This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    I caved in and bought the ebook. I'm halfway through and am seeing strong themes of trust, risk, and prioritization.
    Lots of trust and risk! On both the human and Wraith sides!
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      Lots of trust and risk! On both the human and Wraith sides!
      Yes, including within their own cities or hives.

Comment

Yes, including within their own cities or hives.
        I'm curious what you think of Alabaster.
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Inheritors reaction post is up (contains spoilers):
          http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/229417.html

I'm curious what you think of Alabaster.
          I just finished book 6 and highly recommend the Legacy series to the lurkers and the people discovering this thread.

Major spoilers:
          Spoiler:

I'm glad Alabaster is there to continue Guide's bloodline, to keep him company, and to keep him balanced. Guide raised her well. I'm also jumping for joy Waterlight and Bronze survive! Alabaster and Waterlight can be friends and it sounds like Bronze may be the last of his bloodline and good to keep in the Wraith gene pool. The same goes for Ember, as he was a refugee and had no relations to turn to. I figured Thorn would not make it. There was a tension building ever since introduced to their hive; Bronze yearned to spread his wings and fly and that Thorn had the best intentions for his daughter yet still saw her as a little girl. I was glad his sacrifice was written in past tense and in recall, not written for the reader to have to bear.

Other things I liked a lot:
          *Elizabeth's interference
          *Ember and Radek's brotherhood
          *Ember and Waterlight meeting Steelflower-- out of disguise-- and with grace
          *Jack fighting to keep his identity in ship trance, instead of sweetly surrendering to it like John
          *Newton exploring
          *The hiveship grappling hooks did something for once! It was a good use for them, too.
          *literary repetition- I kept wondering why coffee and doughnuts kept coming up, and it served as an anchor for readers to relate to on a cultural level, before and after its reason was made clear

I agree the ending was satisfying with just enough hints for the reader to think what he or she wants, until and unless we are lucky to get a season 7. In my mind, Elizabeth is clever enough to get away with interfering and is still out there, Ronon and The Old One (his sparing surprised me) may still have anger issues but won't harm anyone now, and Alabaster will pave the way for setting up a system to benefit both humans and Wraith with Keller's treatment.

Finally, some prophetic artwork, by Silverbullet27, Guide and Ease:
          http://stargatewraithfans.deviantart...Ease-315959699
          There were hints Ease would fall to Queen Death in book 1. I'm glad it was only him.

Comment

Major spoilers:
            Spoiler:

I'm glad Alabaster is there to continue Guide's bloodline, to keep him company, and to keep him balanced. Guide raised her well. I'm also jumping for joy Waterlight and Bronze survive! Alabaster and Waterlight can be friends and it sounds like Bronze may be the last of his bloodline and good to keep in the Wraith gene pool. The same goes for Ember, as he was a refugee and had no relations to turn to. I figured Thorn would not make it. There was a tension building ever since introduced to their hive; Bronze yearned to spread his wings and fly and that Thorn had the best intentions for his daughter yet still saw her as a little girl. I was glad his sacrifice was written in past tense and in recall, not written for the reader to have to bear.

Other things I liked a lot:
            *Elizabeth's interference
            *Ember and Radek's brotherhood
            *Ember and Waterlight meeting Steelflower-- out of disguise-- and with grace
            *Jack fighting to keep his identity in ship trance, instead of sweetly surrendering to it like John
            *Newton exploring
            *The hiveship grappling hooks did something for once! It was a good use for them, too.
            *literary repetition- I kept wondering why coffee and doughnuts kept coming up, and it served as an anchor for readers to relate to on a cultural level, before and after its reason was made clear

I agree the ending was satisfying with just enough hints for the reader to think what he or she wants, until and unless we are lucky to get a season 7. In my mind, Elizabeth is clever enough to get away with interfering and is still out there, Ronon and The Old One (his sparing surprised me) may still have anger issues but won't harm anyone now, and Alabaster will pave the way for setting up a system to benefit both humans and Wraith with Keller's treatment.

