Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did TPTB focus on McKay (and McKeller) destroy Stargate Atlantis in your opinion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post

I hope you all got my point...
    Seeing as Rodney destroyed a solar system... I certainly wouldn't give him any wood.

And more on topic: I've been lurking for a while and uh... yes, focussing on McKay did destroy Atlantis for me, because like many others here, I missed seeing development in Sheppard, Ronon and Teyla and I don't see any of the appeal of McKeller. Maybe I would, if it would have been written properly but it simply wasn't. Others have pointed out why that was the case so I won't go on repeating it.

I also felt absolutely insulted by the suggestion to read fanfic if I didn't like what was happening on screen (and I'm saying this as someone who has written tons of SGA stories and has over 50% of her SGA Fanfic100 claim written and posted), for the same reason Aragon101 named. It's not a good thing that a lot of SGA fanfiction is way better than what happened on screen, most of all in Season 5, darnit.
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

I always thought fanfic was used to right things that *you* as a viewer felt was wrong.

I.E.

Fred getting killed in the D.H
      Catherine getting Killed in Beauty and the Beast
      Ignoring Seven of Nine
      Hooking up people *YOU want together
      and so forth.

It is the job of the writers to develop a character and a plot line to it's fullest and not say as a cop out "Oh it happened OFF SCREEN" that IS a huge insult to a fandom to say that *WE* don't get to watch the stuff happen! *grumble* That is the whole POINT of watching a TV show! to WATCH it!!

I enjoy watching 99% of the characters on Atlantis (minus Keller) and It should be fair for ALL the characters (minus Keller) to be developed...*grumble* fine her too. To not just be a cardboard cut out! and the writers were not all that keen on giving any other character *ANY* kind of depth! Hell Lorne never got a first name, Chuck never got a last name.

Atlantis is an ensemble show, but by the 5th season it was the McKay...Keller love fest thanks to Martin Gero and Joe Mollozie!

Fanific should be just that FAN not, *OMG I can do so much better that the writers*

I have read fanfic that puts the SGA writers to shame, done by teenage girls.

Keller and the obsession with her character was the downfall for SGA, not just Rodney and the horrible attempt at a *shudder* romantic pair done by Gero and Mollazie for only their enjoyment. It sure as hell it wasn't done for mine!
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Hard to vote... the thing is that Gero, et al loved to write for McKay, and often, it was at the expense of the other characters. I love McKay, but the McKay-Keller stuff was a certain writer living vicariously through McKay... *cough*

By the time the series ended, i think I knew everything about McKay except hsi social security number (or whatever they have in Canada) whereas it took til the series nearly ended to get any info on Sheppard. Sigh...

Whereas I love SGA, there are aspects I didn't like at all - mostly how the writers were far too complacent in scripting, and indulging in the McKeller stuff. If the actors hadn't been so enjoyable to watch, I might have bailed.

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
          I don't think pure numbers can sum it all up, but that's beside the point.
          Hence why I mentioned that one can do with them what they like, as long as one respects the craziness that accomplished it.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          ...but having the same amount of screentime doesnt equate to development and decent writing...
          Exactly.

Quantity doesn't equate quality.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Well if she posts the word count you'll see the difference, just how much more dialogue McKay got compared to everyone else.
            I did... but let me give you a quick behind-the-scenes on words (in case you didn't want to waste precious downloadbytes on the zip-file):

Spoiler:

JF/JS
            100/100 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            3/100 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 4's episode Trio. And it happens again in season 5 where he has 2 episodes with less than 100 words (Tracker & Brainstorm).
            28/100 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Rising in season 1, 4 others follow in that season (Childhood's End, Underground, The Defiant One & Sanctuary). 7 more in season 2 (Condemned, Aurora, The Lost Boys, Epiphany, The Tower, Coup d'Etat & Inferno). 4 episodes in season 3 (Irresistable, Phantoms, The Ark & Vengeance). 8 in season 4 (Adrift, Lifeline, Travelers, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd, Harmony, Outcast & The Last Man). And 4 more in season 5 (The Daedalus Variations, Inquisition, Infection & Enemy At The Gate).

100 episodes gave him a grand total of 79,829 words.

//**//

TH/EW
            68/100 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            9/68 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 2's episode Instinct and again in The Tower. 2 more in season 3 (Sateda & Irresponsible). As a recurring guest in season 4 she adds 2 more episodes to that list (Be All My Sins Remember'd & Spoils Of War). And 3 episodes with flashbacks in season 5 make the grand total (Ghost In The Machine, Outsiders & Inquisition).
            6/68 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Rising in season 1, 2 others follow in that season (Hide & Seek & Before I Sleep). 2 more in season 2 (Critical Mass & The Long Goodbye). And 1 episode in season 3 (First Strike). After that no episode will exceed the 1000-word count again.

