Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people have so much hate for season 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I'm less critical of S5 but it just wasn't the best. Without killing McKay the above statements would have been ok in some ways...maybe...who knows.
    sigpic

Comment

Season 5 was good it felt like they knew what they where doing and going. It was like they had found how to write the characters and most eps where good. Except maybe 'Whispers' and 'Inquesition'.

Edit: I also don't think EatG was a good series finale as it felt rushed and not well thought through unlike the rest of the season.
      Last edited by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble; 09 September 2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
        Season 5 was good it felt like they knew what they where doing and going. It was like they had found how to write the characters and most eps were good.
        TPTB thought as much.... I'm not convinced.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          TPTB thought as much.... I'm not convinced.
          me either. I still have only watched 4 eps from my season 5 dvds...and still have NEVER seen BS! Yes a Brainstorm virgin here...until the day I die!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
            Yes a Brainstorm virgin here...until the day I die!
            You'll die happy - some of us are not so lucky.

Comment

But... it's Bill Nye.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
              Killed Mckay off in the first episode thus ending the dreaded triangle of doom and Stargate:McKay with one swipe of the pen. No more kinky broads in leather in charge of the travelers ships...one tough dude instead. Had a several ep arc before the reveal of the pegasus asgard (and fire whomever leaked that in the trailer ) kept Daniel there for several eps (without mckay trying to upstage him )- after all Atlantis is "Daniel Disneyland" according to Cam. Added Radek to Shep's team... nicer guy than mckay and would have been more fun on missions...less whining! Had Teyla and Ronon be more than wallpaper for the eps. I could see teyla being important to woolsey as he tried make diplomatic contacts with the other civilizations. that's just a few ideas.
              If forced to keep McKay, how would you improve the character?

Comment

Originally posted by Skygate View Post
                But... it's Bill Nye.
                To you he is - to me it's Bill who?

So, really don't care about these people - was the tall one Bill Nye or was he the black one? Anyhow, the tall one with the bow-tie was funny.

Comment

To you he is - to me it's Bill who?

So, really don't care about these people - was the tall one Bill Nye or was he the black one? Anyhow, the tall one with the bow-tie was funny.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebSxF0rr5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIUw2z8mxns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZi8TXtRRYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66kuhJkQCVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7t5bVfY4E

Get the DVD's.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    You been watching Dallas?
                    Hmm, Dallas was amateur hour compared to the Colby's.....a main character whisked off into space by a glowing alien.....pure cheestastic gold

Comment

You'll die happy - some of us are not so lucky.
                      my wisdom is far beyond my years...also spoliers are our friends!
                      But... it's Bill Nye.

If forced to keep McKay, how would you improve the character?
                      left him in Russia and never brought him back!

as for Dallas--- some moments were worth watching!

and very yummy!

Comment

Get the DVD's.
                        Why would I want to do that?

Like I said - these people don't interest me. And while that one guy was funny, doesn't mean I want to spent money on him.

Minor fact: I do not own season 5 (or 4) on DVD because I do not feel they are worth my money.

Comment

Like I said - these people don't interest me. And while that one guy was funny, doesn't mean I want to spent money on him.

Minor fact: I do not own season 5 (or 4) on DVD because I do not feel they are worth my money.
                          I only got season 5 on dvd because it was on sale and I had a gift card...none of my own hard-earned money was spent on it! wouldn't give a plug nickle for sgu.

Comment

I'm spending my nickles on Warehouse 13.

Comment

You know... that was just a textbook case of the Americano-centrism I've been talking about for months on my LJ and which people just refused to see... but yes, not everyone knows Bill Nye. In fact, I even doubt he's known in many other countries outside the US and Canada (and maybe the UK?). And yes, this is normal. Don't feel bad, little lemming
                              I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                              I will never accept defeat.
                              I will never quit.
                              I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                              ------
                              "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                                You know... that was just a textbook case of the Americano-centrism I've been talking about for months on my LJ and which people just refused to see... but yes, not everyone knows Bill Nye. In fact, I even doubt he's known in many other countries outside the US and Canada (and maybe the UK?). And yes, this is normal. Don't feel bad, little lemming
                                It's funny that while yes stargate is a world-wide phenomenon, the only ratings that matter to keep it on the air are the american ratings.....so yep....I can see why the show is americancenteric....after all it's the old golden rule...he who has the gold (or in this case the ratings) makes the rules!

Comment

Working...
                                X