Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so last night after posting I went and watched again The storm, The eye and Sateda and I have to say that without the all so wrongly written and directed gunfights in it Satedat is a good episode. But the shooting and the slow motion are just wrong. Also in all fairness it is not the single worst Stargate episode, it has Irresistible and Irresponsible as worthy companions.
    Hmm, The Bible, what a waste of perfectly good toilet paper.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1215985784
    Your Current Signature Picture

Comment

Atlantis seemed to have alot more shooting than SG1 did!

Comment

Hmmm, I must be a violent person then.. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          Have to agree with you here. I got really fed up with the idea that heroism is all about running around with guns and causing big explosions.

Having said that, I would have cheered if Sheppard had shot Lucius instead of Kolya.
          I think the death of Kolya in this episode was an absolute tradgedy. Such an undignified way for such a great character to die. One of the worst things to happen on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
            I think the death of Kolya in this episode was an absolute tradgedy. Such an undignified way for such a great character to die.
            I agree.

In my opinion, Kolya was equivalent of The Master from Doctor Who, smart, cunning, and devious .

Kolya should of had an ongoing arc of some kind, with an evil plan of sorts.
            sigpic
            Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
              I think the death of Kolya in this episode was an absolute tradgedy. Such an undignified way for such a great character to die. One of the worst things to happen on Atlantis.

Agree. It was totally unimaginative. Now that Todd has been slummin' with the Lanteans, I would have much preferred to see Kolya come to his end by Todd's hand (literally). It would just be a neat twist - an unrepentant Kolya face-to-face with Sheppard, threatening to do his worst, and Shep does a little, 'Let me introduce you to an old friend of yours' thing and - stepping aside - in strolls Todd, feeding hand a'flexing - The End. Just leave it right there, and leave it to the viewer's imagination.

das
              sigpic

Comment

I think they did a good job with the shoot em up episodes. Episodes like Sateda were a good break from the regular stuff and it was nice to enjoy some good ole non-stop shooting action. Midway was also a good one, it was nice to see Teal'c back in action.

I don't think Common Ground qualifies as a shoot 'em up ep, although it is one of my favorites in all of Stargate.

So I hope there is at least one such episode in the upcoming SGU
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  Episodes like Sateda were a good break from the regular stuff and it was nice to enjoy some good ole non-stop shooting action. Midway was also a good one, it was nice to see Teal'c back in action.
                  I just found Midway ridiculous. Marine redshirts are no match for the Wraith and drop like flies. These same Wraith then drop like flies when they come up against Teal'c and Ronon.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just found Midway ridiculous. Marine redshirts are no match for the Wraith and drop like flies. These same Wraith then drop like flies when they come up against Teal'c and Ronon.
                    Because its Ronon, and TEAL'C! Come on! It doesn't get any more awesome-er than that. Unless there was a Teal'c clone. That would be cooler.
                    Last edited by delta1135; 09 March 2009, 06:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by delta1135 View Post
                      Because its Ronon, and TEAL'C! Come on! It doesn't get any more awesome-er than that. Unless there was a Teal'c clone. That would be cooler.
                      I'd rather have seen Teal'c flatten Ronon on Atlantis. I thought Carter was a spoilsport for stopping the fight.
                      sigpic

Comment

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about all those times the Geni/Wraith/Asurans etc should have just put bullets between their eyes instead of locking them in rooms and waiting for them to escape, every single time.

Some of the cases there's not even any real reason to interrogate anyone other than just "that's what we always do". Like spoils of war, just one of many examples. You've got your ZPM, your growing your army of doom, you caught them and victory is yours so just blow their faces off. There's no real good reason not to. Hell if you really want to have fun queenie, use your psychic powers to make them shoot their comrads and then themselves. Ok so maybe you want to interrogate one of them for Earth's location, fine then, pick the one most likely to break then kill all of the others infront of that one, one at a time, slowly, until they break down and give you the coordinates. Then kill them to.