68 episodes gave her a grand total of 34,730 words.

//**//

AT/SC - joined the cast in season 4 (no records previous to her arrival)
            20/40 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            5/20 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 4's episode Outcast. However she doesn't appear in 6 episodes of season 4 and thus there are no words that need to be counted (Travelers, Missing, Miller's Crossing, This Mortal Coil, Spoils Of War & Harmony). As a recurring character she manages to gain 4 more episodes in season 5 with less than 100 words each (The Seed, The Queen, Outsiders, Inquisition & Enemy At The Gate).
            2/20 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Seed in season 4, Trio follows in that same season. After that no episode will exceed the 1000-word count again.

20 episodes gave her a grand total of 8,104 words.

//**//

RL/TE
            90/100 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            17/90 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 1's episode The Defiant One, Before I Sleep and The Brotherhood follow suit. While The Siege I closes the line in season 1. No season 2 episode below 100 words, except for Grace Under Pressure in which she doesn't appear so no words to count. Season 3 starts with No Man's Land, after which 5 more episodes follow in its tracks (The Real World, McKay & Mrs. Miller, The Return II, Tao Of Rodney & First Strike). Lifeline kicks off season 4, Travelers making it two. However she doesn't appear/or has no lines in 5 episodes so no words to count (Miller's Crossing, Harmony, Outcast, Trio & The Last Man). Ghost In The Machine is the first one in season 5 where she has barely anything to say. The trend continues with 4 more episodes (First Contact, Remnants, Identity & Enemy At The Gate). However, she doesn't appear in 4 episodes so no words to count (Whispers, Tracker, Brainstorm & Vegas).
            3/90 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Gift in season 1. The next one doesn't appear until season 4's Missing, and another one in season 5 (The Queen).

90 episodes gave her a grand total of 26,845 words.

//**//

RSF/AF
            29/80 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            8/29 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 1's episode Poisoning The Well and it happens again in Before I Sleep and The Siege II. As a recurring character in season 2 he pulls in 2 more episodes (The Intruder & Conversion). There's a flashback in season 3's Vengeance. And two more flash appearances in season 5 (Search & Rescue & Inquisition).
            0/29 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count - he never exceeds this virtual line.

29 episodes gave him a grand total of 7,007 words.

//**//

JM/RD - joins the cast in season 2 (records start the moment he appears in the opening credits in 204 - Duet)

72/80 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            25/72 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 2's episode Duet, 3 more episodes follow in his first season on the show (Critical Mass, The Tower & Allies). He doesn't appear in Grace Under Pressure so no words to count. Season 3’s Misbegotten continues the line, followed by 8 more in this season (Irresistable, The Real World, McKay & Mrs. Miller, Phantoms, The Return I, The Return II, Tao Of Rodney & First Strike). In season 4 he starts with Travelers, 6 follow (Missing, The Seer, Miller’s Crossing, The Kindred I & II & The Last Man). He doesn’t appear in Harmony and Trio so no words to count. In season 5 Ghost In The Machine kicks off what will be the record of nothing to say, 5 more follow (First Contact, Inquisition, Remnants, Brainstorm & Identity). He doesn’t appear in Whispers and Vegas.
            0/72 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count - he never exceeds this virtual line.

72 episodes gave him a grand total of 13,068 words.

//**//

PM/CB – joins the cast in season 2 (no records previous to this season – recording starts from Duet onwards)
            38/50 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            8/38 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 2's episode Trinity, and then again in The Lost Boys. He doesn't appear in Condemned, Aurora or Grace Under Pressure so no words to count. There’s only one episode in season 3 where he has less than 100 words, which is Vengeance in which he appears in a flashback. In this same season he doesn’t appear in 6 episodes (No Man’s Land, Progeny, McKay & Mrs. Miller, The Game, Submersion & First Strike). As a recurring character in season 4 he has two episodes with less than 100 words, Spoils of War & The Kindred I. He’s still recurring in season 5 in which he has 3 episodes with less than 100 words (The Queen, Inquisition & Enemy At The Gate).
            3/38 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count – The first time he exceeds the 1000 words is in season 2’s Conversion. None in season 3. The Kindred II in season 4 and Outsiders in season 5.

38 episodes gave him a grand total of 15,618 words.

