This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about "Aurora"

I just re-watched the episodes and this question popped into my mind after Sheppard asked for the communiqué, and the captain said its gone now...why not ask where they got it from? Well if they got it from a outpost that was doing reseach on it, it could still be there?

doubtful but never know, thats not a bad thought.

and what i dont understand is why this info wasnt known by the whole crew? the ancients didnt seem like the secretive type to me, and i highly doubt they had a problem with spys or anything.

SO why wouldnt the whole crew know exactly what the wraith weakness was?

I mean i have a feeling it was all just a big tease to make the episode work and feel more important but it would be nice to have this revisited in a movie somewhere

Comment

I always got the impression that that was an element programed into the virtual reality world by the wraith so as to keep the crew working on improving hyperdrive. Remember the wraith also programed the world so that the crew no longer knew they were in stasis. So bottom line is that the communique never really existed.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperZ View Post
        I always got the impression that that was an element programed into the virtual reality world by the wraith so as to keep the crew working on improving hyperdrive. Remember the wraith also programed the world so that the crew no longer knew they were in stasis. So bottom line is that the communique never really existed.
        making them work on the iperdrive, the wraith would be able to understand how to improve hives' hyperdrive, and I think that hyperdrive's short-range was the secret (not so secret, by the way) weakness of the wraiths...
        sigpic
        Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperZ View Post
          you're probaly right but if it did exist as if the captain did"nt know what was on it

Comment

Could have been a fake weakness made up by the wraith.

Comment

what i dont get is why didnt the ancients grab all the humans they could leave pegasus, for a few hundred years let the wraith dye off then hybernate, then come back and destroy all wraith... Hell CONDUCT THE WAR OUTSIDE PEGASUS. build the ships and prepare crews outside pegasus, the wraith would weaken from not having food... yes it be difficult to evacuate everyone at once, but get as many as possibly leave send warships in pick up more people leave, send warships in getm ore people leave. if anything they would of won over time.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I think the main idea of the plot was to introduce a ship. To show that the ancients had really cool warships, also to show what they look like. But they didn't want an episode without the wraith so they added in a little bit of wraith. Although i'm the sort of person that likes the technology part of stargate i know plenty of people that don't like that part only only watch for the battles.

I like both.

Comment

I am 100% sure the Ancients had planned to return to Pegasus in force but the plague got them.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSullivan View Post
                    I just re-watched the episodes and this question popped into my mind after Sheppard asked for the communiqué, and the captain said its gone now...why not ask where they got it from? Well if they got it from a outpost that was doing reseach on it, it could still be there?
                    Maybe the weekness is the hyperdrive issue caused by the Attero device in season 5's "First Contact" and "The Lost Tribe". Janus was very secretive.
                    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                      I am 100% sure the Ancients had planned to return to Pegasus in force but the plague got them.
                      The plague was the reason the Ancients left Milky Way, not Pegasus.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

By the time the Ancients left Atlantis there very few of them and most of them didn't care about the fate of Pegasus. All they really cared about was Ascension.
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        This message was brought to you by:
                        The Church of Origin
                        Murdering unbelievers since 10 000 000 BC
                        -----------------------------------------------

Comment

I believe the Aurora descovered the cloning facility from 'Spoils of War' and realised that by destroying it they could cripple the Wraiths' military forces.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          This message was brought to you by:
                          The Church of Origin
                          Murdering unbelievers since 10 000 000 BC
                          -----------------------------------------------

Comment

I am guessing that the only reason that sheppard didn't ask where they got it was because then they would have been able to defeat the wraith. the writers didn't want it
                            ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

Working...
                            X