This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
    SGA is pretty much done, just be happy we got 5 series out of it, some shows dont even get that.
    I reckon that's the long and short of it. I can't help but feel (and please, don't pounce on me before you consider what I say)... I can't help but feel that an SGA movie might devalue the SGU brand as the target demographic is a bit different. SG-1 might actually add to the brand though, especially if it handles some of the backstory.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
      Stargate Atlantis has been cancelled. They are planning on a Stargate Atlantis movie (Extinction) for DVD. But...God knows when that's gonna happen.
      as long as the set are intact...there is hope...

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
        SGA is pretty much done, just be happy we got 5 series out of it, some shows dont even get that.

Not quite done . . . there has been a movie written but it remains unclear if it will ever be made. And someone pointed out a thread yesterday where it was announced that some SGA books taking place right after Enemy at the Gate have been commissioned for release next year. I don't scour the Atlantis threads so I can't point to a thread where this info was posted.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
          as long as the set are intact...there is hope...
          I'm not sure about that. That's why leiasky was wondering about the other SGA movie thread- there was news that the SGA movie is going to be turned into a novel instead, but now the thread is gone. Anyway, I hope they do tell us one way or the other soon.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            Not quite done . . . there has been a movie written but it remains unclear if it will ever be made. And someone pointed out a thread yesterday where it was announced that some SGA books taking place right after Enemy at the Gate have been commissioned for release next year. I don't scour the Atlantis threads so I can't point to a thread where this info was posted.
            I know about the film, i just dont think SGA has much of a future long term wise, i dont really see them doing much else with the series after the film. However as with all sci fi it will live on in fan fiction forever.
            sigpic

Comment

Never say never. One big part of the reason they cancelled SGA is for SGU. If SGU is a great succes, it could turn back in enough fundings to keep both SGA and SGU running at the same time. Series have been cancelled and revived before.

Today, i saw the last episode of Stargate Atlantis(DVd's took a while to get here). And their is just a real big wide open gap remaining here. Atlantis is stranded on earth! awesome. How are they gonna get back? How are they gonna get new ZPM's? How will they establish a new Base of Operations in Pegasus to get these ZPM's? Enough stuff for a new season!

I still got my hopes up. you never know

Its ! He is watching you!!

Comment

Originally posted by theta123 View Post
                Never say never. One big part of the reason they cancelled SGA is for SGU. If SGU is a great succes, it could turn back in enough fundings to keep both SGA and SGU running at the same time.
                Nope. BW has said they don't have the creative energy to run both shows together.
                Series have been cancelled and revived before.
                While this is true it is very very rare.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by AlonNt View Post
                  Is SGA going to come back someday? I mean, it kinda ended in the middle of things..

sorry for posing this and not searching first.
                  If SGU fails, they will bring back SGA.....................um not really.

LOL, sorry could not resist.

According to the latest reports from SyFy, when MGM gets their F'ing act together they will be more than happy to air SGA movies that will then be released on DVD. So the adventure will continue once they fire the rest of the *BEEP* execs from MGM and get the company back on it's feet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you think SGA's continuation depends on SGU's success?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      No.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          I found it.

Stargate Atlantis: The Return

I don't know how official that is, Stargate books are supposed to be consistent with canon but they've never really been canon before. Someone posted this on Joe's blog a couple of days ago but he didn't respond. This person did say there is no movie.
                          Last edited by VSS; 23 October 2009, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, because it will help keep the franchise strong. Take a music artist like say Bon Jovi who is releasing a new album in a couple of weeks. The album is meant to appeal to old fans since they are going back to their roots while trying to change things a tad to find new fans. SGU is the same way. New fans might want to pick up SGA and SG-1 DVDs, that will help the DVD market for those shows. If I am wrong then call Mr. Jon Bon Jovi who has sold over 125 Million albums. Same goes for a TV franchise. Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane has his 3rd series now, and all three are doing well. They all feed off eachother's success, why wouldn't SGA and SG-1 feed off of SGU success?
                            sigpic

Comment

There will not be another SGA series for at least 30+ years. They might do a remake then.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Yes, because it will help keep the franchise strong. Take a music artist like say Bon Jovi who is releasing a new album in a couple of weeks. The album is meant to appeal to old fans since they are going back to their roots while trying to change things a tad to find new fans. SGU is the same way. New fans might want to pick up SGA and SG-1 DVDs, that will help the DVD market for those shows. If I am wrong then call Mr. Jon Bon Jovi who has sold over 125 Million albums. Same goes for a TV franchise. Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane has his 3rd series now, and all three are doing well. They all feed off eachother's success, why wouldn't SGA and SG-1 feed off of SGU success?
                                Ah, see this is what I thought. So I suppose the fans hating and refusing to watch SGU could actually ruin the chance for future SG1/SGA movies?

Comment

Working...
                                X