Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get your SGA fix these days ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post

LJ = LiveJournal. I've changed this in the original post now
    Thanks for that, but sorry I still dont really know what that is, dont really do that much on the internet.
    Atlantis Rocks

sigpic SGA the right people in the right place

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      You just let your muse guide you, and if there happens to be any Kate just point me in the right direction (even if you kill her, doesn't matter).
      Okay, I'll see what I can do. I'll give you heads up when it's online, okay?

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
      But I can't share at the mo as ff.net is broken *sigh*
      Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
      Argh, i know the feeling. Rodney's getting a serious mental whump in my latest series and with the website down i can't post the latest part
      It's baaaaaaaack! But yeah, I'd wanted to see if I could add some stories to my C2 and it wouldn't let me
      I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
      I will never accept defeat.
      I will never quit.
      I will never leave a fallen comrade.
      ------
      "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis Rocks View Post
        Thanks for that, but sorry I still dont really know what that is, dont really do that much on the internet.
        It's a blog provider that gives you the basics for creating and writing your blog without needing your own server or lots of CSS programming skills. This is mine for example.
        I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
        I will never accept defeat.
        I will never quit.
        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
        ------
        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
          It's a blog provider that gives you the basics for creating and writing your blog without needing your own server or lots of CSS programming skills. This is mine for example.
          Thanks for that, I'm not internet savvy, don’t really want to be either to be honest only really started to find out anything about forums, blogs an stupid twitters "ha ha"( boy do I think these are so stupid “ha ha” )at the beginning of the year, when I tried to find out what had happen to SGA. Its all quite interesting if its your thing so to speak, but for me this is about as in depth as I get " ha ha" an once we know either way about the SGA movie on off thing, I kinda guess the novelty will wear off real quick " ha ha" Sadly I’m just one those that are hanging around waiting ANY SGA info. But then I am a suck in the mud boring old fart “ ha ha”.
          Atlantis Rocks

Comment

Do you keep rewatching old eps or have you only come to the fandom recently - at the end?

I watched SGA from the beginning. I loved the mythology of Atlantis that was the basis for the show and the fact they were going to be on a base in and exploring another galaxy. I also liked that both Weir and McKay from SG-1 were going to part of it. I felt an instant connection to the show. As time went on it was the characters and the chemistry/interaction between the characters that got me totally hooked.

Now I watch the eps on SyFy (the cable channel formerly known as Sci Fi). It works for me because the eps are now showing at 5pm where I am and I am in the kitchen cooking dinner at that time. Since I have a perfect view of the TV I can enjoy SGA. I will sometimes catch the eps that are playing in syndication, It’s funny, but I rarely watch the show on my DVD’s, and I have all 5 seasons.

Do you read or write fanfic?

Sometimes I read a fanfic. If I am looking for a fan fic to read, which is about once every other month, I look for something that sticks to canon and is true to the characters as they were portrayed in the show. I dislike the fanfics that take the story or characters in non- canon directions.

Do you hang out here to discuss episodes and lament that it's all over?

I visit GW a lot, but I really only post is if I have something worthwhile I want to say or something I want to share. I don’t mind a discussion – but I am not into the friendly chitchat/banter that permeates many threads.

Sometimes I get frustrated with the tone of posts on GW so I avoid it for a while, but I do come back because it is still a great site to find out news and info about SGA/actors and on occasion join in the discussion. Today I have a lot of free time on my hands so there are likely to be quite a few posts from me today.

Do I lament?
            Yes, I have lamented that SGA was cancelled. I try not to let that define me or be the only thing I post about. I don’t have to include a comment in every post that I miss SGA.

Do you make avatars/sigs/art and enter the contests over on LiveJournal?

Nope, no avatars, no sig, no LJ, no facebook, no contrests – no time, no desire.

Or perhaps you've found yourself drifting away from fandom to focus on something that's still alive?

I am drifting away from the franchise, not from SGA. I am still hoping there is a movie and I’m reading the SGA novels. I am enjoying several new shows but for me they don’t have that special spark that made SGA so special.

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
              Okay, I'll see what I can do. I'll give you heads up when it's online, okay?
              Okidoki.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Do you keep rewatching old eps or have you only come to the fandom recently - at the end?

