Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deathly allergic to citrus, and other odd thoughts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    No one EVER takes his allergy serious and that is the TPTB fault.
    That right there really bugs me (as I sit munching happily on a teeny box of chocolates that a friend bought me - she made very sure it was nut-free before she bought it ).

There's an episode of SG-1 where Mitchell takes out a lemon to 'frighten' Rodney with, and I didn't find it the slightest bit funny. And if someone did the same thing to me, I wouldn't so much be frightened as angry - man, Mitchell would've got himself a lecture!

And if I spotted him doing it to someone else it would've been worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
      So, has anyone ever noticed a reference to him being allergic to any other citrus fruits?
      He mentions being allergic to citris not to lemons. it's just always lemons he ends up around. I always assumed his allergy was farther reaching.

There's an episode of SG-1 where Mitchell takes out a lemon to 'frighten' Rodney with, and I didn't find it the slightest bit funny. And if someone did the same thing to me, I wouldn't so much be frightened as angry - man, Mitchell would've got himself a lecture!
      Despite the way Rodney acts, he has a sense of humour, he knows people don't like him, and he saw shep hand Mitchel the lemon.

McKay and Sheppard don't always act like it, but they are friends and this is probably a running joke between them. I used to have a friend who said he was going to kill me and make a suit out of my skin as a running joke.
      "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
      "Those who abandon the path are evil."
      "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

OK, because I don't have any ( food ) allergies I have to ask. Sorry if I sound clueless but I really have no experience of this. If you're allergic to citrus, or even some citrus fruits but not others, would even touching them be dangerous, or just eating them? In other words, would threatening Rodney with a lemon ( I assume as in throwing it at him or something ) actually be dangerous to him?

Comment

It depends on the person. My ex was allergic to cherries to the point where she couldn't even handle them (just touching something with cherry in it would give her nasty hives. You would be surprised how many things have cherry in them you wouldn't expect to), but she knew other people with the same allergy that could handle them but not eat them.
          "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
          "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Ouch! That's bad...

Comment

ya. judging by the way Rodney acts, it's probable that he can be around and possibly handle citrus but just can't eat it.
              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

Okay, I have kind of searched around for something about this...and since the title of this thread says "other odd thoughts", I thought I would ask this here.

Hopefully this isn't giving something away...

In the deleted scenes on the S4 DVD's there is a scene from 'Miller's Crossing' of McKay in his quarters. Ronon and Sheppard come in and you see a tank of turtles in the room. Are those Carson's turtles?
                sigpic

Comment

That right there really bugs me (as I sit munching happily on a teeny box of chocolates that a friend bought me - she made very sure it was nut-free before she bought it ).

And if I spotted him doing it to someone else it would've been worse...
                  True - but it happens. As I said earlier, I've known some Army friends of mine do a very similar thing.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_post18 View Post
                    Okay, I have kind of searched around for something about this...and since the title of this thread says "other odd thoughts", I thought I would ask this here.

In the deleted scenes on the S4 DVD's there is a scene from 'Miller's Crossing' of McKay in his quarters. Ronon and Sheppard come in and you see a tank of turtles in the room. Are those Carson's turtles?
                    Ooo, interesting!

I had an odd thought when I started the thread and then couldn't remember it. So I welcome more!

Comment

This got me thinking... What did they tell his family when he came back?
                      "Hallowed are the Ori!"

Comment

I still think Rodney's allergy is an attention-seeking thing that he's made up.

Madeleine

Comment

Does anyone know anything about turtles? 'Cause now I'm curious...

Comment

I wonder if it was Sheppard who was allergic to citrus if we'd even be having the conversation?

Nope!

I doubt anyone would question any one else's medical problems... but seeing it's Rodney, so of COURSE he's a lying sack of cow dung!

I mean if he says he's also allergic to bee stings and no one will believe him and he gets stung by a bee "well gosh sorry Rodney you are a known hypochondriac so, well ,why should we believe a word you say?"

I find this really crappy that no one takes a person at his word!
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Does anyone know anything about turtles? 'Cause now I'm curious...
                              Someone today told me that yes, they are Carson's turtles and it has been confirmed in an interview with Mallozzi (one of the Producers.)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                                I mean if he says he's also allergic to bee stings and no one will believe him and he gets stung by a bee "well gosh sorry Rodney you are a known hypochondriac so, well ,why should we believe a word you say?"
                                I find this really crappy that no one takes a person at his word!
                                That does annoy me a wee bit too. (Probably coming from my nut-allergy background I guess!) But the citrus allergy thing is one of the first characteristics ever assigned to Rodney. And knowing how much he likes food, I don't see him deliberately missing out on any...

Someone today told me that yes, they are Carson's turtles and it has been confirmed in an interview with Mallozzi (one of the Producers.)
                                Oh, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X