This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA storyline will parallel robotech cartoon

someone around here hinted that Atlantis storylines will reveal the Wraith are merely footsoldiers for some more powerful Ancient enemy more on par with them. Doesn't this remind some people of the Robotech cartoon that played on scifi a few years ago? I think it was during the mornings.

I hope they don't do it so melodramatically. But then again SciFi has a penchant for rehashing old shows *cough* galactica *cough* *spit* patooeey.

anyway, if so I wonder if Shep will be Rick and Teyla will be Minmei (I loved Minmei - both beautiful and exasperating- and frustrating ) and Weir will be Lisa .

And of course Atlantis is the SDF-1.

Comments.

If that's been hinted, I must have missed it.
    And there has been no mention of this in any epsiodes I've seen so far.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Hinted? A person on the forum wrote an idea that the Wraith are just puppets and now it's "hinted"?

"Maybe aAnubiSs should be given a role on Atlantis as a Furling"

Please now start hinting that. I'll take a modest salary of $25,000/ep.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        Hinted? A person on the forum wrote an idea that the Wraith are just puppets and now it's "hinted"?

"Maybe aAnubiSs should be given a role on Atlantis as a Furling"

Please now start hinting that. I'll take a modest salary of $25,000/ep.

I will -if you promise that glowingjellyfish, glowingjelyfish, terraatlantus and roswellgray also be given roles or production work - but I'll undercut you at $20 K for a total for me of $80 K

Comment

probably your right, how did Atlantis get into another galaxy? Maybe a wormhole they discovered and they hid it from the Wraith?
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
            probably your right, how did Atlantis get into another galaxy? Maybe a wormhole they discovered and they hid it from the Wraith?
            Atlantis is a City-ship, it comes with a Hyper-drive.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

But they do find a wormhole leading to the milky way. Or so i've read somewhere.
              Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
              Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
              Citizen Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
                But they do find a wormhole leading to the milky way. Or so i've read somewhere.
                Yeah, it's called a Stargate.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                  Yeah, it's called a Stargate.
                  What?! Stargates use Wormholes! Nonsense!
                  sigpic

Comment

The SG:A Lowdown led us to believe that the Wraith were to be powerful enough to intimidate, but dumb enough to be killed and outwitted routinely by the mere Earth expedition.

The Wraith finding a wormhole to our galaxy was the rumored plot of a SG:A video game.
                    Now if Wraith tech is on par with the Ancients they should have the capability to traverse to other galaxies. For that matter we, today, can spot galaxies in the "local group" where Pegasus happens to be. (I assume fictional properties were given to the galaxy for the show to work.) So the Wraith should be able to find that gigantic spiral galaxy known as the Milky Way to us.

I think the Wraith stumbling across our galaxy is inevitable, and may happen sometime after SG:1 is over. To the Silver Screen maybe? Just speculation.

Comment

I need a schematic of the Puddle jumper and the F-303
                      sigpic
                      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
                        The SG:A Lowdown led us to believe that the Wraith were to be powerful enough to intimidate, but dumb enough to be killed and outwitted routinely by the mere Earth expedition.

The Wraith finding a wormhole to our galaxy was the rumored plot of a SG:A video game.
                        Now if Wraith tech is on par with the Ancients they should have the capability to traverse to other galaxies. For that matter we, today, can spot galaxies in the "local group" where Pegasus happens to be. (I assume fictional properties were given to the galaxy for the show to work.) So the Wraith should be able to find that gigantic spiral galaxy known as the Milky Way to us.

I think the Wraith stumbling across our galaxy is inevitable, and may happen sometime after SG:1 is over. To the Silver Screen maybe? Just speculation.
                        I beleive the Wraith technology, and their society for that matter, are war-like and they don't necessarily learn for the heck of learning, which is why they may not "star gaze" so they may not have ever seen the milkyway. Also, one can't forget that there are millions, if not billions of galaxies. So even if they Wraith have seen the Milky Way, it is no more significant than anyother they have seen. So the chances of them stumbling upon Earth, without reason, not to mention our solar system, are slim.

Comment

Also in "Rising" the wraith keeper tried to get the location off summer's but failed to do so. So they don't know where earth really is but what is surprising to me is that they say the wraith tech is rival to ancient tech but they never bother going to other galaxy to find new food sources.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Wraith technology isn't on par with the ancients technology. It's closer to the Goa'uld. The Wraith didn't beat the ancients because their technology was better, they beat them because they outnumbered them.

Also, the Wraith require food to survive. They're not just going to pack up their hive ships and head to the nearest galaxy to explore. They'd have to bring along enough food in order to survive the trip to the galaxy, and back. They'd also need food for their human food.

They need to learn where we're from first, and then they'll know it's worth traveling to the Milky Way. So far they haven't found out where we're from though.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Wha? Galactica, the new one that is, is awesome.

Originally posted by roswellgray
                              someone around here hinted that Atlantis storylines will reveal the Wraith are merely footsoldiers for some more powerful Ancient enemy more on par with them. Doesn't this remind some people of the Robotech cartoon that played on scifi a few years ago? I think it was during the mornings.

I hope they don't do it so melodramatically. But then again SciFi has a penchant for rehashing old shows *cough* galactica *cough* *spit* patooeey.

anyway, if so I wonder if Shep will be Rick and Teyla will be Minmei (I loved Minmei - both beautiful and exasperating- and frustrating ) and Weir will be Lisa .

And of course Atlantis is the SDF-1.

Comments.

Comment

Working...
                              X