Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The symbols are only dots when inactivated, when the gate is activated and dialing, the symbols light up and form a spinning track made of light, which should look like the first pic of the Atlantis gate up there, the one that was just concept art.

Comment

Chi, to answer the question about power, the gate system most likely uses either stored energy in capacitor-like crystals. These crystals could possibly be charged by solar or more likely geothermal energy. But, since the Antarctica gate was so low on power, it had either become disconnected form it's power source, or the capacitor theory is correct and it had a depleated charge.

The SGC gate is powered by good old fashioned electricity. That's why Hammond made the comment that it cost 7 Billion dollars a year just to turn on the lights.

Comment

One billion. 7 billion was for the whole operation.
        sigpic

Comment

Quite right. One billion for the lights and six billion for the remainder of the project
          __

__

Comment

how cool is that though! I mean, some dudes just say one day! "come on chaps, lets move this city, ohh, i dunno, another galaxy ?". How cool I cant wait for atlantis to start!

btw, are we assuming the wraith are pure evil? from what i have read they live off life, and so need other races to survive. Sound sliek a case of survival to me, not being evil. Maybe soon ill be proved wrong

Comment

NEW!! intell of why the Atlantis Stargate is Blue, also why they can't get home.

check out the Pic
              Attached Files

Comment

or it could be just an upgraded verion, or a galaxy marker. like different gates in different galaxies, so they now where they are (or an idea of where they are)

Comment

It made me think of a computer game I used to play - Eye of the Beholder. You had to travel through doorways and portals and things, and every now and then on reaching a new level everything was sort of the same but different. When I saw the new gate in Rising I thought "Hey! New Level!"

Madeleine

Comment

lol. We haven't even beaten the boss on level 1 yet. Wtf kind of game is this?

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                      lol. We haven't even beaten the boss on level 1 yet. Wtf kind of game is this?
                      We need to get the ZPM from Level 2, then pass it back to Level 1. <nod>

I wonder what's in Level 3......
                      sigpic

Comment

Level 3 = Furling domination of the Galaxy.

Comment

Yummy... dinosaur thread.
                          We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Holy cow! You may not be able to find a mini replica of the gate to sit on your computer, but look what I found online for sale....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...267575759&rd=1

Comment

Sweet. Might have to talk my dad into reserving that or a similar one for a seminar next year sometime
                              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Have you ever had the urge just to go to the home depot and construct your own replica gate? The perfect spot for mine will be right at the egde of my diving board into the swimming pool. Or, maybe I should just write the producers of "Monster House" to come and construct me a "Stargate House".

Comment

Working...
                                X