Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    I wouldn't call them dimwits, but bingo. The ancients downfall was their arrogance more than anything else. Hey, isn't that what led to the fall of the Goa'uld System Lords? Didn't that lead to the Asgard cloning themselves which ultimately lead to their extinction?
    Dimwits is an apt description of their grasp of war. Look at the current state of events. We would have lost WWII (badly) if forced to operate under current rules of engagement, BUT there is no doubt in my mind if facing sufficient threat we would be able to revert our strategy to doing what is necessary. It is possible the ancients simply didn't the "killer instinct" needed to win.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      Logic would indicate the Ancients would be in several (perhaps even dozens) of galaxies over the course of a few million years.
      And they weren't. Logic would also indicate Pegasus Galaxy inhabitants, especially wraith, wouldn't know English either.
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        And they weren't. Logic would also indicate Pegasus Galaxy inhabitants, especially wraith, wouldn't know English either.
        We really don't know about where the ancients are.

Comment

We really don't know about where the ancients are.
          Knowing where they are now wouldn't help explain their past, now would it?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
            Knowing where they are now wouldn't help explain their past, now would it?
            You could ask them.

Comment

You could ask them.
              It still wouldn't answer basic gaps in logic (especially with Daniel and Teyla in the cast)

Comment

An interview from the HalfWay convention that Joe Flanigan did earlier this year. At about 1:21 he talks about the non-existant SGA movie for a minute or so:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  An interview from the HalfWay convention that Joe Flanigan did earlier this year. At about 1:21 he talks about the non-existant SGA movie for a minute or so:
                  I think everyone has figured out TPTB just wanted to kill SGA in favor of their baby (SGU). There is no doubt in my mind there was never a plan to do anything more on SG1 or SGA once SGU started. I seriously doubt they even pushed for sg1 or a movies after SGU was gone.

Comment

I think everyone has figured out TPTB just wanted to kill SGA in favor of their baby (SGU).
                    That's a bit extreme. Likely less wanted to kill and more bored with Atlantis. Did SGA end in favor of SGU? Absolutely. I just can't bring myself to believe it was some devious, malicious act. It was simply a business decision.

There is no doubt in my mind there was never a plan to do anything more on SG1 or SGA once SGU started. I seriously doubt they even pushed for sg1 or a movies after SGU was gone.
                    What about all of the talk since then about proposed scripts? Do you think they just made that up to cover themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      What about all of the talk since then about proposed scripts? Do you think they just made that up to cover themselves?
                      Quite honestly, I wouldn't put it past them.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Quite honestly, I wouldn't put it past them.
                        Or the studio wanted them anyway in case Atlantis turned into a potential cash cow later on.

Comment

I am sure there was no official plans, but the script does exist... So to what level it had moved to was pretty much zero it looks like. It must been a two part season opener that they COULD have used for a movie?

Do no think Joe is making this stuff up as he goes either...
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...lantis-script/
                          www.stitchsloft.com
                          For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                          "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                          www.scifihero.net

Comment

How many pages does that thing he so avidly posted about on his blog really have?

Comment

I have pic of the cover of the script someplace ill try to find it...
                              www.stitchsloft.com
                              For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                              "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                              www.scifihero.net

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                                I have pic of the cover of the script someplace ill try to find it...
                                I repeat, how many pages are there beyond the cover?

Comment

Working...
                                X