Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - Will there be a Movie?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
    I think Jason Momoa in particular has never believed it will happen. Just like David Hewlett. I got the impression that Joe Flanigan was a little bit more hopeful but I think even he has written it off by now. Let's face it even the most optimistic cast member would be pissed off by the whole situation by now. The only person that still believes it will happen one day is Joe Mallozzi. I think somebody should put him out of his misery. Come to that, I wish they'd put us out of our misery and tell us one way or another.
    I have been searching for links to see if the stargate atlantis movie is coming up soon but so far nothing.
    but i was reading the interview with joe flannigan and it does not look good.
    even when i heard it was finished i ran through the net in search of links and the producer's blogs nothing i dont think they ever had the idea of putting a movie out there.

this most be the year of crap shows god knows when we will get the good stuff again.

Comment

I read an article a few days ago that said in an interview with Jason Momoa that it looks like there's a strong possibility it'll be canceled due to funding and directing issues. They're looking to confirm with a few more people to see if this is indeed true but suspicions are high.

Comment

I think that it will really depend on how well SGU does. If they are able to parlay SGU S1 into S2, then they should have a better idea if it is even financially feasible to do an SGA movie in the next 12 months.

So everyone should hope for SGU to be successful and that the overall economy picks up.
        sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

If the movie happens it happens. If it dies it dies. I just want to see more official word than an actor at a con. No offense but these actors are the last to be told what is going on with a project. MGM is on the verge of bankruptcy, so this movie not being green-lighted may be the smallest of the Stargate franchise's problems.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            If the movie happens it happens. If it dies it dies. I just want to see more official word than an actor at a con. No offense but these actors are the last to be told what is going on with a project. MGM is on the verge of bankruptcy, so this movie not being green-lighted may be the smallest of the Stargate franchise's problems.
            I don't agree, i think the stargate franchise will survive MGM's bankruptcy; in fact MGM's bankruptcy might be what this franchise needs in order to reach its full potential - big screen movies.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
              I don't agree, i think the stargate franchise will survive MGM's bankruptcy; in fact MGM's bankruptcy might be what this franchise needs in order to reach its full potential - big screen movies.
              Unless MGM, or whoever might own the rights to the franchise in the future agree some sort of deal with Delvin & Emmerich, this will never happen. There's some kind of clause that gives them first dips so to speak on a theatrical Stargate movie, so as things stand either their Stargate films get made or none do.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                I believe DH said the same thing in a very nice and yet still honest post a couple of months ago: Stargate De-briefings

Then there was this post we were talking about before the thread blew up (I think it's okay to re-post this because it's news):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=110820

Someone posted this to JM's blog and asked if it was his script that was being novelized, but he didn't answer, not that he's in a position to, anyway. I personally am giving up. I do hope that we get official word, though, I think that's only fair.
                yep the movie is gone IMHO, but then i don't really think TPTBG were overly excited about it anyway. (based on their comments denigrating both sg1 and sga since then.)

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                Dam its been ages now since we have heard anything on both Movies, and if they don't pick it up soon then the actors will loose interest and movie onto newer and bigger projects.

Although now that SGU has finished shooting, maybe they can FINALLY start the Atlantis movie?
                JM has already moved on to an HBO show...Game of thrones.
                Last edited by Rac80; 26 October 2009, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Considering actors/actresses need to be contracted before something can be made to avoid conflicts I'd put a little stock in something they say. Something to also keep in mind is MGM Inc owns the content and is owned by several companies a mix of private/public so it's not so easy to tell if their financially in the toilet or not all you can do is read between the lines.

I also feel as long as the TV show exists it's doubtful additional movies adding on to the original movie done by Delvin & Emmerich will ever occur.

Comment

Twitter from David Hewlett:
                    @dhewlett Stargate:Extinction is on my imdb listing...where did that come from...and when do I start? ;-) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm...
                    sigpic

Comment

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I think we should have figured out at this point that all the "Is there going to be a movie?" discussions that fans can have lead nowhere. If there were a reliable announcement about it, it would be covered as news.

Best to assume "no movie" until there is an announcement that there is a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          Twitter from David Hewlett:
                          @dhewlett Stargate:Extinction is on my imdb listing...where did that come from...and when do I start? ;-) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm...
                          How odd, the actors seem to know little!

Comment

i thought one of the actors had posted on their blog, there was going to be a movie. with tood in
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                              I think we should have figured out at this point that all the "Is there going to be a movie?" discussions that fans can have lead nowhere. If there were a reliable announcement about it, it would be covered as news.

Best to assume "no movie" until there is an announcement that there is a movie.
                              they won't ever come right out and say...no movie... it will be hedged and hinted at...so I will say it... I would be shocked (shocked I tell you!) if there is a movie.

Comment

As much as it pains me to say it, there probably won't be a movie. They're just going to keep on anoying us by concentrating on Sexgate Universe. Just so you know, I'm still VERY ANGRY about Atlantis being cancelled.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X