end because he didn't fight alongside Queen Death. Before he was found, I had assumed he fought and died against some soldiers or something. He completely didn't care about Death.
              Spoiler:
              he was a coward. He should have defened many other queens, but he didn't. His continued existence is proof of this. I like the fact that Tayla let him live in disgrace.
              sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
                Spoiler:
                he was a coward. He should have defened many other queens, but he didn't. His continued existence is proof of this. I like the fact that Tayla let him live in disgrace.
                Spoiler:

Way back to when Osprey herself fell, he was probably never really her friend either. Certainly he did nothing to honor her memories or speak well of her, keeping her a secret as if he were ashamed of her just so he could get revenge against anyone descended from the Ancients. If he lived over 10,000 years without caring for anyone enough to fight for them, then Teyla doesn't need to do anything: he is already dead inside.

Comment

Spoiler:

Way back to when Osprey herself fell, he was probably never really her friend either. Certainly he did nothing to honor her memories or speak well of her, keeping her a secret as if he were ashamed of her just so he could get revenge against anyone descended from the Ancients. If he lived over 10,000 years without caring for anyone enough to fight for them, then Teyla doesn't need to do anything: he is already dead inside.

Spoiler:
                  And he serves as an example of what cowardice will get a blade or cleaverman; nothing. He was selfish from the get go, I got that impression of him right off.
                  sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Spoiler:
                    It might seem as mercy to let the Old One live, but I suppose, he will get the chance to cause much more trouble in future... like Michael he won't give up 'til his own death.

Comment

@ Annalalaith, I gave him far too much credit.

@ silverbullet27, That is what I was afraid of too.

Comment

Hi, america126! Elizabeth is ascended.
                        I did such a HUGE happy dance when i found this out. I WAS LIKE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                        Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                        Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                          I did such a HUGE happy dance when i found this out. I WAS LIKE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
                          I'm hoping the others who walked through the gate with her met their ascension goals too, in spite of Koracen's misbehavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                            Or possibly de-Ascended now! I think she's out there somewhere like Daniel was.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Hope she's not stuck in that diner!

Comment

Hee! Now there's a plot bunny for the taking... can you imagine her and Daniel, turning up at that diner at the same time?!?

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X