Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What plot? I have not read any plot what so ever. I was told there'd be a movie....2 years later, nothing.

Joe says he wrote/ has written it. prove it. give us a hint about it.

Now seeing he was so kind to tell us that the movie is being shelved, that it might not ever be filmed (by bridge studios) why not just tell us the plot?
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
      What plot? I have not read any plot what so ever. I was told there'd be a movie....2 years later, nothing.

Now seeing he was so kind to tell us that the movie is being shelved, that it might not ever be filmed (by bridge studios) why not just tell us the plot?
      Because it would probably be more than his job is worth. Besides, what would revealing a plot prove? Anyone so inclined (and there seem to be many) could simply call him a liar for no apparent reason, as they do whenever he says something that doesn't conform to the conspiracy theories they've concocted. People don't seem to understand (or else just want to accept) that the producers are not in control of these movies, MGM are. If the movies are never made, it'll be because MGM don't want to risk it, not because Joe or Brad would rather do something else.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        Because it would probably be more than his job is worth. Besides, what would revealing a plot prove? Anyone so inclined (and there seem to be many) could simply call him a liar for no apparent reason.
        No apparent reason my bottom

Originally posted by KEK

as they do whenever he says something that doesn't conform to the conspiracy theories they've concocted. People don't seem to understand (or else just want to accept) that the producers are not in control of these movies, MGM are. If the movies are never made, it'll be because MGM don't want to risk it, not because Joe or Brad would rather do something else.
        Oh, I am pretty darn sure people understand that the future of Stargate is up to MGM and not TPTB, the question is, do TPTB realise that?
        "Watch SGU or no movies"
        "SGU getting cancelled has stalled all progress on the movies"
        MGM did not say these things, TPTB did. MGM itself has made no statement whatsoever on the future of Stargate (that I am aware of, so I'm open to information), be it more SGU, movies, "SG4" or whatever. As to Joe and Brad, they have both indicated (in my mind at least) that if SGU ends, they have no current plan for another Stargate series whatsoever.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          No apparent reason my bottom
          Oh, I am pretty darn sure people understand that the future of Stargate is up to MGM and not TPTB, the question is, do TPTB realise that?
          If that's the case then why are people blaming Brad and Joe for the lack of movies? It's funny really how the writers are always painted as pantomime villains in all this while the actors are worshipped, yet no one seems to have done more to hurt the movies chances than Joe Flanigan.

"Watch SGU or no movies"
          "SGU getting cancelled has stalled all progress on the movies"
          MGM did not say these things, TPTB did.
          Pretty sure they never said the first one. Either way I'm not sure what your point is here, clearly they're just relaying information. If MGM didn't like the things they were saying, then they'd do something about it.

Comment

If that's the case then why are people blaming Brad and Joe for the lack of movies? It's funny really how the writers are always painted as pantomime villains in all this while the actors are worshipped, yet no one seems to have done more to hurt the movies chances than Joe Flanigan.
            KEK, they have "claimed ownership" via thier comments, weather they are "true" or not. As to actors, I'll just leave that alone as it is, has been and always will be, off topic here.

Originally posted by KEK
            Pretty sure they never said the first one. Either way I'm not sure what your point is here, clearly they're just relaying information. If MGM didn't like the things they were saying, then they'd do something about it.
            No, they are not merely "relaying information", they are putting thier own spin on said information. Pure information dissemination would be "MGM has stated XYZ", but we have never seen that have we? As to MGM not "liking what they are saying", do you really think it was Syfy's "plan" to be "jumped at the gate" by Deadline? We live in the information age mate and once it gets "out there", all bets are off.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

They could just have renamed SGU to Stargate Extinction - the title would certainly have been fitting and it could be marketed as non-fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                they're not.

It takes two to tango....even if it's 2,000.

we have joe, who likes to rabble rouse, and we have fans that rally too any cause and respond, usually in the most OTT manner possible (some anyway)

Joe rouses the rabble, yet the rabble keeps coming back for more and volunteering to be roused.

