Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno if anyone's posted this already or not, but ...

http://www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php (Secrets)

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
      Dunno if anyone's posted this already or not, but ...

http://www.stargatenovels.com/bookshop.php (Secrets)
      Thanks! Ordered!

Comment

My book arrived yesterday and I finished reading it today.

My random thoughts:
        Spoiler:

I like how the books show how inter-related and interdependent all the lives are, and their similarities, such as meditation across all groups. Some humans have Wraith DNA and some humans have Ancient DNA. If people like John and Teyla had children, it could be possible a human child could be born with both Wraith and Ancient DNA, couldn’t it, as well as having both Milky Way and Pegasus heritage?

Torren and Darling and Legos— *squee*

Woolsey— “At least she was looking at him. Todd usually talked straight through him to Carter or keller or Teyla.” XD XD XD

Teyla – She seems most grounded right now. Her Athosian culture of acceptance of her Wraith DNA probably helps immensely. She has support all around and helps to spread it around too.

The Old One –I can see now why he is urging Queen Death to unite the hives against the new Lanteans: it’s like post-traumatic stress disorder and he is recalling past needs to pool together knowledge to survive, as the Wraith had done and maintained 10,000 years up until the civil war. The problem is he doesn’t want to allow new knowledge in.

Ladon Radim – Not quite as jumpy as The Old One, but this guy just doesn’t get it, how everyone’s lives are interrelated and how some Earth humans have Ancient genes and a right to be in Pegasus too. I can’t fault him for wanting to be autonomous, but the Lanteans leave the Genii alone as long as the Genii do not try to oppress others. I facepalm when he asks for help from Atlantis and then plots to kill the proverbial goose which lays the golden egg by wanting to go up against the Tau’ri. Like Queen Death and The Old One, he has no idea what he is getting into.

Ember’s Wraith-napping – Oh, yes, there must be a spy on board Todd’s hive. Teyla hinted at it and how else would the old One know where to get Ember? Or that the Lanteans had a (not so) secret weapon?

Keller – Wow, she has retreated into her professional zone, which is needed to operate on Rodney, but what is she worried about with the pomegranate seeds? Does she fear becoming a Wraith worshipper? She was fed on 2x now and she seems to be avoiding Rodney for more than his badly-timed proposal.

Weir – It’s kind of cool to have her watching over everyone and kind of creepy in that I would hope Ascended beings do not watch anything and everything in peoples’ personal lives. Total privacy concerns! XD Also, I wonder where her historical Wraith knowledge came from which she helped to pass on through dreams—from other Ascended beings or can Ascended beings also read minds like Rodney could when he was near Ascension?

Zelenka - loved the part with the sea life forms... his replacement for pigeons? This would make lovely fanart, as would Zelenka watching Torren and Darling with Lego ships ^_^

Last edited by WraithTech; 01 September 2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post

My random thoughts:
          Spoiler:

I like how the books show how inter-related and interdependent all the lives are, and their similarities, such as meditation across all groups. Some humans have Wraith DNA and some humans have Ancient DNA. If people like John and Teyla had children, it could be possible a human child could be born with both Wraith and Ancient DNA, couldn’t it, as well as having both Milky Way and Pegasus heritage?

Torren and Darling and Legos— *squee*

Woolsey— “At least she was looking at him. Todd usually talked straight through him to Carter or keller or Teyla.” XD XD XD

Teyla – She seems most grounded right now. Her Athosian culture of acceptance of her Wraith DNA probably helps immensely. She has support all around and helps to spread it around too.

The Old One –I can see now why he is urging Queen Death to unite the hives against the new Lanteans: it’s like post-traumatic stress disorder and he is recalling past needs to pool together knowledge to survive, as the Wraith had done and maintained 10,000 years up until the civil war. The problem is he doesn’t want to allow new knowledge in.

Ladon Radim – Not quite as jumpy as The Old One, but this guy just doesn’t get it, how everyone’s lives are interrelated and how some Earth humans have Ancient genes and a right to be in Pegasus too. I can’t fault him for wanting to be autonomous, but the Lanteans leave the Genii alone as long as the Genii do not try to oppress others. I facepalm when he asks for help from Atlantis and then plots to kill the proverbial goose which lays the golden egg by wanting to go up against the Tau’ri. Like Queen Death and The Old One, he has no idea what he is getting into.

Ember’s Wraith-napping – Oh, yes, there must be a spy on board Todd’s hive. Teyla hinted at it and how else would the old One know where to get Ember? Or that the Lanteans had a (not so) secret weapon?

Keller – Wow, she has retreated into her professional zone, which is needed to operate on Rodney, but what is she worried about with the pomegranate seeds? Does she fear becoming a Wraith worshipper? She was fed on 2x now and she seems to be avoiding Rodney for more than his badly-timed proposal.

Weir – It’s kind of cool to have her watching over everyone and kind of creepy in that I would hope Ascended beings do not watch anything and everything in peoples’ personal lives. Total privacy concerns! XD Also, I wonder where her historical Wraith knowledge came from which she helped to pass on through dreams—from other Ascended beings or can Ascended beings also read minds like Rodney could when he was near Ascension?

