This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis and Continuum

Is anyone else bothered by setting Continuum in the show's fifth season? In the movie, SG-1 plus General O'Neill are honored guests of Ba'al's extraction and execution. SG-1 is Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, Teal'c, and Vala. When they're leaving the SGC, they're leaving all together as if a team, not people reuniting for a special event. After The Ark of Truth, Carter leaves the SGC to lead the Atlantis Expedition. Later that year, Teal'c shows up for a second episode where he's donning longer hair and Jaffa attire. His appearance suggests that he has also left SG-1 to return to his people. With the Goa'uld, Replicators, and Ori defeated... why is Teal'c still with SG-1? Based on how Season 4 played out, it would make sense for Continuum to take place right after The Ark of Truth despite not being released until after the Season 5 premiere. I don't see why that's an issue anyway. The Ark of Truth came out after the Season 4 finale yet takes place way back before the premiere.

the reason Carter left Atlantis was to go to Ba'al's ceremony

Comment

Plus Teal'c could have always decided that he liked his hair the old way, but I admit that it a bit of a discrepency.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

General Jumper One: I know that... Did you read my post? I'm not asking when the movie takes place. I'm suggesting that it should have taken place before Carter left the team to take command of Atlantis.

P-90_177: I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees discrepencies with Carter and Teal'c.

Comment

Shes a senior member and she helped track the baals down, why wouldnt she be there, also O'Neill was there, he wanted her to be there.

As for Teal'c, I assume he got a haircut, maybe the balder look makes him more scary to his enemies.

Comment

I'm not suggesting that Carter should not have been there. You're missing my point entirely. I'm saying the film does not depict a passage of time to factor in that Carter and Teal'c are no longer part of the team.

Comment

Working...
            X