Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people have so much hate for season 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    There's something fundamentally wrong if writers can't find a way to bring in other characters - be they main or secondary - into a story and give them something meaningful to do, something that contributes to the story other than to stand around and look pretty.

That's what was wrong with SGA as a whole, but it became more of an issue in the later two seasons and reached its high in season 5.
    Yes, i agree... at one point it seemd the writers only wrote for 4 characters and the rest, instead of 5 main characters.

Comment

The same thing is going on with SGU. Characters are getting sidelined, and it is only the first season. It is almost like the Young and Rush show or maybe it is called Young and the Rushless. lol. Ok J/K
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        The same thing is going on with SGU. Characters are getting sidelined, and it is only the first season. It is almost like the Young and Rush show or maybe it is called Young and the Rushless. lol. Ok J/K
        That doesn't bode well for the future season(s) to come, but really considering it's the same people - were you really expecting anything else?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"Young and the Rushless" That's priceless Brian. Best you've come up with

Is it my imagination or do they only seem to be able to write characters that shout half the time?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            So, MacGyver. I don'y think we'll ever completely agree on those things, but I don't care. I like you anyways
            Me, too.

There's something fundamentally wrong if writers can't find a way to bring in other characters - be they main or secondary - into a story and give them something meaningful to do, something that contributes to the story other than to stand around and look pretty.

That's what was wrong with SGA as a whole, but it became more of an issue in the later two seasons and reached its high in season 5.
            Indeed. And I never understood why it was suddenly a problem. And while it might have been present in season four as well, then it didn't bother me as much as in season five. I liked season four a lot!

*virtual green* So what/who is "Bold and the Beautiful" here?
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

yet James, and she isn't a main character, gets quite some development. you cant focus on a dozen people all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                Greer and TJ?
                sigpic

Comment

Greer and TJ?
                  That doesn't fit, silly.

Comment

Can't green you, so virtual green here
                    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                    I will never accept defeat.
                    I will never quit.
                    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                    ------
                    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      yet James, and she isn't a main character, gets quite some development. you cant focus on a dozen people all the time.
                      I think it can go either way with SGU. As you say other characters have gotten some development as well, while there has still been a lot of focus on Rush vs. Young, too. You're right TPTB can't focus on them all, all the time. We'll see what season two gives us.

Comment

That doesn't bode well for the future season(s) to come, but really considering it's the same people - were you really expecting anything else?
                        Rush and Young are the new Mckay and Sheppard. But they do give Eli focus. Greer and TJ have their small moments just like Teyla and Ronon did, so again it is the same. I don't think anyone will disagree that Rush and Young, and even Eli get the most screentime and whatnot.

"Young and the Rushless" That's priceless Brian. Best you've come up with

Is it my imagination or do they only seem to be able to write characters that shout half the time?
                        LOL, it just came to me, because I know people are accusing SGU of being a Soap Opera. I happen to disagree, but still thought it might get a laugh.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                          I couldn't either. Although I agree with what FH said. I like how she said what I meant to say, and tried to say, in only three lines. Thanks, FH.

Comment

That doesn't fit, silly.
                            I know, I was just being silly

Rush and Young are the new Mckay and Sheppard. But they do give Eli focus. Greer and TJ have their small moments just like Teyla and Ronon did, so again it is the same. I don't think anyone will disagree that Rush and Young, and even Eli get the most screentime and whatnot.

LOL, it just came to me, because I know people are accusing SGU of being a Soap Opera. I happen to disagree, but still thought it might get a laugh.
                            Why are my fave characters the one's spending more time in the background than anywhere else

Well it got a laugh here
                            sigpic

Comment

*snort*

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                              Thank you.

No, I'm not going to count it for you. You can do that yourself.

I couldn't either. Although I agree with what FH said. I like how she said what I meant to say, and tried to say, in only three lines. Thanks, FH.
                              I have my moments.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No, I'm not going to count it for you. You can do that yourself.
                                I don't think Kate would thank him if he got you to count it, especially after last time
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X