This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Have you read Stargate: Atlantis - Homecoming (Book 1 of the Legacy series)?
    No, hence why I'm giving out general info. And I have no intention of reading either... In fact, I haven't read a single one of the books that were written. Don't have the time to be quite honest - my to-read list is longer than my life will be long I'm afraid.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

More delicious info - read the following - its great ...

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/144351.html

Another snippet of whats to come, soooooo looking forward to these books, I'm re-reading The Lost again, in preparation for Allegiance.
      I came, I saw, I conquered!
      sigpic
      We are unique! Created unique!
      Sevenofnine

Comment

So far it's just the 6 books planned at the moment. I thoroughly enjoyed both Homecoming and The Lost and read them through faster than I've read any of the other SG books (and I've read them all). #3 is due out next month. Worth picking up IMHO and you wont know how well you like them until you try yourself.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Without diving into the plot, what was the reason for flying Atlantis back to Pegasus? What is Atlantis needed for that an Earth-ship can't do? This is basically what's going to determine whether I read the books or not.

Comment

Without diving into the plot, what was the reason for flying Atlantis back to Pegasus? What is Atlantis needed for that an Earth-ship can't do? This is basically what's going to determine whether I read the books or not.
            It was basically a political decision. None of the countries on Earth were happy with Atlantis being in American territory and there wasn't really anywhere that would change that seeing as it was essentially an invincible weapons platform that could pick out and destroy any target on Earth. The IOA weren't willing to make a firm decision on it either way, so O'Neill took it over as a military outpost to force their hand, knowing that they would never allow it to stay as a military outpost. Shortly after, they decided it was in everyone's best interest for it to return to the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

They couldn't have shipped it off to Mars instead?

Comment

They bring up a lot of ethical issues, from what I remember, but that was me going purely by memory. Plus you asked for the reasoning "without diving into plot" so I figured you weren't wanting to know every single little thing. I can look it up later today if you want the full explanation.

Comment

I found the books on Amazon.ca. Got the first book fine. Now the second one is taking way longer. They better not be out of print!
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                    I found the books on Amazon.ca. Got the first book fine. Now the second one is taking way longer. They better not be out of print!
                    It shouldn't be. And the third book is due to come out next month.
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Is book three able to be pre-ordered anywhere yet? I have been checking amazon frequently but don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                        Is book three able to be pre-ordered anywhere yet? I have been checking amazon frequently but don't see it.
                        No, not yet. The first place the books usually appear is on the publisher's website. http://www.stargatenovels.com/
                        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

SGA had a good run and a fantastic finale, but... it left me wanting more. Is this new book series worth checking out?
                          It's like SGA Season Six in novel form. I enjoyed the first two books and am looking forward to the third. I recommend giving the first book a try.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                            It's like SGA Season Six in novel form. I enjoyed the first two books and am looking forward to the third. I recommend giving the first book a try.
                            Absolutely! ... And not only a great action plot, but full of wonderful personal moments which seem to be leading to actual advancements in character relationships, etc. Going on the first two books, I have to say this is thestory that should be the movie if it's ever made!!
                            Last edited by mercy moon; 01 November 2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Hi guys! Have you ever read Stargate Atlantis: Legacy Books? (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Starg...lantis:_Legacy)

I have some questions!

1. Until now 2 books have been released(ONLY from the Stargate Atlantis: Legacy Books). In Gateworld: http://www.gateworld.net/books/ at the Atlantis Novels I saw that the 3rd book will be released in June of 2011, but I can't find the book anywhere in the internet. I searched amazon and I didn't find it! Why it isn't released yet? Or do you know when it will be released?

2. Have you read the 1st book ''Homecoming''? If someone read this, I have some questions about this book because I am gonna buy it!

2.1 How many pages does the book has?
                              2.2 What exactly does the book say?
                              2.3 Did you like it?
                              2.4 How much time did you spend to read it?
                              2.5 Does it has pictures? Are they colored or without color?

Comment

1) The book will be available next month. The release date has been changed many times, but it looks like it should be within the next three to four weeks now.

2.1) Homecoming has 368 pages, though the novel itself ends at page 3350. (just updated the wiki to reflect this, don't know why I hadn't already)

2.2) I'm not sure what you mean by this. It's a novel so it says...a lot. If you mean the back blurb, I've also updated the wiki to show this.

2.3) I enjoyed it very much; the characterisations were brilliant, the plot was realistic and filled with the right amount of suspense to keep me interested throughout.

2.4) I finished it in a few hours, as I do with all Stargate novels, but I am a tad obsessed with them...

2.5) The only pictures are the cover image. It's a novel so there's no reference pictures inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X