Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The writers were not very kind to their stated favorite character.

One episode he was a good shot, the next couldn't hit the barn he was standing in front of.

TPTW made Rodney seem schizophrenic and WAAY Ooc, so I never KNEW what Rodney was capable of doing from episode to episode.

You create a template for a character and you stick to it!

These writers have the memories of goldfish when it comes to character development.
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
      The writers were not very kind to their stated favorite character.

One episode he was a good shot, the next couldn't hit the barn he was standing in front of.

TPTW made Rodney seem schizophrenic and WAAY Ooc, so I never KNEW what Rodney was capable of doing from episode to episode.

You create a template for a character and you stick to it!

These writers have the memories of goldfish when it comes to character development.
      Hey stop insulting those poor goldfish

It wasn't just Rodney that suffered from this...S5 was pretty much all over the place
      sigpic

Comment

I So completely, utterly, with every beat of my heart totally agree!!!!
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
          McKay was often written very differently from episode to episode and i always hated it when his character was reduced to the bumbling fool for the sole purpose of being laughed at.
          I completely agree. Carl Binder and Rob Cooper were terrible writers for McKay. They liked to make him look like an idiot. Binder was the worst. His obsession with Ronan usually made McKay look stupid to make Ronan look better (check out Quarantine and Tracker for examples).

Rodney's skills as a fighter were scizophrenic(sp) as well. Throughout the 3rd and 4th seasons, he always had a P90 and was decent at using it. By the end of the 5th season, he seemed to go on missions unarmed. In the Enemy at the Gate, he's part of a 4 person team invading a Wraith Ship and doesn't even have a tac vest. Someone asked Mallozzi and Mullie about this on Mallozzi's blog and neither one could give a decent explanation.
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X