Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Asgard (Season 2 spoilers & speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wass
    Well let me see thay said they may bring back little O’neil in season eight it never happened, they also said that a third installment of Aschen arc is on cards which never happen and they said they are pitching a story where Daniel grandfather Nick Ballard will return in Season Eight again never happened.
    That was all said in the form of "maybe we'll do this" or "we might do that"; anytime they've said something definite, it's happened. Like the Replicators being a force to be reckoned w/ when next they returned; or
    Spoiler:
    Daniel dealing w/ his ascension arc finally
    ; or the Atlantis team getting a new enemy mid-season; or there being some Atlantis/SG-1 crossovers (Home counts); or
    Spoiler:
    doing another time travel/AU episode
    ... When it's been a definite claim, it's happened, so I have little reason to believe this was either a lie or a nod to a "might happen".

-Bloodaxe

Comment

[asgard fanboy] I wanna see Supreme Commander Thor fly in and beat the Wraith up like a stale sack of potatoes![/asgard fanboy]

Comment

thor! imagine:

3 asgard ships exit hyperspace and camera focus thor which radios the wraith "I'm the supreme commander Thor of the asgard fleet. You are ordered to retread or face the consequences." with a bad mother****er face. A little demonstration would be awesome too!

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
          thor! imagine:

3 asgard ships exit hyperspace and camera focus thor which radios the wraith "I'm the supreme commander Thor of the asgard fleet. You are ordered to retread or face the consequences." with a bad mother****er face. A little demonstration would be awesome too!
          and then cut to a scene of the wraith laughing. they open fire and kick the crap out of the asgard and thor needs another new body!

Comment

I hope they have a know it all Asgard who's really arrogant and treats McKay like a child, that would be hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              and then cut to a scene of the wraith laughing. they open fire and kick the crap out of the asgard and thor needs another new body!

NEVARRRR!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Dragon

NEVARRRR!!!!
                LOL the wraith overwhelmed the ANCIENTS! do you really think the asgard would have a snowballs chance in Ne'tu?

Comment

LOL the wraith overwhelmed the ANCIENTS! do you really think the asgard would have a snowballs chance in Ne'tu?
                  The Wraiths overwhelmed the Ancients with superior numbers but the Asgards don't have to deal with overwhelming numbers, just two hive ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                    The Wraiths overwhelmed the Ancients with superior numbers but the Asgards don't have to deal with overwhelming numbers, just two hive ships.
                    the wraith's technology rivaled the ancients. they compensated for the slight edge the ancients had with overwhelming numbers. the ancients were way more advanced than the asgard, so they would be no match for the wraith who were almost as advanced as the ancients. it goes asgard-wraith-ancients in level of technology.

Comment

the wraith's technology rivaled the ancients. they compensated for the slight edge the ancients had with overwhelming numbers. the ancients were way more advanced than the asgard, so they would be no match for the wraith who were almost as advanced as the ancients. it goes asgard-wraith-ancients in level of technology.
                      Incorrect. The Wraith's technology is nowhere near the Ancients level. I'd say that the Wraith are in some ways on par with the Asgard, and in other ways far below them. The cheif advantage of the Wraith is their population.

Spoiler for Siege part One.
                      Spoiler:
                      Quoth Rodney McKay: "Keep in mind that the Ancient technology is far superior. They only lost the war because they were vastly outnumbered."

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterholic
                        See, as much as i would love a regualar asgard, that would mess with the status quo a bit to much. The point of these shows is the gradual evolution of us.
                        I am also somewhat wary of having an Asgard in the Pegasus galaxy at this point in time... they are a very popular race among fans (for good reason) which also means that they could potentially take attention away from one of the key features of the Atlantis expedition which is about humans blundering through the Pegasus galaxy and making earthshattering (?) discoveries pertaining to the Ancients. I can understand the Asgard making the occasional appearance to do research and doing the sharing knowledge thing but at this early stage in the game, it is much more important for humans to find their own feet.

I'm not terribly worried about the Asgard "influencing our evolution" and all that stuff but I'm just concerned that having an Asgard as a regular or recurring character can take away from the need to develop the existing characters. As is we don't even know that much about Sheppard for instance, and really more effort should be made to tighten their individual backstories than to try and dazzle us with more alien presence.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                          Incorrect. The Wraith's technology is nowhere near the Ancients level. I'd say that the Wraith are in some ways on par with the Asgard, and in other ways far below them. The cheif advantage of the Wraith is their population.

Spoiler for Siege part One.
                          Spoiler:
                          Quoth Rodney McKay: "Keep in mind that the Ancient technology is far superior. They only lost the war because they were vastly outnumbered."

-IMF
                          yes thats what rodney said. the ANCIENT lady holigram in "Rising" and the Ancients in"Before I sleep" both said the wraith technology rivaled theirs, one on one the ancients were still superior and could win every battle but probably not by much, and the ancients overcame that inequality with numbers. when it comes down to it, rodney is smart and all, but im gonna take the ancients appraisal over rodney's

Comment

She said "Powers which rival our own"
                            Not necessarily meaning TEchnology, rather meaning Mental powers. The ability to push Sumner across the floor without touching him, gould style.
                            The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

yeah powers could simply refer to the wraith being able to extinguish life with theirs hand when the ancients hand recreate it with the push of a button, etc. the evolution of the ancient may also of given them ability( powers ) that the wraith have also got; not that all the technology the ancients have doesnt affect wraiths because weeve seen that it does
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

oh just forget it

Comment

Working...
                                X