This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
    Definitely! Another possible symbolism that comes to mind is in "The Furies." Ardent yields to Teyla and she leaves blood on his jaw as she touches him. In a way, it's like he was marked for his role in aiding his older sister to needlessly destroy others, human and Wraith alike. He was old enough to know better, but chose wrong, maybe from a combination of cowardice and powerlust. He is a tragic figure in and of himself in that he never truly lived his own life, always riding on the coat tails of Queen Death, just as Queen Death does with the Old One.

It looks like an art. The extras can't be so overstated as to be too obvious, nor can they be too understated as to be missed.
    Oh that's a good example! Or how about Jennifer in Secrets "Bits of a fairy tale came to mind, something in one of her books when she was a kid, about a princess who ate a pomegranate seed. Just one seed, red as blood, her life mingled with Guide's, fed back to her. If that wasn't a pomegranate seed, she wasn't sure what was."

Oh, yes, and the older the characters are, the more likely they are to have larger families and more complicated relationship histories. As for other sci-fi couples, I think HanXLeia, AerynXJohn, and ZoeXWash worked well; I certainly rooted for them!
    Exactly. Most people in their thirties or forties have exes unless they're currently in the relationship they've been in for years. When you meet a character who is thirty five and single, they probably have an ex.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      Or how about Jennifer in Secrets "Bits of a fairy tale came to mind, something in one of her books when she was a kid, about a princess who ate a pomegranate seed. Just one seed, red as blood, her life mingled with Guide's, fed back to her. If that wasn't a pomegranate seed, she wasn't sure what was."
      Oh, yes, I am probably missing a lot of the with the Lanteans, especially. Admittedly, I hone in on the Wraith characters.

Another one: the seashell cradle scene linked to the chrysalis.

And, one I'm hoping for in book 6: a Pegasus Roanoke. A successful Pegasus Roanoke.

Comment

Oh, yes, I am probably missing a lot of the with the Lanteans, especially. Admittedly, I hone in on the Wraith characters.

Another one: the seashell cradle scene linked to the chrysalis.

And, one I'm hoping for in book 6: a Pegasus Roanoke. A successful Pegasus Roanoke.
        Which also links to a Wraith queen's throne, right? That soaring throne that seems to grow out of the floor of the hive ship.

And John in the beginning of The Furies in the Wraith prison cell echoing Guide in the human prison cell at the beginning of Homecoming.
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Which also links to a Wraith queen's throne, right? That soaring throne that seems to grow out of the floor of the hive ship.
          The thrones do have a very coral, aquatic look to them.

And John in the beginning of The Furies in the Wraith prison cell echoing Guide in the human prison cell at the beginning of Homecoming.
          I really, really like how many of the Lantean characters have Wraith counterparts:
          *Teyla in Wraith shiptrance/John in Ancient shiptrance
          *Jennifer and Alabaster in biological sciences, as observed by Guide
          *Jennifer and Waterlight both losing their mothers early in their lives
          *Ronon and The Old One grappling with rage
          *Rodney and Ember as prisoners of Queen Death

Comment

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
            I agree with you.

I like the relationships, and the kids are cool, but they could get into more trouble.
            They are a bit small to do much more than tantrum at this point. Give them a few years!
            Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

As for other sci-fi couples, I think HanXLeia, AerynXJohn, and ZoeXWash worked well; I certainly rooted for them!
              Me too! All of the above! ZoeXWalsh? Heart-throbbingly love that pairing. #Gush Another show stolen from us far too young.
              Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

[QUOTE=WraithTech;13559575
                I really, really like how many of the Lantean characters have Wraith counterparts:
                *Teyla in Wraith shiptrance/John in Ancient shiptrance
                *Jennifer and Alabaster in biological sciences, as observed by Guide
                *Jennifer and Waterlight both losing their mothers early in their lives
                *Ronon and The Old One grappling with rage
                *Rodney and Ember as prisoners of Queen Death[/QUOTE]

Yes! Yes! Yes! I noticed most of those too! LOVE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
                  They are a bit small to do much more than tantrum at this point. Give them a few years!
                  Oh? I got into tons of trouble at that age, so did my cousins. And my cousins kids too. I mean one was running around naked cause monsters don't wear clothes.....
                  sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
                    Oh? I got into tons of trouble at that age, so did my cousins. And my cousins kids too. I mean one was running around naked cause monsters don't wear clothes.....
                    In that case. . .I think I'm going to have to count myself in the lucky category as a parent. o.O

Comment

The Zelenka question was answered on Jo's LJ confirming pages were cut. Alas!

Comment

The Zelenka question was answered on Jo's LJ confirming pages were cut. Alas!
                        Oh noes!

Comment

Inheritors character sneak preview game is up!
                          http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/217261.html

Comment

Inheritors character sneak preview game is up!
                            http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/217261.html
                            Did you see the ones with Ember and Bronze?
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Did you see the ones with Ember and Bronze?
                              Yes, I am reading them all!

Maybe Blackiron will show Ember some possible spy equipment from Queen Death in Guide's hive's equipment or something. It sounds serious.

Bronze made me squee to think of an eager young male with his hands itching to fire a volley of weapons to impress Waterlight. ^_^

Comment

I started reading the first book and I know what happens (sort of) in the second one. I bought only the first two books but I want to have the whole series. May I ask you who read it all - is there still that Keller/McKay/Ronon stupid triangle present? Given McKay´s "condition" and Ronon helping with the search (that will probably happen in the next book), are they dealing with it? I certainly hope not. It was enough for me that the first book was Teyla/Sheppard heavy (not a fan of them together).

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X