Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally just started reading this book series, and not wanting spoiled too much, but thought I'd pop in and say how much I loved the first book! Starting 'The Lost' right now and can't wait.

I'm actually opting for the e-book versions (basically because they're cheaper and my bookcases are full to bursting as it is!) for the very first time!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      Literally just started reading this book series, and not wanting spoiled too much, but thought I'd pop in and say how much I loved the first book! Starting 'The Lost' right now and can't wait.

I'm actually opting for the e-book versions (basically because they're cheaper and my bookcases are full to bursting as it is!) for the very first time!
      To quote Carter to Woolsey, "...you're in for a treat." I hope you get inspired to do some fanart and post it here and/or on dA.

"Furies" has been my favorite Fandy book so far. I'll be taking the opposite approach, though, and eagerly reading spoilers from anywhere I can find them.

Comment

Hello!

I wanted to know if these books are considered to be canon or a possible canon.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
          To quote Carter to Woolsey, "...you're in for a treat." I hope you get inspired to do some fanart and post it here and/or on dA.

"Furies" has been my favorite Fandy book so far. I'll be taking the opposite approach, though, and eagerly reading spoilers from anywhere I can find them.
          Just finished "The Lost" in one-go more-or-less, lol! Didn't quite like it as much as "Homecoming", but still enjoyed it!

Feel like doing some Quicksilver fan art though

Anyone already done any?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaJenniferChloe View Post
            I wanted to know if these books are considered to be canon or a possible canon.
            Like many other sci-fi franchises, different wikis and different fans all have varying opinions about what is canon. The authors seem cool about it all and seem to be having fun with the series. That's all I'm looking for, as well as to support the franchise by buying the merchandise.

Feel like doing some Quicksilver fan art though

Anyone already done any?
            Please do make some Quicksilver art!

Silverbullet has posted two, one is a cute comic of what people are hoping will happen in the books, all in good fun:
            http://silverbullet72.deviantart.com...mber-317653628
            http://silverbullet72.deviantart.com...-you-317809230

Long before the books were published, Nebulan also Wraithified the entire team. Here is what could be a Quicksilver portrait:
            http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/Wr...odney-31103656

Comment

Random comment, but I'm reading "Allegiance" and I'm finding Rodney's hair envy to be far too funny...some things never change, lol
              sigpic

Comment

Random comment, but I'm reading "Allegiance" and I'm finding Rodney's hair envy to be far too funny...some things never change, lol
                He gets funnier as his personality comes through more and more. Great avatar, by the way.

Comment

That's me all caught up!! Can't wait for "Secrets"!! Anyone know it's exact release date??

I am absolutely loving the Wraith in these books...this is the way they should have been on the show!
                  sigpic

Comment

That's me all caught up!! Can't wait for "Secrets"!! Anyone know it's exact release date??

I am absolutely loving the Wraith in these books...this is the way they should have been on the show!
                    Wow, you read quickly! It takes me days to finish just 1 book. XD

I like the Wraith in them too, and also the Lanteans much better than the show. It feels more like I really know them, right down to the smallest details, such as imagining Jennifer having to be among several other Jennifers in her class, due to the popularity of her name when she was born. It shows that a lot of thought went into stepping into the shoes of each character and each one is given a fair chance, both John's crew and Todd's.

"Secrets" should be here soon, within days:
                    http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/196256.html

Comment

Wow, you read quickly! It takes me days to finish just 1 book. XD

I like the Wraith in them too, and also the Lanteans much better than the show. It feels more like I really know them, right down to the smallest details, such as imagining Jennifer having to be among several other Jennifers in her class, due to the popularity of her name when she was born. It shows that a lot of thought went into stepping into the shoes of each character and each one is given a fair chance, both John's crew and Todd's.

"Secrets" should be here soon, within days:
                      http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/196256.html
                      Well I've been cooped up indoors feeling pretty yucky, so I thought why not power through the books!

Yeah we're seeing everyone fleshed out that bit more. I absolutely love how they're writing Guide they've made him such a well-rounded, sympathetic character.

My only slight sticking point is Sheyla, but even that's tolerable as they're bonding over things they'd probably not talk to anyone else about.

I'm liking Jennifer in this a lot more...but I'm still wanting more Beckett!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I've been cooped up indoors feeling pretty yucky, so I thought why not power through the books!

Yeah we're seeing everyone fleshed out that bit more. I absolutely love how they're writing Guide they've made him such a well-rounded, sympathetic character.

My only slight sticking point is Sheyla, but even that's tolerable as they're bonding over things they'd probably not talk to anyone else about.

I'm liking Jennifer in this a lot more...but I'm still wanting more Beckett!!!!
                        Hopefully, you are feeling much better today. ^_^

The Sheyla parts do bring out more details, such as both of them knowing how it feels to "bond" with a ship during flight, be it Ancient or Wraith, neither of them being raised to know how to do so.

More Beckett would be great-- especially as a supportive ear for his friend Rodney!

Comment

I give you Quicksilver!

Spoiler:

It's been about 7 years since I last 'wraithified' somebody, but I'll keep at it till I get something I really like
                          sigpic

Comment

I give you Quicksilver!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...uicksilver.jpg

It's been about 7 years since I last 'wraithified' somebody, but I'll keep at it till I get something I really like
                            Awesome work! I spread some green around to green you for it.

So, you have Wraithified others?

Comment

Awesome work! I spread some green around to green you for it.

So, you have Wraithified others?
                              Thank you

I had previously wraithified Rodney and Elizabeth, but I dropped my hard drive without having another backup, so i'd need to redo them
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you

I had previously wraithified Rodney and Elizabeth, but I dropped my hard drive without having another backup, so i'd need to redo them
                                Ah, stupid human tech! Sorry to hear that; this Rodney is very good with just the right shade of green to compliment the color of his lips. If he could snap his fingers and make his hair longer, I wonder which style he would choose.

I also wonder if telepathy would be a blessing or a curse for him. On one hand, he can say awkward things and telepathy could help to convey to others he means well and to better connect. On the other hand, he could immediately project thoughts which are a little too honest. In "Allegiance," I thought it was likely him who thought out loud, "I knew we should have sent a probe." XD

Comment

Working...
                                X