//**//

JS/JK - joins the cast in season 5 (records start in season 4 due to a discussion on time and words between Teyla & Keller)
            28/33 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            5/33 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 4's episode Lifeline and then again in Be All My Sins Remember’d. In season 5 as a regular it continues with Outsiders, Vegas & Enemy At The Gate. She doesn’t appear in 5 episodes (The Daedalus Variations, Ghost In The Machine, Whispers, Inquisition & Prodigal).
            4/33 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count – The first time she does so is still as a recurring character in season 4’s Missing, and again in Trio. As a regular in season 5 she goes beyond the 1000 words in The Shrine and Brainstorm.

28 episodes gave her a grand total of 13,845 words.

//**//

RP/RW – joins the cast in season 5 (no records previous to this season)
            14/20 episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
            1/14 episodes where he has less than 100 words, Search & Rescue in season 5 being the only one. He doesn’t appear in 6 episodes (The Daedalus Variations, Whispers, The Queen, Tracker, Outsiders & Brainstorm).
            3/14 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count – The Seed, Inquisition & Remnants exceed the 1000 words.

14 episodes gave him a grand total of 7,782 words.

//**//

DH/RM
            3/100 episodes where he has less than 100 words. We have to wait until the season 4 episode Missing for him to go below the 100 word count, and has exactly 100 words in Outsiders. Again exactly 100 words in season 5’s Whispers.
            51/100 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count, which starts with Hide & Seek in season 1, 10 episodes follow in this season (Childhood’s End, Home, The Storm, The Defiant One, Hot Zone, Sanctuary, Before I Sleep, The Brotherhood, Letters From Pegasus & The Siege I). In season 2 The Intruder is the first episode to exceed the 1000-word count, 8 episodes follow in its wake (Runner, Duet, Aurora, The Hive, Epiphany, Critical Mass, The Tower & Inferno). Progeny kicks off season 3, after which the season closes with 10 more episodes (Phantoms, The Return I & II, Echoes, The Game, The Ark, Sunday, Submersion, Vengeance & First Strike). Onto season 4 where we have 9 more episodes (Adrift, Lifeline, Doppelganger, Tabula Rasa, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember’d, Spoils Of War, Quarantine & Harmony). In season 5 he exceeds the 1000-word count 11 times (Search & Rescue, Ghost In The Machine, The Shrine, Tracker, First Contact, Outsiders, The Prodigal, Remnants, Infection, Identity & Vegas).
            7/100 episodes where he exceeds the 2000-word count – He’s the only one to exceed this count on several occasions, starting with Trinity in season 2, and followed by Grace Under Pressure in the same season. Miller’s Crossing, Trio & The Last Man in season 4. The Daedalus Variations & Brainstorm in season 5 close the ranks.
            2/100 episodes where he exceeds the 3000-word count – He’s the only one to exceed this count, with McKay & Mrs. Miller and Tao Of Rodney in season 3.

100 episodes gave him a grand total of 119,644 words.
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 07 August 2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I did... but let me give you a quick behind-the-scenes on words (in case you didn't want to waste precious downloadbytes on the zip-file):

Spoiler:

JF/JS
              3/100 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 4's episode Trio. And it happens again in season 5 where he has 2 episodes with less than 100 words (Tracker & Brainstorm).
              28/100 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Rising in season 1, 4 others follow in that season (Childhood's End, Underground, The Defiant One & Sanctuary). 7 more in season 2 (Condemned, Aurora, The Lost Boys, Epiphany, The Tower, Coup d'Etat & Inferno). 4 episodes in season 3 (Irresistable, Phantoms, The Ark & Vengeance). 8 in season 4 (Adrift, Lifeline, Travelers, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd, Harmony, Outcast & The Last Man). And 4 more in season 5 (The Daedalus Variations, Inquisition, Infection & Enemy At The Gate).

//**//

TH/EW
              9/68 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 2's episode Instinct and again in The Tower. 2 more in season 3 (Sateda & Irresponsible). As a recurring guest in season 4 she adds 2 more episodes to that list (Be All My Sins Remember'd & Spoils Of War). And 3 episodes with flashbacks in season 5 make the grand total (Ghost In The Machine, Outsiders & Inquisition).
              6/68 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Rising in season 1, 2 others follow in that season (Hide & Seek & Before I Sleep). 2 more in season 2 (Critical Mass & The Long Goodbye). And 1 episode in season 3 (First Strike). After that no episode will exceed the 1000-word count again.

//**//

5/20 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 4's episode Outcast. However she doesn't appear in 6 episodes of season 4 and thus there are no words that need to be counted (Travelers, Missing, Miller's Crossing, This Mortal Coil, Spoils Of War & Harmony). As a recurring character she manages to gain 4 more episodes in season 5 with less than 100 words each (The Seed, The Queen, Outsiders, Inquisition & Enemy At The Gate).
              2/20 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Seed in season 4, Trio follows in that same season. After that no episode will exceed the 1000-word count again.

