Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So both movies have been delayed to next year? That's terrible news.

Comment

Originally posted by sinderg View Post
      looking forward to seeing what the command structure will be after a few months with Atlantis on earth.

I cant see a reason why Sheppard would still be based on atlantis since the military would put someone high up incharge, guess he would go back to SG command or maybe his own ship.
      I can see why McKay would still be working there. Hes still working on the Atlanis systems.
      Dont see why the rest of the command structure in atlantis would stay. Richard Woolsey wouldnt be needed since he would be better suited for a IOA job.
      Teyla and Ronon must have gone back to the pegasus galaxy to help back home.

I can see the begining being like the end of 'The Return (part 1)' where everyones doing other things then they hear somthing big is going down somewhere and are reunited.
      If not then i can see it being like 'Babylon 5: Thirdspace' where somthing happens which happens between seasons in the past between random eps.

I think we're all hoping Atlantis doesn't stay on Earth that long
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I think we're all hoping Atlantis doesn't stay on Earth that long
        Well, not all. 'Most' is probably a better word...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          That depends, are you a girl? Because people have been talking.

Given how much focus no matter how hard I want it not to be there I know their will be some McKeller. But I can handle it in small amount. Like Infection for example
          I plead the fifth

You're a better person than me then cause I can't handle it at all

That part in Infection almost ruined the ep for me
          sigpic

Comment

Stargate: Atlantis: Extinction doesn't have the same ring to it.

So what's going extinct? The Wraith?

Comment

Small update:

Today, the SGA movie script, Stargate: Extinction, went out to the writing department. No one has gotten around to reading it yet but I imagine it’s just a matter of time before the accolades start rolling in.

---

O6untouchable writes: “[...] 4. The other ZPM from “The Return” went to the Odyssey. Between the Asgard Core and the fact that the Ori aren’t a threat anymore, did the ZPM get removed at some point? Was it depleted during “The Ark of Truth”, or is it still alive and kicking somewhere?”

Answers: [...] 4. More on exactly what is up with the Odyssey upcoming.

O6untouchable also writes: “On a Movie-related note… you’ve already hinted that an Earth Battlecruiser might crop up in Universe somewhere, but what about the Atlantis and SG-1 movies? Are we going to find out what happened to the Sun Tzu, or see the Apollo and/or Daedalus again? (My girlfriend is particularly eager for more Caldwell!) And what about the Odyssey – will we ever find out what that secret mission was, or was that just an excuse to write her out so that she didn’t kick Hive Ship ass before Atlantis got there?”

Answer: Several of these ships will be making future appearances in the, uh, Stargate franchise.

Rachael writes: “ With the changes in the writer’s room in the past few months, I was wondering a) which writers were in the room for spinning the story for the movie, and b) if there were writers there at the time who are no longer on the SG writing team, would their departure affect the storyline at all (eg can’t use their ideas any more)?”

Answer: Back in November, Paul and I spun a general idea of what we wanted the SGA movie to be with Brad and Robert. Then, Paul and I went off and worked on the outline, pitching it back and forth between us until we had a pretty solid template. Paul wrote the first sixty pages and I wrote the last forty, although we did tweak one another’s passes.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ring-cleaning/

Don't know if that first two questions relate to the movie, but just in case.

Comment

I invite folks to re-read the first post and the ground rules for the thread.

the topic of the thread is the movie.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow. Someone has the hots for Caldwell. Who would have thought?

Comment

Small update:

So, today in broad strokes:

[...]

Stargate Extinction = Still unread.

---

Ruffles writes: “1. The Stargate movies have identified themselves with the franchise (Stargate: Extinction, Stargate: Continuum) instead of with their specific show (SG-1, Atlantis). Is that an attempt to reach a larger audience? [...]”

Answers: 1. Nope. I just think that Stargate: Extinction sounds better than Stargate Atlantis: Extinction. Also, it’s in keeping with the titles of the preceding movies. [...]

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...amakethisfast/

Comment

Exactly what I said.

Comment

I think 'STARAGTE: EXTINCTION" will be about the over-running Pegasus & how without Altantis in Pegasus the people o of that galaxy are at the mercy if the Wraith & how Earth itself may be threatened because Altantis isn't there to help out?

Then again, it's only a working title & may change....

Comment

You might be right about that. There's no logical reason for them to take Atlantis back. If they want to do that, they'll need something extraordinary to happen--a problem that can't be solved with Earth's ships. Personally, I wish they wouldn't take Atlantis back. I think the 'small galaxy' idea was overly limiting, but I know I'm in a minority.

Comment

Update!

