Funniest Atlantis moments? S1-S5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite moments are in my sig.

Love SGA, funniest sci-fi show i've seen.

Thats what i miss more than the new storylines etc. the weekly comedy moments of the team. I doubt Universe will have much comedy in it, with good reason, its a different show.
    Last edited by SG-ME; 30 September 2009, 01:11 AM.
    Duet

"... because of Doctor Fumbles McStupid over here!"

Conversion
    "Enjoy the ride Colonel their making me walk."
    "You've got a splinter Rodney!"

Comment

Just remembered this one:

Condemned

When John, Teyla and Ronon are going to ambush the bad guys.
      Teyal picks up a branch and snaps it in two on her knee
      Sheppard see this and picks up a slightly thicker branch and hits it off his knee, it dosen't break, and it hurts alot, the expression on his face is priceless

Gets me every time
      Duet

Conversion

Comment

Here's mine it's in Harmony.

Rodney: Hey-hey-hey-hey, how come i always get stuck being the babbysitter?

Sheppard:You wanna check out the Beast?

Rodney: No. no, I'm good here.

Totally hilarious!

Gate Ranger
        sigpic
        God Bless America

Comment

Mine was in Sunday ( i know that episode wansn't funny)

when Ronon was trying to get out of learing to play Golf.

Ronon: You know, uh, John, I've got mission reports too.

Sheppard: Nice try.It's gonna be fun.

it was priceless.

G.T.
          sigpic

Comment

Any moment that Rodney is in.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

the funniest to me are the ones with Todd. like when Todd did that wraith hand shake with Sam. see wraith have humor ! and in 'enemy at the gates' i think it is where Woosley is talking to todd and todd does this lil 'Meh' sound. it just cracked me up

sigpic

Comment

SEASON 3 - EP 4
                SATEDA
                --------------------------
                ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. Rodney, dressed in hospital whites, is lying face down on a bed with a canula in his nose feeding him oxygen. He is staring off to the side dopily.

McKAY (slurred): So many colours. All the pretty horses.

WEIR: What's he talking about?

BECKETT: I gave him some morphine for the pain.

(A soldier stands at the head of Rodney's bed. He never gets named [unless in the closing credits, which I didn't see] so I will just have to call him “Major” in this transcript. He leans down and talks sternly to Rodney.)

MAJOR: I need to know how many villagers. How far is the Gate from the village?

(Rodney raises his head and looks up at him blearily.)

McKAY (slurred): Have you seen a guy around? He looks like you, but he's got messy hair. I think I lost him somewhere. And ... and a ... and a pretty girl and a caveman. (He grins at the major.)

BECKETT: I may have given him a wee bit too much, but he was making it impossible for me to treat him.

MAJOR: Snap out of it, McKay! It's important!

(Rodney, taking no notice of him, is fiddling with his nose and the canula.)

MAJOR: Come on! What kind of weapons did they have?

BECKETT: I'd say something that shoots arrows is a good guess.

McKAY: Excuse me. Why am I lying here?

BECKETT: You have an arrow, Rodney, in your gluteus maximus.

McKAY: Oh. Well, that sounds painful. (He puts his head back down on the bed and sighs contentedly.) Gluteus maximus. (Slurring, almost singing) Glootus ... maaxim ... (He turns his head drowsily, still speaking calmly.) Oh my God! That's my ass, isn't it?!

BECKETT: Aye.

----------------------------------------------
                later in the eposide
                ATLANTIS. LAB. John comes in and looks around.

SHEPPARD: McKay?

McKAY (offscreen): I'm here.

(John looks in the direction Rodney's voice came from, then looks down and walks over to where Rodney is lying on his stomach on the floor with his laptop and various other bits of equipment also on the floor.)

McKAY: You know, you really don't appreciate the simple things in life. Like ...

(John sits down cross-legged on the floor beside him.)

McKAY: ... sitting.

SHEPPARD: I don't envy you. It must be a real pain in the ass.

(Rodney rolls his eyes.)

McKAY: Oh. How long d'you work on that?

SHEPPARD: Longer than I care to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_the_Atlantean View Post
                  SEASON 3 - EP 4
                  SATEDA
                  --------------------------
                  ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. Rodney, dressed in hospital whites, is lying face down on a bed with a canula in his nose feeding him oxygen. He is staring off to the side dopily.

McKAY (slurred): So many colours. All the pretty horses.

WEIR: What's he talking about?

BECKETT: I gave him some morphine for the pain.

(A soldier stands at the head of Rodney's bed. He never gets named [unless in the closing credits, which I didn't see] so I will just have to call him “Major” in this transcript. He leans down and talks sternly to Rodney.)

MAJOR: I need to know how many villagers. How far is the Gate from the village?

(Rodney raises his head and looks up at him blearily.)

McKAY (slurred): Have you seen a guy around? He looks like you, but he's got messy hair. I think I lost him somewhere. And ... and a ... and a pretty girl and a caveman. (He grins at the major.)

