This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld on Atlantis? Your thoughts....

Wouldn't it be a fun arc to have a System Lord or Goa'uld on Atlantis as an ally fighting the wraith? They could arrive by some hyperspace or gate malfunction and end up in Pegasus (this is scifi so they could essentialy write almost anything to get him there). Realizing how great the threat is of the wraith they team up, so to speak, to defeat some sinister plot of the wraiths to gain access to the Milky Way. Mind you this would work I think only as a short arc. In a sense it has been done, Goa'uld working with humans (when it is in their best interest of course).

Realy funny would be to have senile old Yu there thinking he was fighting Anubis all over again. And he would mistake everyone on Atlantis as his Jaffa.

I don't think it would be the best idea, at least not at this point in the series. I could see someone like Teal'c working with the people on Atlantis, but other then that I don't see it working out to well, or for that matter being all that entertaining.
    http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN
      Wouldn't it be a fun arc to have a System Lord or Goa'uld on Atlantis as an ally fighting the wraith? They could arrive by some hyperspace or gate malfunction and end up in Pegasus (this is scifi so they could essentialy write almost anything to get him there). Realizing how great the threat is of the wraith they team up, so to speak, to defeat some sinister plot of the wraiths to gain access to the Milky Way. Mind you this would work I think only as a short arc. In a sense it has been done, Goa'uld working with humans (when it is in their best interest of course).

Realy funny would be to have senile old Yu there thinking he was fighting Anubis all over again. And he would mistake everyone on Atlantis as his Jaffa.
      I was thinking that this might be possible, but unlike your idea, my idea involves a system lord siding with the Wraith, not the SG-A team. The best person for the job would be Anubis. I'm thinking Anubis might not be destroyed in Moebius or the other Season 8 episodes involving him. If he survives, it's plausible that he finds the location of the lost city and somehow makes it to Pegasus, where he discovers the Wraith. I'd love to see that.

As for Yu, I wouldn't mind if his character simply died; he's not that interesting to me.

Comment

Well luckily I only skim read that last post as it seemed to be spoiler-plentiful which not wanted I wanted to see.

But I think it would interesting for one Goa'uld to take a host of someone at the SGC and then gate to atlantis to try and take it over. Obviously they would have to be either killed off in the same episode or go to another planet and try again at another time.

But I wouldn't want the system lords in Atlantis really. And the Wrath wouldn't side with them, then wraith would eat them.

Comment

Both shows need their own unique villains. If you have a lot of crossover it makes it harder to distinguish which show is which. SG-1 has the Goa'uld and Atlantis has the Wraith and it should stay that way... at least until Atlantis is more firmly established. Even then, I'd be a bit cagey about it.

I did have some fun ideas about an exiled system lord forced to side with the Atlantis crew, but naturally, the goa'uld's motives were more than a little suspect. Still, on reflection, that probably isn't a good idea.

Comment

I wouldn't want to see the Goa'uld in Atlantis. Atlantis is not SG-1. It's a different galaxy with different characters, and a different enemy.

The only real things that make Atlantis and SG-1 close together is that... there's a Stargate. But even that is different

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

IMO gouald are dying breed to the chances of them coming Pegasus are slim as mentioned by shadow it would confuse people and I really don’t see it happening.

My idea is what if the gouald leave MW for pegasus to make fresh start and find a lot humans who they can enslave and then find out about the wraith and get there asses kicked or one of the gouald system lords takes wraith as host how cool with that be.
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                IMO gouald are dying breed to the chances of them coming Pegasus are slim as mentioned by shadow it would confuse people and I really don’t see it happening.

My idea is what if the gouald leave MW for pegasus to make fresh start and find a lot humans who they can enslave and then find out about the wraith and get there asses kicked or one of the gouald system lords takes wraith as host how cool with that be.
                That would be really cool. I like your idea better than mine.

Comment

You wouldn't want to make Atlantis stale by bringing the Goa'uld on, would you?

Comment

My speculation is that the Wraith will come to the Milky Way instead. If the Goa'uld (or Replicators) are still major players in our galaxy, the two baddies will collide.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
                      My speculation is that the Wraith will come to the Milky Way instead. If the Goa'uld (or Replicators) are still major players in our galaxy, the two baddies will collide.
                      Meh, wouldn't like that either.

Goa'uld should stay where they are, Wraith stay where they are...

Unless it gets down to (dare we say it) the last episode(s) ever of Atlantis maybe they could end up home (if Earth hasn't gone BOOM by then) and it could be some big finale battle with the Wraith at Earth or something...

*shrug*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I didn't mean bringing the Goa'uld on for full time, I just meant for a 2-3 eps. Just a chance to show the interaction between humans and Goa'uld having to ally themselves. This could show a system lord having to show humility in asking for the humans aid. Also, the chance to see the Goa'uld face an enemy trully more powerful than them. This could be a lot farther down the road, like S4 or S5 (assuming it will go that long). I would also assume the wraith would love to eat Goa'uld more than humans, since there is essentially 2 lifeforces involved.

Comment

There have been instances of the Goa'uld asking for help on SG-1 already. Heck, didn't Apophis show up at some point, half dead and begging for mercy? Or dumped off to die or whatever. Close enough. Plus more spoilery instances.

Point is, it has already been done on SG-1 so it doesn't need to be done on Atlantis.

Now, having to team up with the Wraith to defeat some common enemy, that sounds a little more plausible...

Comment

Just a thought but didn't it say somewhere in S8 that the replicatorsa went to another galaxy? Why not pegasus?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom
                              Just a thought but didn't it say somewhere in S8 that the replicatorsa went to another galaxy? Why not pegasus?
                              For the same reason that the Goa'uld shouldn't be on Atlantis: they're an SG-1 enemy, not an Atlantis one!

Comment

Working...
                              X