Yes often, and a fan since the begining of SGA, never really got into SG1 in any real shape.

Yes an no, but I only mainly read Sheppard fic as thats my fav charactor.

No not until recently as its pointless excerise an just makes you really upset at whats happend an how it happended an it makes you miss the show ever more, just desperate for movie news an keep hoping that a miracle happens an they back track annouce a new season. Not that I think they will but I can keep hoping cant I, stranger things have happened as Atlantis is the best show, well I think so anyway.

No

Or perhaps you've found yourself drifting away from fandom to focus on something that's still alive?

Yes difinatley, theres little to keep me around as Atlantis is the only show I like or watch an I only buy stuff Atlantis related, like the DVDs, an the books, so once I have all the books/DVDs the only thing left to get will be the movie hopefully an then theres nothing left for me, so no real need to bother. Hopefully I'll still be able to get calanders an stuff like that next year but yeah I guess thats it then. Really hoping that some new sci fi or even fanatsay type stuff comes along soon, so always on the look out forsomething new, but yet havent really found anything to mirror the Atlantis feel, or spark.

Comment

1) No I stopped watching my boxsets as its to depressing watchin them anymore because I know there's no new stuff coming, I'm sure that will change as time goes on because I still miss SGA but right now no.

2) Again no dont read any fan fic an not creative enough to write any of my own.

3) No dont entre into debates over the how or whys because I end up getting really narked about the whole thing.

4) No to that one as well.

5) Not into the franchise just liked the show, but now with no more SGA or even SG1, yes I guess so.
                  Atlantis is the best, the one an only Stargate

Comment

I hear the books are quite interesting, so i might give them a try and hope there will be some good news soon, about the movie.
                    Spoiler:
                    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                    (YEAR 0 - 100)
                    "O thou Sun,
                    send me as far over the earth
                    as is my pleasure and thine,
                    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                    but never hear anything of bad ones,
                    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                      I hear the books are quite interesting, so i might give them a try and hope there will be some good news soon, about the movie.
                      You really should they are really, really good well IMHO anyway, read most of then now bar 3 that are out of print, still trying to get them though. An there are another 3 due later this year. Not the same as watching though, but its a way to get new some stories, they are for the most part well written an in some case FAR better stories that some of the filler episodes the " creative team" came up with.

My fav are Blood Ties an Mirror Mirror but to be honest all that I have read so far are really good an havent disapointed me, so I'm really looking forward to the next three, Oct hopfully is the next two due, Dead End & The Internal Darkness then Dec for Brimstone well according to Amazon UK but they keep changing the date which is annoying, Brimstone should have been July Just had another email alert that another one is due early next year so already preordered cant remember the name. But it doesnt matter to me, as soon I get an alert I go " must have" an pre order
                      Atlantis Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I'll go with your questions:

I rarely watch any old eps .. though I've never really been a fan of rewatching old stuff.. much prefer to get new stuff to discuss..

Don't write but used to read quite a lot... now hardly read any at all as its become as bad as the show... way too much Rodney, McShep or Keller stuff out there ... and the vast majority of it doesnt intererst me..occasionally I happen upon a great team fic.. or a Ronon/Shep... Shep/Teyla or any other combination besides Shep/McKay or Keller/anyone..

Mostly just to keep in touch with friends and see if there is any news on the SGA movie... though I'm also torn as to whether I even want to see a movie and half of me fears that it will just be an extention of season 5 and more bland and boring characterization...
                        I still didnt welcome the cancellation at all and really hoped that the PTB would pull their creative socks up and use some of the potential of the amazing cast... There were issues with all of the seasons.. season one seemed the best because it was before the ptb butchered the characters but season 2 was dismal for me and I only hung in there because I had come to love the characters so much.. it was what they brought to their characters that held my attention and not the writing they were given.. though I had a huge issue with Weir in the early seasons.. she was another Keller IMO... badly written and not believable in the role at all ..so season four was probably my fav season.. but the lack of direction and loss of interest in the characters was already beginning to manifest and season 5 was a pretty dismal ending to what could have been a great show..

Do you make avatars/sigs/art and enter the LJ contests?
                        Used to but not anymore...didn't enter competitions except for the Fan choice for Blu Ray where I came second place...