BECKETT: I may have given him a wee bit too much, but he was making it impossible for me to treat him.

MAJOR: Snap out of it, McKay! It's important!

(Rodney, taking no notice of him, is fiddling with his nose and the canula.)

MAJOR: Come on! What kind of weapons did they have?

BECKETT: I'd say something that shoots arrows is a good guess.

McKAY: Excuse me. Why am I lying here?

BECKETT: You have an arrow, Rodney, in your gluteus maximus.

McKAY: Oh. Well, that sounds painful. (He puts his head back down on the bed and sighs contentedly.) Gluteus maximus. (Slurring, almost singing) Glootus ... maaxim ... (He turns his head drowsily, still speaking calmly.) Oh my God! That's my ass, isn't it?!

BECKETT: Aye.

later in the eposide
                  ATLANTIS. LAB. John comes in and looks around.

SHEPPARD: McKay?

McKAY (offscreen): I'm here.

(John looks in the direction Rodney's voice came from, then looks down and walks over to where Rodney is lying on his stomach on the floor with his laptop and various other bits of equipment also on the floor.)

McKAY: You know, you really don't appreciate the simple things in life. Like ...

(John sits down cross-legged on the floor beside him.)

McKAY: ... sitting.

SHEPPARD: I don't envy you. It must be a real pain in the ass.

(Rodney rolls his eyes.)

McKAY: Oh. How long d'you work on that?

SHEPPARD: Longer than I care to admit.
                  I thought that was funny, but the first one just felt forced to me... especially the Morphine induced pretty horses. (As someone who's been on Morphine, you do not hallucinate.)

I do wonder... How often was the scar referenced later? I remember once Ronon and Rodney arguing. Something like

Ronon: I think all they might have are bows and arrows.

Rodney: Arrows hurt!

Ronon: Only if you're stupid enough to get shot in the ass!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-ME View Post
                    Just remembered this one:

Condemned

When John, Teyla and Ronon are going to ambush the bad guys.
                    Teyal picks up a branch and snaps it in two on her knee
                    Sheppard see this and picks up a slightly thicker branch and hits it off his knee, it dosen't break, and it hurts alot, the expression on his face is priceless

Gets me every time
                    LOL, That was an epically funny moment. B/c i could definitely see myself doing what Sheppard did

Comment

One part that got me was when, in the final episode, Big Ro was brought back to life by a wraith and John sees him on the ground, gives him a hand and says "Come On, Chewee". HaHa!

Comment

A favorite funny moment of mine is from Echoes:

McKAY: Uh, it’s the whale. I named him -- after Sam ... antha Carter. Personal reasons.

SHEPPARD: You named him after Samantha Carter?!

McKAY (defensively): Well, Sam’s a boy’s name too.

(John bites back a smile.)

WEIR: And how d’you know he’s a he?

McKAY: Oh, because I cross-referenced the renderings in the database with the whale outside and, you’ll see ... (he types on the tablet to pull up a new image to show to her) ... the males have a rather prominent ...

WEIR (quickly): Oh, it’s OK, never mind. I’ll take your word for it.

It was subtle humor – it was both verbal & visual but I think it was the expressions on the characters faces that made it funny. It also played to the characters strengths and personalities. The timing of the lines was great. McKay the scientist blithely going ahead with his intended description of the male whale, Weir looking like “don’t want to go there” and Sheppard may have been the best of all – he didn't say much but the look on his face was priceless.

Comment

Watch for the faces JF makes when he's in a scene but he's not really the focus of what's going on...one that springs to mind (but try as I might I cannot come up with the title of the ep. Sorry.) is when the team is sitting around the table and the focus is on the people talking on the far side of the table and Sheppard takes a swig of some coffee-like beverage and then pulls a face at the taste. He screws up his lips, sticks his tongue out, looks down into the cup, and then puts in on the table and pushes it away a bit, all while the exposition continues in the rest of the scene. A lots of his silent reactions to situations and things that others say are just hysterical...

Comment

It might not be as humorous as the others but I liked Critical Mass where Ronon planned on torturing the guy and he passed out. I liked the game where McKay's avatar was angry over gifts of citrus.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
                              Watch for the faces JF makes when he's in a scene but he's not really the focus of what's going on...one that springs to mind (but try as I might I cannot come up with the title of the ep. Sorry.) is when the team is sitting around the table and the focus is on the people talking on the far side of the table and Sheppard takes a swig of some coffee-like beverage and then pulls a face at the taste. He screws up his lips, sticks his tongue out, looks down into the cup, and then puts in on the table and pushes it away a bit, all while the exposition continues in the rest of the scene. A lots of his silent reactions to situations and things that others say are just hysterical...
                              Anyone know this ep??

I would like to see it, sounds funny.
                              Duet

Conversion

Comment

Nah the only people i found funny in SG-A was McKay and the 1 or 2 episodes O'Neill was in

Comment

Working...
                                X