Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runners : are Wraith playing with their food ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the would see Runners as a form of sport/fun, as well as helping train their Warriors in more efficient & better ways to hunt their prey & get better at weeding out stubborn pockets of Human resistance or those Humans which are particularly good at running & hiding & evading capture by the .

Hunters, in particular, as specializing in tracking & capturing Runners; would be especially proficient at finding any lost...'pantries' of food that other may have missed (play with your food yes, but never waste it! ).

Besides, whom know?

Maybe all that playing with their food gives Humans a better taste after they do all that running & fearing, what with the adrenaline & all those hormones & emotions pumping through their still thumping hearts. Why have a 'regular' Happy Meal on legs when you can have it 'upsized' (via making the HUman run, be more fearful, etc) instead?

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
      I think the would see Runners as a form of sport/fun, as well as helping train their Warriors in more efficient & better ways to hunt their prey & get better at weeding out stubborn pockets of Human resistance or those Humans which are particularly good at running & hiding & evading capture by the .

Hunters, in particular, as specializing in tracking & capturing Runners; would be especially proficient at finding any lost...'pantries' of food that other may have missed (play with your food yes, but never waste it! ).

Besides, whom know?

Maybe all that playing with their food gives Humans a better taste after they do all that running & fearing, what with the adrenaline & all those hormones & emotions pumping through their still thumping hearts. Why have a 'regular' Happy Meal on legs when you can have it 'upsized' (via making the HUman run, be more fearful, etc) instead?
      Exactly!!

Summed up very well!

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Were you a Wraith, or a runner?

I think for Wraith, the hunt would be quite exciting...but the kill...Mmmmm!! So delicious with all that adrenaline running through his catch.

das

I was both. I started as a Wraith, and Heqet and I caught my friend Sarf a couple times, then we switched off and I became a Runner. I was the only one who won as a Runner, too! I hid behind a fence, snuck up on them, and cut their throats with a stick-knife. (Violence!) We got the whole neighborhood involved, and everyone was helping us/helping the opponent. The people who were from my school must have thought we were crazy, and I could not be happier with that. I even had someone come up to me about a week or two later and say, "Hey. You're that kid who was playing that game!"

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
        Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
        Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post

Besides, whom know?

*points to quote in my sig*

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
          Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
          Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by the wraithwaxer View Post
            This is all just a big joke, but wouldn't the Wraith making a human a runner qualify as playing with their food? My mom tought me never to play with my food. Someone needs to tell them.
            Normal culling doesn't give them the physical satisfaction that a hunt brings. Swooping people up in darts, them waking up unconscious, cocooning them then feeding. This process is not satisfying.

It is exactly the same as why many people here and now prefer to still hunt, even just for the fun of it...not for food purposes, over a meal that has already been killed and chopped up for you. This is exactly why, Australia especially has such a problem with Feral animals, because people needed to hunt.

I believe it is the same for the Wraith, for 10,000 years they have not had a worthy adversary. With the fall of the Ancients the Wraith became the most technologically advanced race in Pegasus, this meant that sure they could get an easy meal anytime. But that was exactly the problem, there was no enjoyment or satisfaction in the kill as there had been before with the Ancients.

It might surprise you to know (ok not really) that once upon a time families had to hunt for their own food as well, not everything was handed to a silver platter for us.

It is exactly the same deal with the Wraith and us now, the Wraith echo our own social changes as we developed into the current culture we see today.

EDIT: Oh if you've ever tasted anything you've killed, prepared and cooked yourself. It tastes so much better than something that has been killed and prepared for you!
            I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Sig thanks to geekywraith *big hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by WraithHumor View Post
              Normal culling doesn't give them the physical satisfaction that a hunt brings. Swooping people up in darts, them waking up unconscious, cocooning them then feeding. This process is not satisfying.

It is exactly the same as why many people here and now prefer to still hunt, even just for the fun of it...not for food purposes, over a meal that has already been killed and chopped up for you. This is exactly why, Australia especially has such a problem with Feral animals, because people needed to hunt.

I believe it is the same for the Wraith, for 10,000 years they have not had a worthy adversary. With the fall of the Ancients the Wraith became the most technologically advanced race in Pegasus, this meant that sure they could get an easy meal anytime. But that was exactly the problem, there was no enjoyment or satisfaction in the kill as there had been before with the Ancients.

It might surprise you to know (ok not really) that once upon a time families had to hunt for their own food as well, not everything was handed to a silver platter for us.

It is exactly the same deal with the Wraith and us now, the Wraith echo our own social changes as we developed into the current culture we see today.

EDIT: Oh if you've ever tasted anything you've killed, prepared and cooked yourself. It tastes so much better than something that has been killed and prepared for you!
              I agree completely,after having done both...the buying (from grocery store) and then preparing..to hunting the game and preparing it! The hunted then prepared food,MUCH more tasty and satisfying,(not that I like to kill Bambi,or Bessie the cow...) You get the picture!
              HAVE YOU PET YOUR HUMAN TODAY? ...or did ya eat him?

Comment

Working...
              X