This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Dialing and Glyph Interchangeability

So, as a physical inner ring of glyphs does not exist on Pegasus 'gates, how is manual dialing accomplished, in the event that the resident DHD is destroyed?

It would be surprising if the Ancients had removed this safety feature, especially since these 'gates are supposedly more "recent" than the 'gates in the Milky Way.

My current theory is that there is some sort of control panel or control interface port somewhere on the 'gate itself, which can be employed once the 'gate has absorbed a sufficient amount of power to begin the dialing procedure.

Another issue I thought of, this time while watching "Home" - from the looks of it, it seemed that, in the attempt to dial Earth, the glyphs that were selected on the Pegasus DHD were in the same position as those that are dialed to reach Earth from a Milky Way 'gate. This leads me to believe that the actual symbols themselves mean nothing, but instead, each glyph position on the gate stands for nothing more than a predetermined distance variable, most likely with respect to the center of that particular galaxy.
    "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
    Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

You might want to check out these threads:

Manualy dial Atlantis Gate
    New Gate, Bad Design
    Atlantis SG no more manual dial?
    Rocky

Comment

Working...
    X