Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What projected rate of return?

Comment

Sounds like wishfull thinking to me. I'll believe it when I see it.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

sga season 5 has sold more disks than sgu, people actually like to watch sg1/sga, and the previous movies were cash cows. I would think a company just out of bankruptcy would be looking towards a profitable (at least part of it anyway) franchise to start making some profits. If they get it into their minds that each movies will generate enough profit to "self finance" two or three more movies it will be a go. I think BW is in a very weak position to keep these movies from seeing the light of day.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          Apparently MGM came out of bankruptcy with 500 million for new movies and projects. Based on projected rate of return Revolution and Extinction should be a go.
          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...w-productions/
          That's interesting. But having one exec as a fan of Stargate won't mean a movie (for any version of Stargate) is a sure thing. The situation is unchanged - if it stacks up financially, they'll do it. It won't be done for nostalgia reasons. IMO.

As much as I hate to say it, the format of SG-1 has always lent itself better towards a movie, compared to SGA. As much as I'd like to see the next chapter of Atlantis, I just don't see it happening. The more likely outcome is either a SG-1 movie, or one to resolve the end of SGU. Whichever one is produced will be the one that makes them the most money, if it happens at all.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            That's interesting. But having one exec as a fan of Stargate won't mean a movie (for any version of Stargate) is a sure thing. The situation is unchanged - if it stacks up financially, they'll do it. It won't be done for nostalgia reasons. IMO.

As much as I hate to say it, the format of SG-1 has always lent itself better towards a movie, compared to SGA. As much as I'd like to see the next chapter of Atlantis, I just don't see it happening. The more likely outcome is either a SG-1 movie, or one to resolve the end of SGU. Whichever one is produced will be the one that makes them the most money, if it happens at all.
            I agree whole-heartitly with your comments. I would point out that the obstacles (SGU, aspirations of TPTB, etc.) to the movie are now removed.

Comment

SGU wasn't obstacle. Given JM's comment about Extinction being shelved because of the cancelliation of SGU it seems like it was the opposite.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                SGU wasn't obstacle. Given JM's comment about Extinction being shelved because of the cancelliation of SGU it seems like it was the opposite.
                I tend to think JM is a manipulator on the highest order. Just the fact he said that makes me think SGU was an obstacle.

Comment

I tend to think JM is a manipulator on the highest order. Just the fact he said that makes me think SGU was an obstacle.
                  And your proof? I'm more incline to believe someone inside then some fan poster.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    And your proof? I'm more incline to believe someone inside then some fan poster.
                    Have you not been paying attention since the introduction of sgu? The false death threats, the false fan confrontations with cast members, the multitude of attacks against sg fans??? What other proof is needed to think TPTB comments regarding future movies isn't fan manipulations?

Comment

I do not understand how Brad Wright and Joe M. can have ANY say if the SGA movie will be made or not. It's not like they OWN it or anything.

MGM is the one who owns the Stargate stuff...not Brad or Joe.

All that Brad Wright does is PRODUCE SGA, SG-1 and SG*U. All Joe M. does is WRITE for the shows

THEY DON"T BELONG TO THEM!

So When I hear ANYTHING from MGM on when a movie is or isn't being made, THEN I'll believe it!

Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

sga season 5 has sold more disks than sgu, people actually like to watch sg1/sga, and the previous movies were cash cows. I would think a company just out of bankruptcy would be looking towards a profitable (at least part of it anyway) franchise to start making some profits. If they get it into their minds that each movies will generate enough profit to "self finance" two or three more movies it will be a go. I think BW is in a very weak position to keep these movies from seeing the light of day.
                        Do you have any data to back that assertion up?

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                        I do not understand how Brad Wright and Joe M. can have ANY say if the SGA movie will be made or not. It's not like they OWN it or anything.

MGM is the one who owns the Stargate stuff...not Brad or Joe.

All that Brad Wright does is PRODUCE SGA, SG-1 and SG*U. All Joe M. does is WRITE for the shows

THEY DON"T BELONG TO THEM!

So When I hear ANYTHING from MGM on when a movie is or isn't being made, THEN I'll believe it!

Very true. Shame that people only seem to want to face reality when it suits. I wonder if people will remember this next time they complain that the lack of movies is the producers fault.

Comment

SGA season 5 180,000 sales first three weeks
                          http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/200...vd-sales/22772

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/200...vd-sales/23109

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/200...les-rise/23677

AOT
                          http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2008/0SGAT-DVD.php

continuum
                          http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2008/0SGCT-DVD.php

The sales figures for the SGU season 1.0 and 1.5 didn't even make the bottom of the list for their first two weeks.
                          Last edited by morrismike; 02 January 2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

A single season of Atlantis has a single release, while a single season of SGU is spread over 6 releases. If every set only sold even 10k in their first week then sales would have still matched the earliest SGA season data we have. Ultimately though, we have absolutely no idea how well SGU sets have sold for MGM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              A single season of Atlantis has a single release, while a single season of SGU is spread over 6 releases. If every set only sold even 10k in their first week then sales would have still matched the earliest SGA season data we have. Ultimately though, we have absolutely no idea how well SGU sets have sold for MGM.
                              6 Releases? In the US market (the source of those figures) they were released in two half seasons.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                The numbers I provided were dvd only not the bluray or other options. You only need to sell around 35k in a week to make the list. My guess is we'll never be told what the sgu are for fear of bad press.

I will say when given a choice between putting money into something the show whose viewers watch live and purchase dvds will be favored over a series whose fans don't. My opinion in this matter are purely business related.

denial it's not just a river in Egypt

Comment

Working...
                                X