*iz reminded of Janet Fraser in Hathor talking about her ex*
    No hun you don't.
    hehe, I loved that scene, and the accent she put on to emphasise the point

This isn't a mans world...Us women just let them believe they're in charge

Oh and little Lemming friend, I think we scared off Jel
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      hehe, I loved that scene, and the accent she put on to emphasise the point

This isn't a mans world...Us women just let them believe they're in charge

Oh and little Lemming friend, I think we scared off Jel
      I don't scare that easy.

Just nothing worth commenting on/debating.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I don't scare that easy.

Just nothing worth commenting on/debating.
        You were gonna tell us what ships are worse than McKay/Keller
        sigpic

Comment

I could but I run the risk of offending a lot of people including yourself and FH.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I could but I run the risk of offending a lot of people including yourself and FH.
            Now, I'm curious.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh please, like that's ever stopped you before

Oh and it's supposed to be ships that are worse than McKay/Keller, not just ships you dislike
              sigpic

Comment

Oh please, like that's ever stopped you before

Oh and it's supposed to be ships that are worse than McKay/Keller, not just ships you dislike
                Well my list for dislike ships would be very short:All of them

And we have been through this before, Stargate just does not know how to write a relationship between two people
                Jelgate is right

Comment

And we have been through this before, Stargate just does not know how to write a relationship between two people
                  And that's exactly the reason why they should leave it up to the rose-colored glasses wearing audience. Or those who do not own such a pair. I prefer it that way.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well we all know they can't write romance well

And you said you could tell us what ships would be worse than McKay/Keller
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, as for what-almost-could-have-become-canon I think Ronon/Keller is just as bad as McKeller ... but for completely different reasons, so this is not the thread for this.

I've also just realised that most of my McKeller-ship complaints aren't really about how if affects Keller ... but about how it affects McKay. Funny how things work

Comment

Well Golly gee whiz that should be talked about in the Anti uh McKay.. uh no wait is that Keller keep her single, uh no darn.. is it the keep McKay single or is the pro Mckay uh FORMALLY the Thunk thread or is it the PRO McKay ship Thread...

Uh I'll get back to you on that!
                        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                          Well Golly gee whiz that should be talked about in the Anti uh McKay.. uh no wait is that Keller keep her single, uh no darn.. is it the keep McKay single or is the pro Mckay uh FORMALLY the Thunk thread or is it the PRO McKay ship Thread...

To what are you referring? This...

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          I've also just realised that most of my McKeller-ship complaints aren't really about how if affects Keller ... but about how it affects McKay. Funny how things work
                          That can be discussed here seeing as it's an impact of McKeller on an element of the show. In this case, one of its characters.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            To develop the aforementioned speed-romance, they needed to include the happy couple as much as possible. However, making Keller a regular also required them to have her develop as a character, but how to do that? Instead of making Keller an entity on her own, she becomes the girl that the geek is going to get at the end of the road. Poof, there goes decent character development.
                            THIS.

This was my biggest problem with the development of the McKeller pairing; in order for it to evolve, the characters had to devolve. What do I mean by that?

Well, Keller post-Tracker was all over the place. She was strong and brave in Tracker, frightened and lost in Identity. She was accepting of Rodney and able to stand up to his snark, but once Brainstorm hit she was all about changing him (and yes, Brainstorm really was that bad.

And Rodney and Ronon? :: shudder :: I'm still trying to forget that triangle.

Intentions? Are you freaking kidding me? I'm still debating on whether or not to consider that one of the more chauvinistic things I've seen on the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post

uh no it is the mckay -sometimes the ... no the keller com.... no maybe the single pages..... I dunno hun. it's all a confusing morass to me!

But anyway.... I really hated the way this badly written and terribly acted ship dominated the last half of the final season! it was the FINAL season and they knew it, you would thing tptw would have had a little pride in their work! no such thing as a good work ethic anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                uh no it is the mckay -sometimes the ... no the keller com.... no maybe the single pages..... I dunno hun. it's all a confusing morass to me!

But anyway.... I really hated the way this badly written and terribly acted ship dominated the last half of the final season! it was the FINAL season and they knew it, you would thing tptw would have had a little pride in their work! no such thing as a good work ethic anymore!
                                Now I dislike McKeller too but I don't think they knew it was going to be their last season. If TPTB knew it was their last season don't you think their would have been more buildup to EATG and less of McKeller.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X