Zelenka - loved the part with the sea life forms... his replacement for pigeons? This would make lovely fanart, as would Zelenka watching Torren and Darling with Lego ships ^_^

You're right there must be a spy.

I can't imagine that Elizabeth would intrude on people's privacy. After all, this is Elizabeth! But watching Woolsey in his office isn't exactly private. I mean, his walls are glass!
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            I can't imagine that Elizabeth would intrude on people's privacy. After all, this is Elizabeth! But watching Woolsey in his office isn't exactly private. I mean, his walls are glass!
            Not Elizabeth, no, but I'm not sure I trust other Ascended beings 100%.

I'm eagerly awaiting book 6, of course!
            Spoiler:

Seeing where all Hyperion’s weapon will show up, and in whose hands, could be chaotic, thrilling, and fun. I wonder if Hyperion’s weapon will end up in Ronon’s hands. If so, it would be great if Ronon destroyed it, or with Todd’s help, as in teamwork made real in the vein of their mission from “The Last Man.” The physical act of tossing it away would be symbolic of Ronon’s burden of anger being destroyed. Or, maybe he could volunteer to be a lifeforce donor, at least once. A big guy like him might recover more easily than Jennifer.

Looking forward to seeing if a new Roanoke will spring forth in Pegasus and have this one flourish. Jennifer’s retrovirus is promising, Todd’s hive and Alabaster are sold on the concept of it, and Alabaster could heal her people more efficiently.

Hoping Rodney will become as at peace with his experience as Quicksilver as Teyla as with Steelflower. He understands Wraith tech now: what new, environmentally friendly things could be built with it or inspired by it, as a combination of human tech and Wraith tech?

Comment

Hmm, I ordered mine the moment the link appeared ... alas, I've not even been notified that it's been dispatched!

Comment

Hmm, I ordered mine the moment the link appeared ... alas, I've not even been notified that it's been dispatched!
                That happened to me a few books ago too: other people got their shipping notices and books almost a week before mine.

Comment

Oh well, on a positive note, I guess it will make the gap between 5 & 6 shorter!

Comment

Oh well, on a positive note, I guess it will make the gap between 5 & 6 shorter!
                    Always optimistic, he?

Every day is something like torture... thoughts spinning around... who is/are the traitor(s)? .. who's Darlings father? ...who will be the inheritors of whom? *sigh*

Comment

I expect Darling's father is dead. I imagine he was one of the crew who didn't take the lifepod so that Alabaster could.
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
                        ... who is/are the traitor(s)?
                        Hopefully, there is not more than one! I wonder if it will be a new Wraith or maybe one of the ones who met Death in "Homecoming." In particular, Todd didn't want Ease to meet her again (p280); Ease seemed most affected by her mental hold. But, would First Watch Captain have access to immediate knowledge and tactics, like Hyperion's weapon? That would point to the Second. At best, I hope it is a listening device or computer virus, but I am not counting on it.

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
                        ...who will be the inheritors of whom? *sigh*
                        My guess: Pegasus humans, Milky Way Humans, and Wraith are the inheritors of the legacy of the Ancients-- the trio of "sisters" from Teyla's story in "The Furies." What they inherit is partially in their hands, with the gift of the new retrovirus; but, maybe there will be something else. (?)

Comment

For some reason I am thinking Rodney has been brainwashed and programmed and he doesn't even know it....
                          sigpic

I think I need a new signature. *sigh*

Comment

Is the furies book already been out in actual bookform or not yet?
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                              Is the furies book already been out in actual bookform or not yet?
                              It's out in book form. Happy reading and culling!

Comment

Hopefully, there is not more than one! I wonder if it will be a new Wraith or maybe one of the ones who met Death in "Homecoming." In particular, Todd didn't want Ease to meet her again (p280); Ease seemed most affected by her mental hold. But, would First Watch Captain have access to immediate knowledge and tactics, like Hyperion's weapon? That would point to the Second. At best, I hope it is a listening device or computer virus, but I am not counting on it.
                                Well, it has to be someone on Atlantis who told the Old (Bastard) One about the weapon. Noone ouside of the city knew... Guide also got to know when he met Alabaster in the gateroom. I also guess, it's a brainwashed Rodney, who can't remember.

Maybe it was Ease who told where to find Ember... he was deeply impressed by Death, that's true. But as I understood, Bonewhite has ancountered Death some times before, always avoiding to make an decision, 'til Guide came home. There could be some more, who would choose her side.

My guess: Pegasus humans, Milky Way Humans, and Wraith are the inheritors of the legacy of the Ancients-- the trio of "sisters" from Teyla's story in "The Furies." What they inherit is partially in their hands, with the gift of the new retrovirus; but, maybe there will be something else. (?)
                                I suppose, Steelflower has to give Guide's hive to Alabaster - as the daughter of Snow.
                                Woolsey maybe has to give the command over Atlantis to someone else - the IOA isn't so fond of him anymore. But I can't imagine who would succeed him.
                                The Athosians are surely the inheritor of the Pegasus-Ancients - as the Tau'ri are the ones of the Milky Way-Ancients and the Asgards.
                                And... who else? *g*

Comment

Working...
                                X