This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plot hole

I was watching intruder S02E01 on Sky. During the episode and one of the many flashbacks Carson is choosing his new team of Dr's to go to atlantis. Dr Weir asks about her boy friend and if he is on the list.
    Carson shakes his head say he is more qualified than me but no he hasn't signed the waver for security clearance.

Thats funny because he got security clearnce in rising as Dr Weir sent him a video and its all about the stargate and pegasus.

is it just me looking to far into the episodes ?????
    Darth Bigron

Good point - I had wondered what would have happened if Simon had accepted the appointment. Its weird though as you said cos in The Rising, Elizabeth leaves a message for Simon telling him where she has gone, yet in this episode she's persuading him to come with her.

Confused.. YES!

Comment

I thought Simon never came because you refused to sign off on the blind commitment ( I think it was just for one year), and then Elizabeth said something like he already has clearance he knows what this is about and then carson says maybe thats the problem.

I may be wrong, thats just how I remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
        I thought Simon never came because you refused to sign off on the blind commitment ( I think it was just for one year), and then Elizabeth said something like he already has clearance he knows what this is about and then carson says maybe thats the problem.

I may be wrong, thats just how I remember it.
        that's what happened! (taken from gateworld transcript)

BECKETT: All the candidates were required to sign off on a blind commitment to a one-year term.

WEIR: Doctor Wallace has been given security clearance. He knows what this is all about.

BECKETT: Maybe that's the problem.

WEIR: What do you mean?

BECKETT: He hasn't signed.

edit: interesting fact, beckett is the first person to say 'maybe' in this episode and it happened in this scene!

Comment

One thing i hated about Simon was the fact that he was recycled from SG-1, he was Narim in that. Things like this drasticly removed the 'realism' of the show.
          Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

I know it! Especially the commander of the Tria in Season 3. I was like, "THATS LINEA!!! HOW'D SHE BECOME AN ANCIENT???" I guess shows like these need to re-use actors because of budget constraints.

Comment

Actually its more of the limits of Canada's acting pool
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
                One thing i hated about Simon was the fact that he was recycled from SG-1, he was Narim in that. Things like this drasticly removed the 'realism' of the show.
                Like flying cities and other galaxies full of humans....

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Actually its more of the limits of Canada's acting pool

No, it's not. We have many actors who have never appeared in Star Gate or Atlantis. Canada has a huge pool of actors. Many are also located in Toronto which is another large film city. Jelgate, if you are Canadian, you deserve a wet wedgie in a Winnipeg winter for that one. No Tim Horton's donuts for you.
                  Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 25 January 2009, 07:38 PM.
                  Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

No, it's not. We have many actors who have never appeared in Star Gate or Atlantis. Canada has a huge pool of actors. Many are also located in Toronto which is another large film city. Jelgate, if you are Canadian, you deserve a wet wedgie in a Winnipeg winter for that one. No Tim Horton's donuts for you.
                    Us canadians have many fine actors. I for one was oping Paul Gross would get the lead role as Everett Young in Universe.
                    "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Working...
                    X