No imagination's these people... tsk tsk tsk. My Avatar would be so ashamed of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          Like spoils of war, just one of many examples. You've got your ZPM, your growing your army of doom, you caught them and victory is yours so just blow their faces off. There's no real good reason not to.
                          'Allies' is another example of Wraith keeping prisoners alive when the sensible thing would have been to feed on them there and then. Nobody even bothered to check if Ronon had any weapons hidden on him before putting him in storage.
                          sigpic

Comment

'Allies' is another example of Wraith keeping prisoners alive when the sensible thing would have been to feed on them there and then. Nobody even bothered to check if Ronon had any weapons hidden on him before putting him in storage.
                            Remember that two parter? The Lost Boys and The Hive? Remember how many knives Ronon had hidden on his person?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                              I honestly thought this thread was going to be about all those times the Geni/Wraith/Asurans etc should have just put bullets between their eyes instead of locking them in rooms and waiting for them to escape, every single time.
                              Oh, how that would have improved the show!! And when I saw the thread title, my first reaction was, 'It's about time someone wants to shoot the Lanteans!'

Some of the cases there's not even any real reason to interrogate anyone other than just "that's what we always do". Like spoils of war, just one of many examples. You've got your ZPM, your growing your army of doom, you caught them and victory is yours so just blow their faces off. There's no real good reason not to. Hell if you really want to have fun queenie, use your psychic powers to make them shoot their comrads and then themselves. Ok so maybe you want to interrogate one of them for Earth's location, fine then, pick the one most likely to break then kill all of the others infront of that one, one at a time, slowly, until they break down and give you the coordinates. Then kill them to.

No imagination's these people... tsk tsk tsk. My Avatar would be so ashamed of them.
                              Ah, yes. I've said before that if I ever broke down and wrote a fan fic, no one would like my Wraith. They wouldn't be playing pattycake with Sheppard and shagging human females - they'd be pretty brutal, to both their own, and to their prey. They are, afterall, predators...a species that survives by taking the life of other sentient beings. You have to be pretty damn cold to be able to do that without flinching. I could never understand why Wraith toy with the Lanteans, especially knowing how much trouble they have caused. It's just silly...and the last half of the last season was the silliest of all.

Originally posted by delta1135 View Post
                              Remember that two parter? The Lost Boys and The Hive? Remember how many knives Ronon had hidden on his person?
                              I guess it could be explained away that Wraith are so arrogant and sure of their superiority that they can't get it through their pretty white heads that the Lanteans are a deadly threat...but I'm thinking it's more about making the so-called heroes look cool, while the 'bad guys' look like buffoons. Although...I did get a kick out of Ronon with the knives...lol.

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                Ah, yes. I've said before that if I ever broke down and wrote a fan fic, no one would like my Wraith. They wouldn't be playing pattycake with Sheppard and shagging human females - they'd be pretty brutal, to both their own, and to their prey. They are, afterall, predators...a species that survives by taking the life of other sentient beings. You have to be pretty damn cold to be able to do that without flinching. I could never understand why Wraith toy with the Lanteans, especially knowing how much trouble they have caused. It's just silly...and the last half of the last season was the silliest of all.
                                Your Wraith and my Wraith would get along just fine I think. Yeah like you said, they kill constantly to live, killing/maiming humans should be absolutely second nature to them by now.

I would give a lot to see Sheppard or Dex or someone give their typical smart ass sass to a Wraith queen/Interrogator and have the Wraith just casually reach out, rip an ear off them and eat it before repeating the question. Lets get at least semi real here, humans are food animals to these creatures and we're suppossed to believe that their most revered and powerful leaders are going to stand there and put up with playful bull**** and snickering lies from some sniveling little maggot 1/1000th their age and a fraction of their strength. Yeah, suuuuure.

Rip an eyeball or two out of the socket and see how the tone of the room changes then.

The cutesy "My Wraith boyfriend" type fics kill me to. Yeah ok I don't think they're "evil monsters that deserve to be killed" but they're not your cutie pie little sweetheart who'd never hurt a fly either. They kill people to live and most of them are so jaded and used to doing it that casually snuffing out human lives doesn't even phase them anymore.

I'll even admit myself that I found some of the Wraith queens; shall we say, less than totally repulsive, but I wouldn't exactly be agreeing to any first dates unless Mr. .357 also came along as a chaperone.

Comment

Working...
                                X