Heard word back on the Stargate Atlantis movie script from two fronts – creative and business – and both responses were overwhelmingly positive. Some confusion (not surprised given the complexity of the story), so we’ll make a point to streamline and clarify in the next draft. Some great preliminary notes from Carl who missed two reunion scenes (looking over the script, I tend to agree) and likes the idea of including a quiet scene for “these two characters”, even going so far as to pitch out a version I liked a lot. Also received a casting suggestion that would turf the unknown Koenig in favor of someone a little more familiar. Discussions on the brass tacks of the production upcoming in June and with it, I’m hoping, finally, production dates.

---

Rose writes: “- will there be a romantic scene for teyla and john in the movie?

- will there be scenes on earth and in US-towns?”

Answers: 1. As I responded to similar questions in the past, it’s very tough to have a romantic scene with John and Teyla so long as Kanaan is around. Are you suggesting he watch the baby while his wife goes out on a date? Maybe they’re Athosian swingers?

2. There will be scenes on Earth.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/

Comment

Well the SGA movie is going to happen, with the name extinction we can venture a guess as to the plot of the movie. Hope its Wraith related, because is the only way to end the series with as it should end, with the destruction of the Wraith and free Pegasus.

This is my theory as to the plot of the future movie

The story goes that the IOA has decided that Atlantis will remain on Earth so for politics and defence of Earth. But the crew doesnt want to leave the humans on Pegasus to fight the wraith alone.

Meanwhile a powerfull Wraith, with the absence of Todd has succesfully gain control over the alliance fleet of hive ships of Todd and has destroyed opposing wraith and without Atlantis to oppose him he reings supreme on Pegasus culling planets bringing the human race on Pegasus to the brink of Extincion.

Learning of these events by a transmision of one of the wraith still loyal to Todd the SGA team pushes the IOA to let Atlantis leave and help out in Pegasus but the IOA denies, so they decide to steal Atlantis.

Atlantis arrives to Pegasus, the team finds that things are worse, the new Alliance of planets was decimated, only the Genii and a handfull remain that can fight the Wraith. In mounting a offensive Atlantis see that there is no way to defeat the new Wraith fleet. To make things worse they discover that the hiveships are being retrofited with hyperdrives allowing them to reach the Milky Way. The fleet will be ready in a week.

In desperation the Atlantis team try to find the rougue Asgard for help, After and Extensive search they find them and after making a deal that will help both sides a big offensive is coordinated with the remaining humans, Asgard and Atlantis personel. A Final strike to end the Wraith or be ended by the Wraith.

A fleet composed of Atlantis, Travelers, Deadelus (Sent by preasure of the IOA to arrest SGA and bring back Atlantis but after the situation is explained they are ordered to assist and if they succeed they will carry out their last orders) and Asgard ships asemble for the final confrontation, They learn that the wraith fleet is Orbiting a planet where the retrofit is taking place, but this planet has Huge canons powered by ZPMs on the surface. So if the fleet engages the wraith while the canons are operational they will not stand a chance, so it leaves to SGA to infiltrate the command center and deactivate the canons and give the fleet a fighting chance.

SGA along with Todd a other units(Asgard with SG marines) infiltrates the instalation but meets heavy resistance and are delayed, the Atlantis fleet arrives and the battle starts, the canons on the surface fire at the Atlantis fleet causing heavy Damage and the hive ships deploy all their darts. Many allied ships are being destroyed, Atlantis is holding her ground and serves as a shield for the remaining ships to survive the fight.

On the instalation SGA desperately tries to get to the control center where the head Wraith a queen and his personal guard are. They reach the control center, Teyla engages the queen, Ronon, Shepard and Todd go for the head Wraith and his guards, after a huge fight Teyla barely defeats the queen with the help of Rodney and Ronon and Shepard dispatch the guards, meanwhile Todd goes against the head Wraith and fight to the death, Todd is gravely injured while Ronon goes against the head Wraith and only with Sheppards help can they defeat him.

After the fight, Rodney is able to turn the Canons on the wraith hive ships and turn the tide of the battle, the wraith fleet is decimated. Atlantis is badly damaged and barely lands on its new planet.

The IOA arrives to place the team under arrest because of the theft of Atlantis, eventually with some big strings pulled they are not impriosoned and Atlantis is allowed to remain on Pegasus helping the remaining humans get back on their feet and keep exploring Pegasus.

The End

That could be a cool way for the movie to go.....

Comment

Dude, you should have just posted this in the Stargate Extinction Pre Viewing Speculation and eventual spoilers thread. By Skydiver.

Saving the trouble of starting a whole new thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X