It's a symbiotic relationship. He seems to enjoy riling people up, people seem to enjoy being riled up. He seems to enjoy watching you bicker, you seem to enjoy bickering. y'all get something to talk/fight about, he gets to start things and watch the fans react.

THing is, either 'side' could stop the cycle...but neither one will.

I do place slightly more blame upon him, simply because he's a wordsmith. Words are his livelyhood. And he knows the power of them. But there have been situation after situation where he seems to post in the most inflammatory and 'jump to a cause' manner possible. He could use his blog to calm things down rather than calm them up.

in this statement

He could have left out the bolded stuff. all that does is make it easy for those upset about things to jump to 'see, their fault!!!!!'

but he had to take his digs. And for someone that's been dealing with fans for the better part of a decade, he should know better.
                It's all a bit passive aggressive - hey look at me! stop looking at me! why is nobody looking? hey look at me! I agree to your point that he should know better, as could many fans, myself included. I've let him rile me up in the past. The truth is that he is only one producer in a group. His blog is just that - a blog. It's not the official mouthpiece of the show, in the same way that GW isn't (although GW holds considerably more credibility, for obvious reasons).

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                So, are you guys ready to talk about the topic of the plot of the movie? or are you still caught up in the off topic conversation of whether or not there'll be a movie?

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post

I've not heard much (anything) about the plot either. Presumably they head back to the PG. Extinction could either refer to a plot to wipe out the Wraith (probably another retrovirus) or it could refer to the Wraith's unhindered assault on the PG's humans leading to what could be their (the humans') extinction.

Or maybe Sam the giant fish-whale hitched a ride back to Earth and is eating all the whales in our ocean at an alarming rate

I disagree with that pretty strongly. BUT don't forget that not everyone goes to conventions, or is on the net. There are a lot of fans who watch the show, and buy the merchandise, but don't get any more involved than that. So issues like what is said on JM's Blog of Doom, or comments by JF, or rumours about plot developments wont affect them. Unless TPTB/W came out and said "this movie is awful, don't watch it" I would disregard any other information. After all, it's all just opinion, right?

Maybe. I doubt they feel the need to micromanage the Stargate franchise, given their many other projects and current financial situation
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  putting thier own spin on said information. Pure information dissemination would be "MGM has stated XYZ", but we have never seen that have we? As to MGM not "liking what they are saying", do you really think it was Syfy's "plan" to be "jumped at the gate" by Deadline? We live in the information age mate and once it gets "out there", all bets are off.
                  The difference being that Deadline journalists are not their employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                    They could just have renamed SGU to Stargate Extinction - the title would certainly have been fitting and it could be marketed as non-fiction
                    sigpic

Comment

to be honest, I cannot believe anything Joe M. has said pertaining to anything regarding SGA: Extinction within the last 1/2 year. All he has done is talk in circles pertaining to anything SGA and the movies. He has contradicted himself over and over again - where anything he has stated about the status of the movies has been categorized within the "little boy who cries wolf' scenario.

I honestly don't think he has any clue to what is going on - anymore than we do. I believe his motive all along was to deceive SG fans in believing that there was actually hope of a SGA movie.....with that notion he created a false sense of hope and persuading fans to watch SGU. Then pulled the wool over our eyes.

Hey, I have always enjoyed all three series, and consider myself a fan of SG regardless... I am not critical of one series over the other...to me it is pure sci-fi entertainment dealing and centered around the SG program......period, end of discussion.

What I consider disrespectful, is how "some" of the PTB feed the fans a bunch of horsesh*t day in and day out - then renege on what is supposed to happen.

I will take Brad Wright's word anyday pertaining to the status of the franchise over Joe M.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                        Rofl... I miss humor on the forums... there isn't enough lately.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                          Rofl... I miss humor on the forums... there isn't enough lately.
                          There's plenty... you just need to know where to look.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            There's plenty... you just need to know where to look.
                            This is very true...maybe we should start rainbow colors in this thread!
                            sigpic

Comment

Or bring back the peeps!
                              sigpic

Comment

Apparently MGM came out of bankruptcy with 500 million for new movies and projects. Based on projected rate of return Revolution and Extinction should be a go.
                                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...w-productions/

Comment

Working...
                                X