This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    This is the only way to find out if you'll like it. It's the second book in the Legacy series so you'll need to read Homecoming first if you haven't already done so.
    That's a definite problem when it comes to a book. Unless it's a direct sequel, that means I'm going to have to work at just being able to open the book I'm interested in and understand what's happening.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Have read Homecoming as well as Lost and enjoyed both books, just waiting now for the next one to come out in June sometime. It is good that we are getting a lot more of the wraith culture, there is more to them, than what the TV series gave us, but alas they won't show that will they anymore
      I came, I saw, I conquered!
      sigpic
      We are unique! Created unique!
      Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        So, do you guys recommend I give it a try?
        Give the Legacy series a try! All of the characters are treated fairly, not as sidekicks, comic relief, or one-dimensional villains. Considerable care was given to writing the realistic viewpoints of the characters, from Zelenka to Todd, as the video format didn't quite accommodate.

Without saying enough to be spoilery, in this book, Rodney’s new experiences are taking him past his comfort zone and Teyla’s fascinating Gift is being explored more. There is also an undercurrent of the theme of worth. What is one team member worth? What is one worth to him or her self?

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
        The Wraith parts were good even though the Quicksilver business is a bit obvious.
        It took me a while to catch on. I didn't think the writers would dare and kept thinking
        Spoiler:
        Quicksilver had to be a Wraith who got away from the Lanteans from a TV episode.
        Last edited by WraithTech; 20 May 2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

*bumps thread up with some Queen Death fanart*

http://orbofnight.deviantart.com/art...eath-206351120

Comment

Absolutely loved both Legacy books. So far they're the fastest I've ever read any SG books. They're extremely well written and fit into the big picture easily. I'd recommend giving them a try. It's the only way you'll know if you like them too.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I know everywhere i see says 'june' for release.....no where can i find it to preorder it.....and June is like 2 days away haha
              Go Preds Go

Comment

Originally posted by Predhead View Post
                I know everywhere i see says 'june' for release.....no where can i find it to preorder it.....and June is like 2 days away haha
                What did the first two books cover?
                sigpic

Comment

after EATG when atlantis lands on earth and the journey back to the pegasus galaxy and all the antics one can get in to
                  Go Preds Go

Comment

they're the fastest because the base of the story is already set up....season 5 of sga...really the books are perfect when i'm done reading i've felt like i have spent the entire week watching atlantis. The books are perfect for imagining a season six....or seven
                    Go Preds Go

Comment

well at the very least it is stargate and that's good enough for me.
                      Go Preds Go

Comment

Originally posted by Predhead View Post
                        after EATG when atlantis lands on earth and the journey back to the pegasus galaxy and all the antics one can get in to
                        I will have to pick up the books then.... amazon here i come....
                        sigpic

Comment

They're really good and interesting reads. The majority of Fandemonium books are.
                          sigpic

Comment

You'll probably be able to also order them at http://stargatenovels.com/
                            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

I read on one of the writers LiveJounals that the third would be available near the END of June....disappointing. I read The Lost in three days.
                              Go Preds Go

Comment

That's a shame. I polished off The Lost pretty quickly too. I'm finding the Legacy series to be quite addictive.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X