Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Extinction Pre-Viewing PLOT discussion, speculation and eventual spoilers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    SGA is still very much on everyone's mind and this movie is still alive. Why?

1.) Well let's just sat SyFy is still interested in this SGA movie.
    2.) SyFy continues to rerun all seasons of SGA at 5pm EST
    3.) MGM has continued SGA in syndication and also added Season 4 because of the success.
    4.) Season 5 DVD set had sold nearly 250,000 copies in the first few weeks of it's release.
    5.) SGA crossover on SGU is keeping SGA fresh on everyone's mind
    6.) MGM is going to be out of debt soon, and will have new investors helping them out to allocate funds for new projects.
    Brian, dare I say it, you sound almost optimistic!
    And I agree with you!!

I think many different factors have to come together to make these movies happen, the finance thing being the big one - and in my book this also includes continued fan support. The factors you listed seem to be a good sign that both MGM and SyFy are still interested; and that fans are still very much interested as indicated not only by the good DVD sales, but that fact SGA is still in syndication and on a more personal note by the good response we have gotten as part in the Movie Campaign. So that would include most of the major players - we just have to hope that Spyglass is interested too.

I think the fact that SGA is running the last 2 seasons in syndication is really helpful as that not only has the opportunity to bring in morefans but also keeps SGA on TPTB minds and more importantly on the minds of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      Wow.... This isn't the Briangate I knew a few months ago.... A few months ago you seemed convinced these movies(at least extinction) wouldn't be made.
      Something has been stirring around SyFy.
      sigpic

Comment

Don't get him started...

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Don't get him started...
          Who is "he" and why don't you want to get "him" started?
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just cuz I've been out of the loop lately, there's absolutely 100% no chance that Elizabeth is coming back ... right???

Not like I just answered my own question with smilies or anything ...

Comment

From JM's Blog:
              Answer: And that pretty much sums it up. Some fans are under the delusion that an end to SGU will mean a return of Atlantis as a series or, at the very least, a fast-tracking of the Atlantis movie. In fact, the opposite is true. First of all, there are no circumstances by which Atlantis would return for a sixth season. As nice as it would be to see all those story ideas we’d filed away go to script and, ultimately, into production, it can’t happen – and anyone who claims otherwise is either clueless or lying. Given recent developments, the outlook for both the SG-1 and Atlantis movies has improved, and will continue to improve so long as Stargate: Universe continues strong.

and Brian, thanks for bringing a little hope back to my world! *keeps fingers and toes crossed*
              sigpic

Comment

also...
                planet_tv writes: “1. Would it be possible for Sheppard to feed Todd a nice tasty snack named Kanaan?

2. Will the SGA gate be needed for the SGA movie whenever that happens? The only reason I ask is because saw that it was up for auction in pieces and I can’t see that you have another SGA gate laying around as I am assuming that all of the Stargates are equally expensive to make or at the very least expensive to get fix..”

Answers: 1. Unlikely. Sorry. 2. Yes, we’ll need one – but we’ll be fine when the time comes.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ssive-mailbag/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  From JM's Blog:

and Brian, thanks for bringing a little hope back to my world! *keeps fingers and toes crossed*
                  No problem. I said before things improved and there is a buzz going around. Now hopefully with Joe M saying it people will believe me now. Trust me, everyone wants this movie to be made, um well except some people who don't like SGA and used to doom and gloom it, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

They'll be fine with an SGA gate because it'll be CG, would be my guess.

Good to know there's positive buzz around SyFy, Brian.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      Don't get him started...
                      Too late.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Who is "he" and why don't you want to get "him" started?
                      Brian, because he won't stop.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Just cuz I've been out of the loop lately, there's absolutely 100% no chance that Elizabeth is coming back ... right???

Not like I just answered my own question with smilies or anything ...
                      Never in a million years... that ship has sailed. (not Sparky, the story)

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      From JM's Blog:

Bolding that bit is fine - but you forgot to bold that other bit attached to it:

who claims otherwise is either clueless or lying. Given recent developments, the outlook for both the SG-1 and Atlantis movies has improved, and will continue to improve so long as Stargate: Universe continues strong.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Brian, because he won't stop.
                        Actually, I think KEK was referring to Major Davis, and if KEK is referring to me, well infraction time, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

With Spyglass taking over MGM (creditors vote for the bankruptcy here http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?...2&t=mi6&s=news and the concentration on it being a television production company (see http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?...8&t=mi6&s=news) I would have thought that the news was good for some movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Actually, I think KEK was referring to Major Davis, and if KEK is referring to me, well infraction time, lol.
                            It's possible.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well... I wonder what he means by strong. Theoretically If he considers season 1.5 a strong financial performance... I think we'll get movies for sure lol. If not, well, i'm still betting season 2.0 will be more successful, plus with the whole season release coming soon, hopefully things will brighten up for SG.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Bolding that bit is fine - but you forgot to bold that other bit attached to it:
                                who claims otherwise is either clueless or lying. Given recent developments, the outlook for both the SG-1 and Atlantis movies has improved, and will continue to improve so long as Stargate: Universe continues strong.
                                That's cause I'm ignoring that part...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X