Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Zelenka - which department does he lead on Atlantis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head of Department does not mean head of the Division in many places of work for instance the head of a purchasing department is overseen by the director of corporate generally speaking.

I think Rodney was the Head Scientist, However due to going off world an such Zalenka lead the science research team on atlantis. making him head of department

Comment

Originally posted by clauz89 View Post
      It could be... also considering that
      Spoiler:
      when he was a child he was too poor to have electricity...

besides, I'm quite sure Zelenka is an engineer, if you look at his civilian dress
      (I'm studying enginering, so I can recognize an engineer when I see it)
      I resemble that remark.

Comment

My theory is that he's in charge of Operations. Operations may be considered to be under the Science division because so much of the Atlantis tech is unfamiliar.

Comment

I am embarassed to admit I don't recall which episode it was in, but there was a scene between Zelenka and McKay where Zelenka claims that he is the head of his own department, and McKay scoffs that his department is a joke. I've searched the forums, omnipedia, etc, and I can't find the answer to this question. Did they ever give an answer on the show, or has anyone heard anything from David Nykl or anyone else regarding this? It's been bugging me enough to finally get me to join the forums so I could ask!
          Thanks all.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ad-on-Atlantis

"Zelenka: If we survive this, I'm putting in for a transfer.
            McKay: Oh, please, we both know that you've done your best work under me.
            Zelenka: Under you? I'm my own department head you know.
            McKay: Oh, please, we both know that department is a joke...
            Sheppard: Why don't you guys just make out and get it over with? "

Comment

I think he might be in charge of operations. He seemed to be the go to person when there was trouble with some of the systems on Atlantis itself. That means he'd probably be Chuck's boss.

Comment

Operations is a good option, yes. for example when the Naquahdah generators are broken, he's needed. so i think he's head of the department of fixing stuff.

Mckay is the head of Science and Engineering, or whatever similar name and role it really has.

Comment

Okay, I don't know why my search of the forums earlier didn't find a previous thread abouth this topic but I see it now. Obviously it is an officially unanswered question open to much speculation. Thanks for the replies, especially the one identifying the ep!

Comment

I think this question has been answered but I'd like to throw in bits of more information I've seen.

Radek, as I understand, is also an Ancient tech expert, and more of an electrical engineer than Rodney. Rodney, I think, is like the 'mechanical' engineer. He builds stuff. Radek is the electrical engineer - if you notice, a lot of the 'fixing' and 'work' he does is focused on wiring.

A general theory I've noticed is that Radek is the 'shorebound Rodney.' While Rodney goes offworld, Radek stays behind to monitor Atlantis. Though it was not officially stated, it can be assumed that Chuck took over the duties of Peter Grodin, while Radek took over Peter Grodin's role to Rodney. If that makes sense.

Anyway, that's my two cents from what I've gathered reading. Hope it was at least some help.

Comment

My guess in that Rodney is in charge of science and Radek has engineering. When it comes right down to it, Rodney screws things up and Radek fixes them.

Comment

The Department of Silly Walks?

Oh wait, that was a Ministry. Oh well.
                        sigpic

Comment

McKay is head of the science and research departments (The Shrine) which seems to make him head of all science departments on Atlantis.

Zelenka, I gather is more specific, we know he mostly deals with technology, particularly Ancient technology. He is probably part of some sort of research and repair department on the city.

Comment

He is the head of all Tsjech people in the science department, unfortunatly for him he is the only tsjech

Comment

my guess is he is in charge of many of the tech/science teams. mckay might believe hes in charge but since he is a field agent then he probably doesn't lead on day to day things.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X