Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No since JM has said the movie will not feature the end of the Wraith
    source???
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Comment

He said it on his blog that the Wraith were not going to be in the movie (although Todd would be).
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
        its not just carter or daniel... SGA tainted EVERY person from the SG-1 show that ever appeared on SGA with the exception of Teal'C

they softened carter
        turned daniel into a dweeb
        landry into one hell of a hardass
        etc
        etc
        Oneill pretty much remained the same from SG-1.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
          Oneill pretty much remained the same from SG-1.
          you cant really change jack though can you?
          SG-1 members
          Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by pjp View Post
            you cant really change jack though can you?
            you can have him ascend
            but that's a different thread

back on topic

NO WRAITH IN SGA MOVIE?!?!

if tha'ts true, then TPTB for SGA truly are some of the dumbest people in the world.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

you can have him ascend

back on topic

if tha'ts true, then TPTB for SGA truly are some of the dumbest people in the world.
              JoeM said they weren't going to be the focus of the SGA movie. It's kind of odd, seeing that it's SGA's first movie. You'd think they'd want to include the only real enemy left in the show.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post
                I hope Carter's presence in the SGA movie means a cameo at most. I tuned in for 5 years to watch the SGA characters and that for me doesn't include Carter (she'll always be an SG-1 character for me, she showed up for a while during a season and a couple of episodes in Atlantis, but she has no major place in an SGA movie, IMO). An SGA movie, IMO, should be about John, Rodney, Ronon and Teyla with the support of the other SGA characters (Carson, Radek, Lorne, Todd, Woolsey, Keller).
                I agree. They can get rid of Keller, though.

Carter may be in the SGA movie as commander of the Hammond, though.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

you can have him ascend
                  That horse has been beaten to death.

The Wraith are not the only baddies in the Atlantis galaxy just as the Gou'uld were not the only baddies in the SG-1 galaxy. I like the Wraith but am happy to see some other baddie pop up and threaten the heroes. They can kill off Keller, though Would make some great drama for poor widdle Rodney.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

The first thing I thought when I saw the title extinction was the wraith, but then that's too obvious. It probably has to do with the evil Asgard who are on the brink of extinction.

Perfecto!

Comment

i swear... if we never get cosure to the Wraith i will fly to canada and burninate the entire SG universe...

Comment

i swear... if we never get cosure to the Wraith i will fly to canada and burninate the entire SG universe...
                        Well what do you consider closure? Us wiping them out? Keller perfecting the gene therapy and all of them taking it? I think it's way more realistic if they continue to be a problem, I mean they defeated the Ancients for god's sake.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          Well what do you consider closure? Us wiping them out? Keller perfecting the gene therapy and all of them taking it? I think it's way more realistic if they continue to be a problem, I mean they defeated the Ancients for god's sake.
                          something more than just a deus ex machina propulsion system sending atlantis to earth to stop 1 superhive....

and so what if they beat the ancients?
                          we defeated the ori
                          the replicators
                          and the asurans

oh, and perfected the wormhole drive

all things the ancients couldn't do

Comment

We have no evidence that they perfected the wormhole drive.

Just thought I'd say that.

Comment

ZELENKA: Actually, that's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. (He gestures down to his computer tablet.) This is something that Rodney's been working on for quite some time. It's an adaptation of an Ancient technology which was abandoned because of instability and enormous power requirements.

WOOLSEY: What is it?

ZELENKA: Wormhole drive. It's nearly instantaneous travel across enormous distances. It's not unlike Gate travel itself. (He shows the tablet to Richard.) If it works, it could have us at Earth in a matter of seconds. Now, the calculations are incredibly complex. If we're off even by a fraction ... (he grimaces) ... it could be very bad.
                              Link
                              sigpic

Comment

Irrelevant. Neither the instability nor the power drain were confirmed to be solved when they used it; things can still be used even if there is instability and excessive power drain; it just wouldn't be a very good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X