This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the Genii? POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I was just reading a thread and it said that two people were killed from the Genii, wot are they? Some sort of other enemie?

They're human enemies the SGA team made in ep 108: Underground.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

There will be running arc for at least the first and probably the second season where they are major pain in the backside of SGA. As mentioned above we first met them in “Underground” and they hold us responsible for waking up the wraith and messing up there plans to destroy them.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I think the Humans of Atlantis will show their hands since they have the new ship that came from Earth. The Genii will be allies in the fight against the Wraith.
        sigpic
        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Or they will end up get wiped out by the wraith.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The Genii won't be allies for many, many years. We simply can't trust them. They can however be trade partners, since we might need food or some other stuff later on.

Comment

I'd prefer that the Genii remain enemies throughout the season, and then, early season 2, the Wraith come along and find their underground bases, and wipe them off the face of their planet, leaving only a small handful of them, who have no choice but to join the Atlantis team, who help them in their fight against the Wraith, but we worry about whether or not they can completely be trusted. That's how I would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                ... they hold us responsible for waking up the wraith and messing up there plans to destroy them.
                But we are

Comment

Let's nuke 'em

OK seriously,

They need to be put in their place. In S2, they may well be put in their place.

Or if that doesn't happen I'd like to see them get sucked dry by the Wraith, as a previous poster has already said. That'd bring some more horror to the show, but it would be a sort of happy/sad horror because it's the Genii getting a pasting. I realise the vocab used in this paragraph is a bit shabby, but hey, I'm in a rush and am experiencing some brain fade

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                  One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                  One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                  Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                  Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                  Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Yeah nuke them, lets show them what it means being a Human from Earth!... or not

The only time I can see the SGA and Genii working together is when it involves Wraiths, and there are no innocents on the planet.

Comment

Genii - French, which the President doesnt like americans and he missess Sadam

SGA = Americans who wants allies to fight the bloodthirsty islamics.
                      sigpic
                      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

The Genni could solve so many problems if they put an iris on their gate. If they can almost figure out how to make an A-Bomb I think they could do that.

Seriously, it won't stop the major Culling, but little Wraith skirmishes would be averted a lot.

Look how great it works for SG1 and Atlantis....

Comment

The Genni could solve so many problems if they put an iris on their gate. If they can almost figure out how to make an A-Bomb I think they could do that.

Seriously, it won't stop the major Culling, but little Wraith skirmishes would be averted a lot.
                          An Iris wouldn't do anything but delay the culling. The Wraith would show up in ships.

Also, the A-Bomb plan wasn't going to work. The idea was to blow up a handful of Wraith ships simultaniously, but they didn't know how many Wraith hive ships there were out there. There are at least 60, and possibly many more hive ships throughout the Pegasus galaxy, and apparently the Genii don't have the resources to make that many A-Bombs before the Wraith get to them.

(SPOILER for "The Eye" ...)
                          Spoiler:
                          They still have that Genii chick onboard Atlantis somewhere, I'm guessing in the Brig. They'll probably have her in another episode before the end of the season.
                          Last edited by Darren; 23 November 2004, 10:50 AM.
                          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I don't believe the Genii can be trust at all.

Comment

Ahh stuff the Genii, they are pricks and i hope the wraith wipe them out and we take there land as a secondary station!!

Comment

Working...
                              X