Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for this in Nov when it was supposed to be due and couldn't find it--thanks for sharing that it is now available. I just downloaded it to my Kindle. I was hoping that they would get McKay out of his messy situation in this one, but sadly I don't think the authors are McKay fans! Judging from reviews we will have to wait longer for that to happen. Argh! Anyway, thanks again for the heads up!
    Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
      I was looking for this in Nov when it was supposed to be due and couldn't find it--thanks for sharing that it is now available. I just downloaded it to my Kindle. I was hoping that they would get McKay out of his messy situation in this one, but sadly I don't think the authors are McKay fans! Judging from reviews we will have to wait longer for that to happen. Argh! Anyway, thanks again for the heads up!
      I think it's more like not wanting to resolve the issue as quickly as it would have been in a 44 minute episode. I think it's great that it's being drawn out. And I doubt very much it has anything to do with the authors disliking McKay. It's more like his rescue will take the length of a two-part episode, rather than one, and breaking it in the middle as though it was a mid-season cliffhanger. Plus, they could have put one of the other major characters in his place, and it still would be continued to the next book.

I have to wonder, though, if this experience will temper and make him easier to get along with, or make him worse than before his capture.

And if you are interested in recommendations, I've read and find them well worth reading:

The Chosen
      Exogenesis
      Dead End
      Mirror, Mirror
      Casualties of War (takes place mid S3)
      Angelus (takes place early S4)
      Nightfall (takes place mid-S4)

I've read the majority of SG1 ebooks, too, but this is an SGA thread, so.....

Comment

Well, he's been tempered a whole bunch since he was sent to Russia! I don't know how much more tempering a man like him could manage! I like him just the way he is, thanks. And have known many men like him in real life academic settings so, you know?

I get what you mean about drawing it out--but with the books spaced out so much, waiting to find out what happens next is annoying. Not like just waiting until next weeks ep, right?

Thanks for the recommendations. I think I've read a few of those. I'll have to check my kindle to be sure.
        Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I think it's more like not wanting to resolve the issue as quickly as it would have been in a 44 minute episode. I think it's great that it's being drawn out. And I doubt very much it has anything to do with the authors disliking McKay. It's more like his rescue will take the length of a two-part episode, rather than one, and breaking it in the middle as though it was a mid-season cliffhanger. Plus, they could have put one of the other major characters in his place, and it still would be continued to the next book.

I have to wonder, though, if this experience will temper and make him easier to get along with, or make him worse than before his capture.
          It's a six book series, so Rodney can't very well be rescued and saved right away, can he? Besides, whump is a form of love.
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
            It's a six book series, so Rodney can't very well be rescued and saved right away, can he? Besides, whump is a form of love.
            I have come to realize that since I started reading fanfiction, and now these Stargate novels.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I have come to realize that since I started reading fanfiction, and now these Stargate novels.

Maybe Jack will turn up just in time to go swimming in icy waters and then be mind probed by Replicators again?

There's something about making the boys bleed....
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Agreed! I'm new to all this terminology, having never delved into fanfic much before now. Was really surprised when I went online looking at how much is out there. Whumpage, slash, Mary Sue--its like a whole new universe. Wow.

I do like this series of books and think they are well-written. It's a strange way to write. I read that there are three authors working on it and they divy up the writing by character and post everything privately in real time on LiveJournal, I think. I do wish they would develop the characters more. But it seems there has to be a compromise between action and character and there are a lot of characters so POV has to change with every scene/chapter. I'm not always convinced Sheppard is really Sheppard--dialogue seems forced in places, but overall very good. And I didn't realize their contract was for six books--that's really great. At least that gives us something to look forward to since the franchise is down for the moment.

Oh, and no one does whump like David Hewlett. I love his reactions to every whump. I like me some angst, I do.

Comment

I'm willing to trust the recommendations here. Looks like I'll be picking up the series of books! Thanks!

Comment

I can't afford a Kindle and my bank card won't do Worldpay so I guess it is the end of SGA books for me.
                    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                    Individuality is freedom lived.
                    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

They are still available as paper, you know. 5$ on Amazon, so they can't be more expensive in a bookstore (if they are even available that is, in a bookstore I mean).
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                        I can't afford a Kindle and my bank card won't do Worldpay so I guess it is the end of SGA books for me.
                        Also they are available from crossroadpress.com in other formats than kindle, including PDF so that you can read on your computer just like you are right now!

http://store.crossroadpress.com/inde...aupb3jl6cj9nl6

All of the books are $4.99, and of course there are no shipping charges.
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/163991.html

Preview section from The Avengers up!
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/163991.html

Preview section from The Avengers up!
                            Thanks. I love it - mysterious and poetic. Am so looking forward to the book.
                            sigpic

Comment

OOOOH! Wasn't that delicious! Can't wait to see where this is going! I love what these authors have done with the Wraith. The show humanized Michael, made him a sympathetic character and seeing Wraith motivations is just incredibly interesting to me. More, more, more!

Comment

Originally posted by Socknitster View Post
                                OOOOH! Wasn't that delicious! Can't wait to see where this is going! I love what these authors have done with the Wraith. The show humanized Michael, made him a sympathetic character and seeing Wraith motivations is just incredibly interesting to me. More, more, more!

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/164120.html

There's a piece from the fifth book, Secrets, up today!
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X