X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    Spoiler:
    That's the problem, isn't it? If this is actually the first contact, then there isn't any common ground or Common Ground! And I've got to say, Snow is really, really scary!
    Spoiler:
    In her shoes, I would be too. From her point of view, threatening aliens with Ancient technology that hasn't been a problem in 10,000 years just showed up to threaten the lives of her family members and everyone dear to her on her hive. The burden of proof of "peaceful explorers" would be hard to convey.

Is this book set after Legacy takes place, so that Keller's retrovirus could come into play in this timeline too?

Comment

Let me confess: I am unpatient.

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
        Let me confess: I am unpatient.
        Same here.
        Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
          Same here.
          It's really good. I just read the last part and it almost made me cry!

Also, Moebius Squared is out! http://www.amazon.com/STARGATE-SG-1-...oebius+squared
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Ah! I hope in a good sort of way.

I take it my last question was too much spoilery if it would be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
              Spoiler:
              In her shoes, I would be too. From her point of view, threatening aliens with Ancient technology that hasn't been a problem in 10,000 years just showed up to threaten the lives of her family members and everyone dear to her on her hive. The burden of proof of "peaceful explorers" would be hard to convey.

Is this book set after Legacy takes place, so that Keller's retrovirus could come into play in this timeline too?
              Spoiler:
              No, it's set during first season of SGA, in an alternate timeline where Snow's hive was never destroyed and the Genii were destroyed instead of Sateda. So there's Snow and Guide and the rest of the zenana who were only hinted at in Legacy -- Spark and Seeker and Seldom Seen.
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Spoiler:
                No, it's set during first season of SGA, in an alternate timeline where Snow's hive was never destroyed and the Genii were destroyed instead of Sateda.
                Ooooooo! That certainly will change everything. O.O Great idea for an AU.

Spoiler:
                Spark and Seeker and Seldom Seen

I'm curious about the last name, but I have a feeling I won't be reading much about him or her.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                  I'm curious about the last name, but I have a feeling I won't be reading much about him or her.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't suppose it's too much of a spoiler to say that he's Snow's Hivemaster and half brother. Guide is the Consort, Spark is the Master of Sciences Physical and a pallax, and Seeker is the Master of Sciences Biological and likewise a pallax. Also implied to be...er...very close to Guide....
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Also, Moebius Squared is out! http://www.amazon.com/STARGATE-SG-1-...oebius+squared
                    Yay! Maybe by Monday, Barnes & Noble will have it. *keeps fingers, toes, eyes crossed*

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I don't suppose it's too much of a spoiler to say that he's Snow's Hivemaster and half brother. Guide is the Consort, Spark is the Master of Sciences Physical and a pallax, and Seeker is the Master of Sciences Biological and likewise a pallax. Also implied to be...er...very close to Guide....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Now I am just MORE unpatient! - I WANT TO READ!

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
                        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Now I am just MORE unpatient! - I WANT TO READ!
                        Spoiler:
                        Little glimpses of Wraithy goodness! And the Young Queen, who has grown up differently.

I wish she'd post one of the Wraithy tidbits.

(I'm sure, since she's a huge Sanctuary fan, that any resemblance between the Zenana and Helen's boys is purely accidental.... Heh.)
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Spoiler:
                          No, it's set during first season of SGA, in an alternate timeline where Snow's hive was never destroyed and the Genii were destroyed instead of Sateda. So there's Snow and Guide and the rest of the zenana who were only hinted at in Legacy -- Spark and Seeker and Seldom Seen.
                          Wait a minute. I thought Fandemonium Press SWORE they would never, ever, publish a book with an AU timeline? OK. That's why I never even considered pestering them with my own manuscript. Guess I should have discarded my dignity and been a relentless prig trying to get their attention.

Sigh.

BTW, in case anyone is curious--I'm getting 30-50 hits on my website daily for downloads of my free AU SGA book, Futura Memoratia. It's gotten a lot of attention on Twitter and I haven't had a bad review of it yet. Link in my sig.
                          Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
                            Wait a minute. I thought Fandemonium Press SWORE they would never, ever, publish a book with an AU timeline? OK. That's why I never even considered pestering them with my own manuscript. Guess I should have discarded my dignity and been a relentless prig trying to get their attention.
                            Wasn't SGA Entanglement an Au story? or at least dealt with Au wraith I think. It has been several years since I read that book. And them Moebius Squared deals with an Au team. Maybe they are relaxing their "standards".

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                              Wasn't SGA Entanglement an Au story? or at least dealt with Au wraith I think. It has been several years since I read that book. And them Moebius Squared deals with an Au team. Maybe they are relaxing their "standards".
                              Moebius was an AU established by the series. Maybe that makes a difference?
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                                Wasn't SGA Entanglement an Au story? or at least dealt with Au wraith I think.
                                I would call "Entanglement" an AU story, especially because
                                Spoiler:
                                humans were extinct in Pegasus in that reality (!) and the Wraith had different technology and origins, more like a 2nd generation of Wraith.
                                That was book #6 in the printing order, too; so, if the publishers changed their minds, they did so a long while back. The AU rule could have also been a rumor; I've seen things posted about Fandy on GW while lurking in other threads and questioned the veracity of some of the claims.

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
                                BTW, in case anyone is curious--I'm getting 30-50 hits on my website daily for downloads of my free AU SGA book, Futura Memoratia.
                                Congrats! I recommended it to a new SGA fan who is a McKay fan on dA.

Comment

Working...
                                X