//**//

RL/TE
              17/90 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 1's episode The Defiant One, Before I Sleep and The Brotherhood follow suit. While The Siege I closes the line in season 1. No season 2 episode below 100 words, except for Grace Under Pressure in which she doesn't appear so no words to count. Season 3 starts with No Man's Land, after which 5 more episodes follow in its tracks (The Real World, McKay & Mrs. Miller, The Return II, Tao Of Rodney & First Strike). Lifeline kicks off season 4, Travelers making it two. However she doesn't appear/or has no lines in 5 episodes so no words to count (Miller's Crossing, Harmony, Outcast, Trio & The Last Man). Ghost In The Machine is the first one in season 5 where she has barely anything to say. The trend continues with 4 more episodes (First Contact, Remnants, Identity & Enemy At The Gate). However, she doesn't appear in 4 episodes so no words to count (Whispers, Tracker, Brainstorm & Vegas).
              3/90 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count - which occurs the first time in The Gift in season 1. The next one doesn't appear until season 4's Missing, and another one in season 5 (The Queen).

//**//

RSF/AF
              8/29 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 1's episode Poisoning The Well and it happens again in Before I Sleep and The Siege II. As a recurring character in season 2 he pulls in 2 more episodes (The Intruder & Conversion). There's a flashback in season 3's Vengeance. And two more flash appearances in season 5 (Search & Rescue & Inquisition).
              0/29 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count - he never exceeds this virtual line.

//**//

JM/RD - joins the cast in season 2 (records start the moment he appears in the opening credits in 204 - Duet)

25/72 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 2's episode Duet, 3 more episodes follow in his first season on the show (Critical Mass, The Tower & Allies). He doesn't appear in Grace Under Pressure so no words to count. Season 3’s Misbegotten continues the line, followed by 8 more in this season (Irresistable, The Real World, McKay & Mrs. Miller, Phantoms, The Return I, The Return II, Tao Of Rodney & First Strike). In season 4 he starts with Travelers, 6 follow (Missing, The Seer, Miller’s Crossing, The Kindred I & II & The Last Man). He doesn’t appear in Harmony and Trio so no words to count. In season 5 Ghost In The Machine kicks off what will be the record of nothing to say, 5 more follow (First Contact, Inquisition, Remnants, Brainstorm & Identity). He doesn’t appear in Whispers and Vegas.
              0/72 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count - he never exceeds this virtual line.

//**//

PM/CB – joins the cast in season 2 (no records previous to this season – recording starts from Duet onwards)
              8/38 episodes where he has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 2's episode Trinity, and then again in The Lost Boys. He doesn't appear in Condemned, Aurora or Grace Under Pressure so no words to count. There’s only one episode in season 3 where he has less than 100 words, which is Vengeance in which he appears in a flashback. In this same season he doesn’t appear in 6 episodes (No Man’s Land, Progeny, McKay & Mrs. Miller, The Game, Submersion & First Strike). As a recurring character in season 4 he has two episodes with less than 100 words, Spoils of War & The Kindred I. He’s still recurring in season 5 in which he has 3 episodes with less than 100 words (The Queen, Inquisition & Enemy At The Gate).
              3/38 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count – The first time he exceeds the 1000 words is in season 2’s Conversion. None in season 3. The Kindred II in season 4 and Outsiders in season 5.

//**//

JS/JK - joins the cast in season 5 (records start in season 4 due to a discussion on time and words between Teyla & Keller)
              5/33 episodes where she has less than 100 words, which first occurs in season 4's episode Lifeline and then again in Be All My Sins Remember’d. In season 5 as a regular it continues with Outsiders, Vegas & Enemy At The Gate. She doesn’t appear in 5 episodes (The Daedalus Variations, Ghost In The Machine, Whispers, Inquisition & Prodigal).
              4/33 episodes where she exceeds the 1000-word count – The first time she does so is still as a recurring character in season 4’s Missing, and again in Trio. As a regular in season 5 she goes beyond the 1000 words in The Shrine and Brainstorm.

//**//

1/14 episodes where he has less than 100 words, Search & Rescue in season 5 being the only one. He doesn’t appear in 6 episodes (The Daedalus Variations, Whispers, The Queen, Tracker, Outsiders & Brainstorm).
              3/14 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count – The Seed, Inquisition & Remnants exceed the 1000 words.