Finally, some prophetic artwork, by Silverbullet27, Guide and Ease:
            http://stargatewraithfans.deviantart...Ease-315959699
            There were hints Ease would fall to Queen Death in book 1. I'm glad it was only him.
            Well, the pic was drawn for my own fanfics *cough, cough*, but I guess, MY Ease is another one, non-legacy-canon in the meantime... and I haven't got time to read a single line from the book yet ... too busy on work... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
              Well, the pic was drawn for my own fanfics *cough, cough*, but I guess, MY Ease is another one, non-legacy-canon in the meantime... and I haven't got time to read a single line from the book yet ... too busy on work... *sigh*
              I would read your fanfics if a better translate tool existed because your drawings of them are intriguing.

When you get to read it, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Lots and lots of Ember goodness awaits.

Comment

I started to read yesterday and had to laugh, while Ember watched the twins *ggg* - but unwilling unconsciousness is a running gag here...

I tried to find someone to translate my stories, because I do not have the time to do it on my own, but no one volunteered yet

Comment

I started to read yesterday and had to laugh, while Ember watched the twins *ggg* - but unwilling unconsciousness is a running gag here...
                  Oh? I'm guessing the gag isn't something you can post here, but I might be able to guess... something like what G'Kar proposed to the telepathic woman in the first Babylon 5 movie?

I tried to find someone to translate my stories, because I do not have the time to do it on my own, but no one volunteered yet
                  Hopefully someday. I like the idea of an AU Ease being around to argue with Guide openly. I've also seen at least one story where Ardent has a different ending too.

Comment

Hopefully someday. I like the idea of an AU Ease being around to argue with Guide openly. I've also seen at least one story where Ardent has a different ending too.
                    That is so neat!
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

That is so neat!
                      I like seeing all the Legacy-style Wraith names other people come up with, too.

Comment

Oh? I'm guessing the gag isn't something you can post here, but I might be able to guess... something like what G'Kar proposed to the telepathic woman in the first Babylon 5 movie?
                        No.. it has something to do with a drone called "Giant", a stunner and get some people quiet. Looooong story *ggg*

Oh, where? Can you set a link to that story? I liked this little pain in the a** - somehow

Comment

No.. it has something to do with a drone called "Giant", a stunner and get some people quiet. Looooong story *ggg*
                          I won't ask.

I liked this little pain in the a** - somehow
                          I know; I hoped better for him and for him to come to his senses. I'll Google and follow up if I find it. I hope more Ardent, Ease, and other fanfics surface. Maybe someone could give Queen Death a Wraith name and history before she met The Old One, because she was once a little girl with dreams too. In Wraith fans' minds, we are used to our green friends never really dying; the written word does not have to be different than the film footage.

Comment

I know; I hoped better for him and for him to come to his senses. I'll Google and follow up if I find it. I hope more Ardent, Ease, and other fanfics surface. Maybe someone could give Queen Death a Wraith name and history before she met The Old One, because she was once a little girl with dreams too. In Wraith fans' minds, we are used to our green friends never really dying; the written word does not have to be different than the film footage.
                            I think that's actually the tragic thing -- she died for his revenge, and he didn't even care. He didn't even mention her. She didn't matter to him, just the means of revenge.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

He didn't even mention her.
                              Spoilers:
                              Spoiler:

Argh! Yes! It was the same up and down the line. Death probably would not bat an eyelash at Ease's demise, even though he practically worshipped the ground she walked on, and I don't remember seeing her mourning the loss of her brother Ardent either. I wonder how such a young lady came to grow up without real love in her life. It seemed The Old One filled a parental void of sorts, in name but not in spirit or deeds. At least the Old One was blinded by pure rage, similar to Ronon. Ease's reasons of betrayal only seemed to involve personal gain.

Comment

Spoilers:
                                Spoiler:

Argh! Yes! It was the same up and down the line. Death probably would not bat an eyelash at Ease's demise, even though he practically worshipped the ground she walked on, and I don't remember seeing her mourning the loss of her brother Ardent either. I wonder how such a young lady came to grow up without real love in her life. It seemed The Old One filled a parental void of sorts, in name but not in spirit or deeds. At least the Old One was blinded by pure rage, similar to Ronon. Ease's reasons of betrayal only seemed to involve personal gain.
                                Spoiler:
                                Like human, like Wraith. All different motives.

I think the Old One did fill a parental void, but also he gave her something immensely attractive to a young person -- he gave her a means of justifying getting anything she wanted. That's such a bright lure! "You deserve it. You ought to have it. You ought not have to share or be kind or think of others. It's justice for you to have whatever you want."
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X