Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Spoiler:
    If the writers want him to have done then he did.
    All too true!

Comment

My greatest hope is that the entire cast from Stargate Atlantis will sign on for the movie. Somehow it just wouldn't be the same if even one person is missing.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world
      Those who understand binary
      and those who don't.

Comment

the replicaters are back and get killed off......again

Comment

Oh, thought of another one...

9. The humans in the Pegasus Galaxy are being threatened with extinction (Wraith, miffed Asgaard lost tribe, Michael's misfits, new black hats, whatever). Reluctantly, the IOA sends Atlantis back to stop the annihilation.

Comment

Yes the "Evil Asgard" were very under-used, and just sort of thrown in. So it would be nice to see them again, this soon.
            I suspect that they introduced them to have them play a major part in the next season. The Wraith plotline was clearly winding up and they needed a new BigBad. The Pegasus Asgard would have been a great adversary. I also suspect that the Atlantis movie will be similar to the Ark of Truth in that it will wind up existing storylines that were intended to be addressed in further seasons. While they may leave the Asgard unresolved, I think will see the conclusion of the Wraith plot arc. I hope that we'll see at least something of the Asgard, as well.

Comment

I believe you're right amconway. I feel the same way, that TPTB introduced the Rebel Asgard and even the New Bad Aliens from The Deadalus Variations to continue through following seasons.
              Sure the Wraith plot was slowing down, and getting quieter....but I hope they feel that because the show was canceled they feel as though they need to close the story.
              Unlike SG-1, Atlantis did not end with a HUGE Arc unclosed. Nothing was huge that wan't finshed.
              I hope they don't use this movie to officially close anything.

Comment

Unlike SG-1, Atlantis did not end with a HUGE Arc unclosed. Nothing was huge that wan't finshed.
                That would normally be true, but given the current ecconomic climate, and the difficulties they've had getting these movies going (which is particularly surprising in the case of the SG-1 movie which has a proven track record), if I were them, I wouldn't be making any assumptions about how many more movies there might be. I think each movie, SG-1 and SGA both, will probably be made as though it were the last, even if they're hoping for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallnavy View Post
                  If "Extiction" is about wiping out the Wraith, that this is the END of Stargate Atlantis. There is no fun without them...Hope i'm wrong and nothing will be officially closed.

Comment

If "Extiction" is about wiping out the Wraith, that this is the END of Stargate Atlantis. There is no fun without them...Hope i'm wrong and nothing will be officially closed.
                    Plot arcs have a limited amount of play before the stories run thin and people start looking for something new. On SG-1, that was the case with the Goa'uld, the replicators, and-had the show continued-would have been so with the Ori. We all have our favorite baddies, and it's sad to see them go, but is has to happen eventually. Not saying that's the case right now, but it's the way these things go.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      Plot arcs have a limited amount of play before the stories run thin and people start looking for something new. On SG-1, that was the case with the Goa'uld, the replicators, and-had the show continued-would have been so with the Ori. We all have our favorite baddies, and it's sad to see them go, but is has to happen eventually. Not saying that's the case right now, but it's the way these things go.
                      That is true when you are in TV format like SG-1 but in movie formatt is different as you are way more limitied to how many stories you can tell
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I would really like to see the DV aliens, I think they have great potential if the writers do it right, I think the evil asgard would be good too but lost tribe kinda made them look like chumps (for the last remaining member of the four great races they weren't much of a challenge), another thing that would be kinda cool is if they brought in that alliance of pegasus humans that was introduced in season 5 (can't remember what they're was called), also it would be interesting if in this movie the stargate program was made public. What I really don't want to see is yet another replicator storyline (I think I just figured out the REAL reason they're called replicators), or another 'the wraith are coming to earth' story, if you're going to bring the wraith to the milky way have them hit somewhere besides earth like a jaffa planet (then we get to see hataks fight hives which would be awesome).

Watch the title 'extinction' turn out to be some sick joke about the end of the SGA franchise

Comment

That is true when you are in TV format like SG-1 but in movie formatt is different as you are way more limitied to how many stories you can tell
                          How do you mean? They can do any story they want as long as it's self contained. In fact, there are less restrictions, as they dont have to be able to play it out into a larger arc. Even if they want it to be a villain who's familiar, they have three kicking around to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallnavy View Post
                            Yes the "Evil Asgard" were very under-used, and just sort of thrown in. So it would be nice to see them again, this soon.
                            Another one would be about the aliens we ran into in Deadlaus Varriations(Spell that wrong...sorry )
                            So yep...both things would be nice to be seen.......But it may be something all new......Who knows?
                            It would be great for the Asgard to be included again. however, they could be used to help Atlantis at the 11th hour, but no-one recognises them as they have solved their genetic Degradation problem.....

Comment

I hope that they will finally concentrate on the team again, not on their dating habits. I want to see them blow up stuff and kick butts and have fun and bicker, the way they did in S2-4. Prodigal was my favorite S5 episode and I would like to see a similar storyline for the movie - everybody gets to do what they do best, including Teyla who finally stopped being "just" a mom and kicked butt as she used to in that ep. And I would like to see them move Atlantis back to Pegasus.

So, to sum it up, I would love to see:
                              * John and Rodney bicker again!
                              * Ronon shoot things, being his awesome loyal self!
                              * Teyla being a warrior once more, not just a background fixture!
                              * Woolsey and his awesome leadership skills!

What I would hate to see:
                              * More McKeller dating stuff.
                              * Everybody being partnered up for the sake of them having a lover - Ronon/Amelia? Ugh, no, thank you. I loved Amelia as a fighter, not yet another love interest.

And one thing that I would love to see and that will never happen? I would love to see the Atlantis crew steal Atlantis from Earth and run back to Pegasus, seceding from Earth completely, declaring indepence. The "under the thumb of the IOA" thing was boring. I hate politics

Comment

I would like to see the Evil Asgard and the aliens from "Deadalus Variations" starting a war in the galaxy, with the Wraith taking sides with the Daedalus aliens.

I would also like to see the return of Ford They could atleast bring him back have him cured and sent back to earth XD I must be one of the few people that actualy liked Aiden Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X