This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annalalaith View Post
    I thought the boys were pretty well behaved compared to the chaos at my family gatherings.... You know my cousin's daughters like to try and tie me up when I sit them.....
    You say they "try" to. But do they succeed?

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
      I must have skipped the queue when they were handing out maternal instinct but I personally would send the precious little brat......and his new wraith buddy through the nearest space gate........
      That's not very nice.

I thought the boys were pretty well behaved compared to the chaos at my family gatherings.... You know my cousin's daughters like to try and tie me up when I sit them.....
      I thought they were well-behaved too and Torren shows intelligence and curiosity to be building spaceships from Legos. I'm not sure I could make the best Lego anything even as an adult. >.>

It looks like you had a fun Halloween.

Comment

I must have skipped the queue when they were handing out maternal instinct but I personally would send the precious little brat......and his new wraith buddy through the nearest space gate........
        Geee. What did Torren do to make you not like him? He seems to be quite a charming little boy from what I've read.

Comment

My niece is building a catapult. I think they may be related to your tying up ones!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Geee. What did Torren do to make you not like him? He seems to be quite a charming little boy from what I've read.
            Well I really dislike the whole Sheppard/Teyla storyline and Torren is a big part of that, but beyond that child characters in books are rarely that interesting. What can you do with them except have them kidnapped, seriously ill or be some kind of child genius/prodigy (I'm guessing that this one is going to fall into the last category)? Not very interesting.

And as for the other one. Darling......Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Torren is likeable and he only appears for maybe a total of 1 page, tops, per book. His appearance is like Zelenka visiting his sea friends, Newton the cat meeting the team members, and Sam's letter writing to people back on Earth: the small, recurring events are similar to a fine, sparkling thread woven into a tapestry to bring a running unification and additional interest to the story as a whole.

Comment

Well I really dislike the whole Sheppard/Teyla storyline and Torren is a big part of that, but beyond that child characters in books are rarely that interesting. What can you do with them except have them kidnapped, seriously ill or be some kind of child genius/prodigy (I'm guessing that this one is going to fall into the last category)? Not very interesting.

And as for the other one. Darling......Seriously
                You do have a point, but still I think it is interesting to see them... Imagine the cimitary game with those two?
                sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Imagine the cimitary game with those two?
                  I didn't grow up with this game in my region and tried looking it up. What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                    I didn't grow up with this game in my region and tried looking it up. What is it?
                    I got it from an episode of Daria. You have the kids pretend they are dead people in a cemetery for a while.... It. Is a version of the quiet game. An despite how morbid it sounds, kids actually think its fun.

And the girls have never been able tie my up.... And they never win when they try to wrestle with me. I have however, started to put my cell phone in my bra, so it doesn't end up hidden somewhere.

I would like to see Toren and Darling get into some kind of trouble, I've always hated kids that were too perfect.
                    Last edited by Annalalaith; 02 November 2012, 05:31 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

You have the kids pretend they are dead people in a cemetery for a while.... It. Is a version of the quiet game. An despite how morbid it sounds, kids actually think its fun.
                      Now, I see the purpose of the corpse pose in yoga class.

I would like to see Toren and Darling get into some kind of trouble, I've always hated kids that were too perfect.
                      Big trouble would be getting a hold of Hyperion's weapon. XD

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                        Now, I see the purpose of the corpse pose in yoga class.
                        Yep.

Big trouble would be getting a hold of Hyperion's weapon. XD
                        That would be hilarious, and scary at the same time!
                        sigpic

Comment

Every queen here has got some maternal instincts...

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
                            Every queen here has got some maternal instincts...
                            No kidding the one person I thought would never have kids or want them, wants one! And I as the cutest baby today! Omg he was so cute!

Believe me, I generally don't like children in large groups, I like them on an individual basis.

...... So, I keep wondering about the relationship between the anthropologist and Radick.
                            sigpic

Comment

...... So, I keep wondering about the relationship between the anthropologist and Radick.
                              Maybe you should ask about it!
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Please do ask. I heard some parts were cut, to keep the book shorter. I could have gone with more info myself, because the point is I am after more SGA stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X