I'm defnitley drifting away and if there isnt an SGA movie then I'll be gone.. but I havnt any other show I'm interested in.. SGA was my first step into fandom and most likely my last..
                        sigpic

Comment

1) Do you keep rewatching old eps or have you only come to the fandom recently - at the end?

I came into the fandom around June of 2007--caught a few eppies of S3 randomly on Sci-Fi (when it was SCI-FI) and then a few more S2 episodes in syndication on a local network, and then Universal HD started replaying S1. I got hooked watching The Storm and The Eye two-parter. Once I saw that, I couldn't wait any longer and went out and bought all 3 seasons on DVD.

Ironically, though, Elizabeth became my favorite character--and right as I became a super fan, I discovered she'd been downsized to recurring, then non-existent.

So now, I go back and watch episodes I enjoy from S1-3, but I had a hard time with the last two seasons. I watched S4 to see how things would develop, but didn't enjoy it as much and so did not watch S5.

Some. I don't have a lot of time to read or write for fun anymore, which is kinda sad. But I'm a 'canon' follower more than a 'fanon' follower, and I get a little uncomfortable with the stuff that's extreme. I do enjoy good stories that are told well (written well) or things that have good characterization.

Not so much that it's over. On occasion discussing why some elements had to change. But I do enjoy discussing episodes and fun stuff in the C&R threads.

No. I do Graphics IRL, so I try to stay away from Photoshop in my spare time.

I'm a multiple 'fandom' fan, though I've never been a die-hard fan--not a con goer or someone who's wholly absorbed in one thing. I enjoy discussing stuff that's done well. Stargate was more fun than a marvel to watch, but there were some things that were pretty great. In particular, I enjoyed how some of the characters were written and portrayed. The actors seemed to enjoy what they did and kept them entertaining while not clownish. With a sci-fi show like this, where you're dealing with wormholes and weird life-sucking aliens, it can go campy/cheesy really quickly, but SGA (and SG-1) understood it's own humor, embraced it, and still sought reality at times between the extremes.

It was fun to watch. I'm just sorry that, for me, it changed away from what I enjoyed most.

I didn't want it cancelled, however. Not watching was my personal choice because of the changes made, but I do feel badly for the fans who continued to enjoy it, as well as the production staff. Working for a TV network, I know how hard life is for behind-the-scenes crew, so I hope they've all been recruited to Universe.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Do you keep re-watching old episodes, or have you come to the fandom recently or at the end?
                            I saw Stargate on opening day all those years ago. Then watched the pilot of SG-1, HATED it, But then in the 4th season my mom got me watching. WE both could not WAIT for SGA. We both watched all the way to the horrible end.

I am dsyslexic so I am not EVEN going to attempt to write.

I read so much, I think I have carpal tunnel in my eyes.

Do you hang out in forums and discuss episodes and lament that it is over?

Everyday I come here, give my $10 dollars worth and talk to my friends. So yep!

Do you make avatars/art/sigs over at LJ's?

Nope!
                            *laughs* I just learned how to cut and paste a few weeks ago....(I am AWESOME)...

Perhaps you found yourself drifting away from the fandom to something that is still alive?

Yes and no. I don't watch the SGA eps that much anymore ( I have 1-4 on DVD and I am just too lazy to go get them to watch) plus the 5th season left me feeling annoyed and bitter about so many things that I find it hard to want to watch.

SG-1 is on SY-FY *eyeroll* everyday and I watch most of it.

I haven't found a new fandom yet..but I'm looking!
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I re watch the episodes,read the novels and magazine. ermmm..i have temepted to write fanfic i have a page and that is it and i was going to make mini episodes of Stargate Atlantis using the sims 2 and call it simgate Atlantis but ca't do that as my computer died . I cosplay at conventions always as SGA Personel.Working on a costume and it's almost complete. I also sometimes draw Stargate Atlantis pictures and i my computer is all Atlantis like too. Wallpaper is a sort of main screen and i have the spinning logo screen saver and i also have a simulator.

I'm still geting my Atlantis fix

LONG LIVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!
                              GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Re watching is all i can do, besides waiting for the movie.
                                I am a doctor on a ship, and watching SGA was one of the few things i could do with my laptop... and really enjoy myself.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X