No announcement yet.

Wraith weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure Wraith can't feed on anything except humans and other wraith (in some case). Whenever a wraith was in captivity, they were able to feed on anything else, even when it would have been better if they could.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

IIRC it was mentioned they could but they gain no (or a lot less) nourishment from it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        IIRC it was mentioned they could but they gain no (or a lot less) nourishment from it.
        I cant recall such a thing in the episodes, so this probably was from a mallozzi Q&A then. But yea considering how highly they value humans as food, feeding on animals must be like humans feeding on grass.

Comment

Originally posted by deltaCain054 View Post
          It was a weakness in wraith technology.

Captain: "I have vital information concerning a weakness in Wraith technology and when I deliver the communiqué in my possession, the tide will most certainly turn in our favor."

Sheppard: "Wait! According to the logs, the Aurora left Lantian space during the siege. That means the city had already been sunk to the bottom of the ocean."

This indicates that it is quite late in the war, which means that destroying the cloning facility would be pointless.
          I agree- it was something in the technology.

Originally posted by deltaCain054 View Post
          I've got a weakness: They Die.

But seriously I think it would be a weakness in the very base of there technology. Maybe a way to easily hack in, or a way to disable their ships in one hit, a power issue, some critically important but easily destroyable part of the ship, something fundamental.
          do you think in the intervening thousands of years they fixed it?

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
          The whole Aurora thing felt a bit strange for me. If I had that kind of vital information, I wouldn't start to move it with the technology Aurora was able to use. I find difficult to think that the Ancients couldn't have made a code that was very difficult to crack and send the whole message. If not, why not to go to the nearest Stargate?

The ep hints that it was all about information but Shep&co didn't know for sure. Maybe Aurora found a piece of (Asgard?) technology that was able to kill or some other way attack to wraith tech. Maybe the ship carried the item that couldn't travel through the Stargate (maybe because of its size) and the information was about the item that was going to be reverse engineered.

Edit: and what the weakness could have been... Basically anything but I like to think it was the weakness of all living things: they die. Apparently wraith and wraith tech cells can effectively repair their DNA (if they couldn't, radiation, toxins etc would cause bad, bad things). Maybe there was a way to effectively disturb the systems doing that and the ships, who face insane amounts of radiation not tuned down by atmosphere, would fall apart pretty soon. After all that was the reason the wraith dropped out of the hyper drive: the hives needed time to heal.

Or maybe it was a virus that could infect the wraith technology on hard ware level and kill it.
          that would have been very interesting.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          If it was something to do with their technology, perhaps it had something to do with the way the Aterro Device disrupted their entire civilization's hyperdrive.
          yep I can agree with that...take whatever weakness the aterro device found and exploit it without destroying all of the stargates.

Originally posted by charmscale View Post
          Garlic. The Wraith weakness is totally garlic. They just don't know it yet.
          talk about bad breath!

Comment

Working...
          X