//**//

DH/RM
              3/100 episodes where he has less than 100 words. We have to wait until the season 4 episode Missing for him to go below the 100 word count, and has exactly 100 words in Outsiders. Again exactly 100 words in season 5’s Whispers.
              51/100 episodes where he exceeds the 1000-word count, which starts with Hide & Seek in season 1, 10 episodes follow in this season (Childhood’s End, Home, The Storm, The Defiant One, Hot Zone, Sanctuary, Before I Sleep, The Brotherhood, Letters From Pegasus & The Siege I). In season 2 The Intruder is the first episode to exceed the 1000-word count, 8 episodes follow in its wake (Runner, Duet, Aurora, The Hive, Epiphany, Critical Mass, The Tower & Inferno). Progeny kicks off season 3, after which the season closes with 10 more episodes (Phantoms, The Return I & II, Echoes, The Game, The Ark, Sunday, Submersion, Vengeance & First Strike). Onto season 4 where we have 9 more episodes (Adrift, Lifeline, Doppelganger, Tabula Rasa, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember’d, Spoils Of War, Quarantine & Harmony). In season 5 he exceeds the 1000-word count 11 times (Search & Rescue, Ghost In The Machine, The Shrine, Tracker, First Contact, Outsiders, The Prodigal, Remnants, Infection, Identity & Vegas).
              7/100 episodes where he exceeds the 2000-word count – He’s the only one to exceed this count on several occasions, starting with Trinity in season 2, and followed by Grace Under Pressure in the same season. Miller’s Crossing, Trio & The Last Man in season 4. The Daedalus Variations & Brainstorm in season 5 close the ranks.
              2/100 episodes where he exceeds the 3000-word count – He’s the only one to exceed this count, with McKay & Mrs. Miller and Tao Of Rodney in season 3.

I'd say that's the end all argument, but i know it's not going to end there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                I'd say that's the end all argument, but i know it's not going to end there.
                It will never end...

Comment

Well for the question about the focus on Rodney..I'd say yes. Nail in the coffin.

As for Keller ......McKay that debate will never end! For me it did ruin Atlantis.

Not wanting to watch the yuckyness had me NOT wanting to watch certain episodes!

Comment

Whoa, Rodney sure talks a lot Blah blah blah

I suppose that means that we can now answer the question like this

Do you like McKay and/or McKeller? If you do, the answer's NO << just me
                    Do you dislike McKay and/or McKeller? If so, the answer's YES << seemingly every one else in this whole thread (most of the other McKay/McKeller lovers are too scared to post/come here because of the negativity)

You can drop the fanfic thing now too... I get it. Okay?
                    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Spoiler:

JF/JS

//**//

TH/EW

//**//

//**//

RL/TE

//**//

RSF/AF

//**//

//**//

//**//

//**//

//**//

DH/RM

One minor nitpick, dearheart, and you're going to hate me, but you started the stats for Jason/Ronon after his opening ep of Runner. You started with his second ep, Duet.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Hard to vote... the thing is that Gero, et al loved to write for McKay, and often, it was at the expense of the other characters. I love McKay, but the McKay-Keller stuff was a certain writer living vicariously through McKay... *cough*
                        Oh, how I hate this mentality. Seriously. Is this what you tell every writer who writes romance?

Or does this only apply when you don't like the story?
                        sigpic

Comment

just add 10 lines to Jason's word count and you'll be fine.

People are *NOT* negative here, just honest. And if the supporters of Rodney and Keller don't show up, well we can't help that now can we?

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                            Do you dislike McKay and/or McKeller? If so, the answer's YES << seemingly every one else in this whole thread (most of the other McKay/McKeller lovers are too scared to post/come here because of the negativity)
                            No, hun. Most people just realise that this isn't so much a discussion anymore.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              No, hun. Most people just realise that this isn't so much a discussion anymore.
                              My personal issue is that i'm frustrated that my favorite characters were set aside in favor of McKay.

That does NOT mean i don't like McKay. Hell i can understand Gero's love affair with writing for him since it's awesome.

That's just it. a show with one awesome character doesn't attract me as much as a show with 4 above average characters. That doesn't mean i don't like McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
                                My personal issue is that i'm frustrated that my favorite characters were set aside in favor of McKay.

That does NOT mean i don't like McKay. Hell i can understand Gero's love affair with writing for him since it's awesome.

That's just it. a show with one awesome character doesn't attract me as much as a show with 4 above average characters. That doesn't mean i don't like McKay.
                                And that's completely valid. I would even agree to an extent.

But I personally don't come to this thread anymore ('cause I did in the beginning) because there isn't much room for discussion. Those who think the McKay/Keller destroyed season 5 of Atlantis do so pretty unequivocally and that's not conducive to a discussion. At least not one where both sides of the argument are heard.

Just my opinion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X