This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    How can someone bug you when they're hardly ever there What? Someone had to say it *adjusts halo*

Anywho, SGA started going downhill for me through season 4 and hit rock bottom in season 5. It got especially bad when it turned into the Rodney McKay chronicles with Keller the love interest and Sheppard the sidekick and Ronon and Teyla the props I dread to think what a season 6 would have been like Oh right, I wouldn't have been watching it by then
    Probably would have involved Rodney cloning himself in order to solve an impossible problem, and thus being a valid reason for Rodney appearing in every scene
    sigpic

Comment

I'm in the camp that SGA peaked with 'The Siege' and then went downhill from there. For me the shark was first jumped in 'Critical Mass' where B story broke out into song and ruined the tension that the A story had spent ramping up. Although the real depths were reached in 'The Return' two parter where they went with the excellent idea of Ancients returning to Atlantis, then went and killed them all off-screen 20 minutes later. I think I stopped watching s3 at that point.

Season 4 was an improvement over Season 3, with Season 5 being somewhat mixed. The Daniel two-parter was really good, but sadly never followed up on.

Comment

Did SGA go downhill? Does the pope **** in the woods?

It was up and down really I though, the first season was awesome, and 4 was pretty good too, EATG was a pile of steaming excrement imo
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          For me, there was no downhill. I enjoyed every damn episode of this show as a whole. But then again, I'm all about the happiness in life here - sunshine, lollipops, rainbows, dead bunnies.
          They were producing excellent eps all the way till the end, so to me that is as indication of a show not going downhill. So totally agree with you.

But call me silly but I'd rather talk only about the good and not the bad. Negativity for any show is just too much sometimes.
          sigpic

Comment

I have enjoyed every single episode of SGA. So now, I don't think it went downhill. Season 6 would of probably far surpassed Season 5....at least, it felt like it was being set up to...

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              They were producing excellent eps all the way till the end, so to me that is as indication of a show not going downhill. So totally agree with you.
              But call me silly but I'd rather talk only about the good and not the bad. Negativity for any show is just too much sometimes.
              Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              I have enjoyed every single episode of SGA. So now, I don't think it went downhill. Season 6 would of probably far surpassed Season 5....at least, it felt like it was being set up to...
              I'm generally a positive person & a loyal viewer. And I always try to present my opinion as constructive criticism instead of negative nay-saying.

It takes a lot for me to become dissatisfied with a show, or worse, to stop watching it altogether. Usually it's caused by dramatic changes to the casting &/or style of the show, which affects the main reason/s I enjoy the show in the first place. For example, I stopped watching The X-Files when Mulder left, because it greatly changed the cast chemistry.

It's similar with SGA; the removal of Beckett (who also happens to be my favourite) & Weir, changed the team's dynamics & chemistry too much. I own all 5 seasons of SGA & have watched them all, but I didn't enjoy the show nearly as much from Sunday onwards. Especially because Carson/Paul's removal was inexplicably negative & unnecessary for the actor, the character, the show & the fans.

That aside, SGA is a great show overall. Though, it would've been even greater if it had been allowed to continue as an ensemble show, rather than mostly concentrating more & more on only a couple of the main characters. If that had been remedied, & if Beckett had been reintegrated back into the show more, season 6 would've rocked.

Feel the love.
              dolfyn.
              Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

For a really long time I liked watching Ghost Whispererererer, but then
                Spoiler:
                they Killed Jim and had him high-jack Sams body! I stopped watching! Now I call it the "Jump the Shark Whispererere"r

There is just so much that a viewer can/will take before I/you looooooooooooze the enjoyment of watching a tv show. I know I stopped enjoying the fifth season after The Shrine because of Keller and the *shudder* the hooking up of Rodney and the one character I loath. Total killjoy of the enjoyment for me.

I enjoyed 93 and a half episodes of SGA. But those few episodes that I consider real stinkers left a really bad taste in my mouth.
                Last edited by fumblesmcstupid; 28 April 2010, 09:18 PM.
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Lose*

Sorry but it drives me mad when people say loose when they mean lose!

Comment

*sigh*

I don't kneed to be tolled wen i mizpel a werd like yur mi tetcher. It comz off sounding reelly pertentious. sew If youz dont like my speling then scrll down.

Comment

Maybe we should create a thread called Has the English language gone downhill? .
                      As a pedant on the subject, my resounding answer would be "YES!".

Feel the love.
                      dolfyn.
                      Dr. Carson Beckett: The Heart of Atlantis

Comment

I think I'd need to watch School House Rock some more!

I must say again yes SGA went downhill and hit a brick wall. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          You're silly! I like to ***** and complain...

Nah, the reason I asked, was because I hear people ocasionally talking about how everything changed in season X, or went down hill from episode Y.
                          I never really understood that. To me, as you just said, they made excellent episodes right up to the end. Some episodes were better than others, and I'm sure that I can find one or two that were out right bad if I think long enough, but that's unavoidable with the American way of producing television, as opposed to the British for example.

I didn't necessarily agree with some of the cast changes they made. I liked Beckett, but then again I also really enjoyed Keller. Same thing with Weir. Without her being writtn out, we wouldn't have had the awesome all inspiring SAM as a commander (She seriously rocked!) But as much as I enjoyed her, having Woolsey take over added some interesting dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                            For a really long time I liked watching Ghost Whispererererer, but then
                            Spoiler:
                            they Killed Jim and had him high-jack Sams body! I stopped watching! Now I call it the "Jump the Shark Whispererere"r

There is just so much that a viewer can/will take before I/you looooooooooooze the enjoyment of watching a tv show. I know I stopped enjoying the fifth season after The Shrine because of Keller and the *shudder* the hooking up of Rodney and the one character I loath. Total killjoy of the enjoyment for me.

I enjoyed 93 and a half episodes of SGA. But those few episodes that I consider real stinkers left a really bad taste in my mouth.
                            Wow, you enjoyed literally 93% of the show, that is really good. Myself, I'm about 95/100!

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
                            You're silly! I like to ***** and complain...

Nah, the reason I asked, was because I hear people ocasionally talking about how everything changed in season X, or went down hill from episode Y.
                            I never really understood that. To me, as you just said, they made excellent episodes right up to the end. Some episodes were better than others, and I'm sure that I can find one or two that were out right bad if I think long enough, but that's unavoidable with the American way of producing television, as opposed to the British for example.

I didn't necessarily agree with some of the cast changes they made. I liked Beckett, but then again I also really enjoyed Keller. Same thing with Weir. Without her being writtn out, we wouldn't have had the awesome all inspiring SAM as a commander (She seriously rocked!) But as much as I enjoyed her, having Woolsey take over added some interesting dynamics.
                            I don't get it either. Towards the end there was more than an amazing ep here and there. There was an abundance of really good eps. Season 5 had at least about 8 or 9 really excellent/epic eps. With some stinkers but every shows has their stinkers, would not call it going down hill.
                            sigpic

Comment

One of my problems with the series was the lack of character development. Nobody seemed to be developing or changing as the time passed. It was as if the writers were using the same character outlines they started season 1 with. It's always hard for a show to climb uphill if the characters are all weighed down by the lack of personality development.
                              sigpic

Comment

When things get too epic and dire, the shows tend to get too dark for me. I like mostly the early beginnings and that initial vulnerability, and of course the world building. First seasons were great. Yea, season 5 had a lot of great episodes, I was pretty shocked and surprised that it was cancelled. I thought "just when things were getting good." And BAM cancellation.

Comment

Working...
                                X