Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel Does Not And Never Has Trained With Ray Park!! Who Started This Foolish Rumor?

Comment

I really don't see how one can complain about character development with Teyla. Of all the season 1 characters she's the only one that comes to mind that had essentially an entire episode dedicated to bringing out her specific backstory. The only one that's received a comperable amount of development for me really is Wier.

I don't really understand the boring complaints either. While it's true she's not a barrel of laughs comedian like Jack O'neill or Shep or McKay not every character has to be like that, the show would be stupid if that were the case. Despite that though I did pick up on a sort of subtle sense of humor that she was developing in the later episodes. It was very subtle but it was there.

I also don't really get why everyone keeps harping on about her hair. This isn't the first thread I've seen it brought up in and it baffles me. Seriously what's the deal? Her hair doesn't look especially bad to me in any way and her costuming, what's wrong with that? At the start I'd actually say her costuming was a fair sight better than the silly jumpsuits they had many of the other cast members dressed in if you want to talk artistic merits.

Comment

2Bam, your allegation has been dealt with in the thread you started for it (why exactly did you start a new thread for it in a different sub-forum when you already said the same thing here?).

I for one, hope that Rachel training with Park means Teyla will get the much-needed character development. I agree with the remarks regarding the costuming (as a female former martial arts student, I just about threw a fit when I saw that). As I've said in other threads, it's nice to see a practical martial art (not to mention a very effective one) in the Stargate universe. I haven't given up on Teyla, there's still a whole season to develop her.
        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Daniel: Oh! You see?
        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I for one am glad to see that the show has made a very significant effort towards having quality martial arts. In terms of martial arts on TV there is a huge dispairity of quality. Chuck Norris was a very good competitive martial artist. Walker texas ranger was a really poor excuse for martial arts on TV. Buffy set the precedent for female characters that kick butt. But they still had to rely on camera tricks in some fight scenes (you ever notice sometimes the camera jiggles for no aparent reason during combat?). Alias has followed the same route camera work to disguise slow fight scenes and extreme lack of correography. I'm hoping with Ray and a commitment from the show they can incorporate it in to be something more than a shoddy excuse for martial arts. I appreciate that it is hard to film and make it look real. But I'd rather see none then something I could have done better in my backyard with a buddy. Ray's good, I have faith in him. I'm looking forward to what they have for us in season 2. I'm hoping for more Kali, but I'll take Wushu if it's all I can get.
          ~Teddy
          "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Ray is cool (also was great as Toad in X-Men 1 and his small part in Ballistic Ecks vs Sever)...would be cool if they could get him to be in an ep of the show, lol. If just to have his character and Teyla go at it.
            The Lexa Doig Escape

Cause Lexa Doig rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by AshViper
              Ray is cool (also was great as Toad in X-Men 1 and his small part in Ballistic Ecks vs Sever)...would be cool if they could get him to be in an ep of the show, lol. If just to have his character and Teyla go at it.
              Also in Sleepy hollow for some of the fight scenes. Man is sick wicked good with Wushu stuff he can really sell martial arts combat for camera I'm stoked about this. I honestly would have preffered more of the Kali angle, but I'll take wushu over nothing. But then Park might just be in for correography so Rachel can train in selling martial arts stuff for camera. We'll see what happens I'm looking forward to whatever they have her do. And I have to agree with Hex, the outfit has to go. I mean come on, we know she's hot they could find better ways to show it than in that goffy looking thing.
              ~Teddy
              "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

Comment

Actually didn't know he worked onSleepy Hollow (oh yeah I call myself a fan, lol...even worse I like that movie).

I have to agree he does seem to have the right touch to make things look so very real on camera. Hopefully that'll pay off.
                The Lexa Doig Escape

Cause Lexa Doig rocks!

Comment

Rachel does not, and never did end up training with Ray Park. She was offered to train with him very graciously, but the training never happened. Rachel continues to train with the stunt team on Atlantis as she did in Season 1. I can verify this as I am the Stunt Coordinator on the show. Thanx for watching.

Comment

Gah!!!!!!! Is this true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, according to 2Bam its not. Drat!

How cool would it be if she turned all darth Maul on us!
                    Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                      Gah!!!!!!! Is this true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man, according to 2Bam its not. Drat!

How cool would it be if she turned all darth Maul on us!
                      Good as Ray is, it's really nice to see Arnis. If we had to give up Arnis in order to get Darth Maul it wouldn't be worth it. That's just my opinion so it's not worth a dime, but I'm biased because I'd rather see combat than aerials. I'm not knocking wushu, lord knows I'm not good enough at that kind of stuff to do it. But yeah, fillipino stuff, much cooler in context. Thanks again 2BAM even though I've said it a few times in different places now.
                      ~Teddy

Comment

Working...
                      X