This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
    I found it at Barnes & Noble and read it over the weekend.

Spoiler:
    I never even considered that the Wraith would reverse-Michael Rodney. That was a cool plot twist.

Overall, it didn't feel like much happened though. Another potential diplomatic crisis with the Genii and a whole subplot about Atlantis adapting to ice.
    The Lost spoilers:

Spoiler:
    I laughed out loud when Ardent used the term "misbegotten" to describe Quicksilver in the game room.

Avoiding the lizard creatures in desert trek to the Avenger and Todd hiding Ronon and Jennifer away from Queen Death's followers was also exciting for me: new places, new situations, new ship and newly learned mysteries about the Ancients who left it there...

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
      The Lost spoilers:

Spoiler:
      I laughed out loud when Ardent used the term "misbegotten" to describe Quicksilver in the game room.

Avoiding the lizard creatures in desert trek to the Avenger and Todd hiding Ronon and Jennifer away from Queen Death's followers was also exciting for me: new places, new situations, new ship and newly learned mysteries about the Ancients who left it there...
      Spoiler:
      I wasn't saying it was bad. I did like the character/species development, but there wasn't as much advancement in the overall story as I expected.

I also liked the Wraith interpretation of what happened with the Atlantis Expedition (though I'm not sure how they know about Carter's "consort" back on Earth )

Comment

Spoiler:

I also liked the Wraith interpretation of what happened with the Atlantis Expedition (though I'm not sure how they know about Carter's "consort" back on Earth )
        Spoiler:
        I'm guessing Todd was the first source of this story. He stole information from Atlantis, possibly including things about Jack, and would have the sense of humor to call Woolsey 'Hairy.'

Comment

I found it at Barnes & Noble and read it over the weekend.

Spoiler:
          I never even considered that the Wraith would reverse-Michael Rodney. That was a cool plot twist.

Overall, it didn't feel like much happened though. Another potential diplomatic crisis with the Genii and a whole subplot about Atlantis adapting to ice.
          Yeah, I can agree with you there. It did feel like a lot of build-up but they still kept the plot moving. Was very impressed with it over all though.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

In case anybody's interested, there's an Ask the Authors of the next Legacy book, Melissa Scott and Amy Griswold, going on here: http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/122258.html
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Well somebody had to make one.

So discuss,discuss.

And mind yer spoilers.

Some of us are STILL READING!
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Ok. Read it.

Enjoyed it.

Not quite as much fun as the first read.
                Could have used some more humor (IMO)

Only thing I really didn't like was the possible direction the origin of the Wraith might be taking.

But other then that.

A good read.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Have only just found your thread because we Wraith fans have been discussing the Legacy books so far in the Wraith Defenders Club.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh just typical. I throw a party and everyone goes to the cool kids house instead.

JUST TYPICAL!
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm interested in it, but I'm also wary given some bad and strange revews I've seen on Amazon.
                      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I had commented on it in the other Legacy thread.

I loved it. Very good novel with a lot of character beats in it. A lot of setup still, but they're building towards something. I figured out the deal with Quicksilver straight away but that didn't make it any less interesting.

I just can't wait to read the next one.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          Oh just typical. I throw a party and everyone goes to the cool kids house instead.

JUST TYPICAL!
                          WDC members tend to live in that topic so we've been discussing the Wraithy bits there.

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                          I'm interested in it, but I'm also wary given some bad and strange revews I've seen on Amazon.
                          Books are like movies and TV shows - not everyone's going to like them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Didn't care for Homecoming much. Gave it another shot and just read The Lost.
                            Definite improvement. The Wraith parts were good even though the Quicksilver business is a bit obvious. I have no quarrel w/the action in the book but I still cringe at some of the dialogue.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              Books are like movies and TV shows - not everyone's going to like them.
                              So, do you guys recommend I give it a try?
                              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                                So, do you guys recommend I give it a try?
                                This is the only way to find out if you'll like it. It's the second book in the Legacy series so you'll need to read Homecoming first if you haven't already done so.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X