This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero point module (Series end spoilers)

I would like to know why after 5 seasons they never discovered where the ZPM's were made. I am sure there had to be a little room in Atlantis or some world where they made them. Shouldn't that info have been in the city's computer?

Okay, so what do you use for dramatic effect after they discover the ZPM factory?

You had the Star Trek: Voyager feel (before Voyager made regular contact with the Federation) of being stranded with no way of getting personnel or supplies and having to trade with unfamiliar races to get the basics, but the Daedalus and Apollo both with Asgard intergalactic hyperdrives and the McKay-Carter Gate Bridge ruined that.

You had big and powerful Wraith, but they don't seem so big and powerful anymore (save for the series finale).

You had a nuke-capable volatile Genii, now gone.

So the only real problem left for the lone city of Atlantis (IMO), the lack of ZPMs, would be completely ruined if they discovered the ZPM factory. Not only could Atlantis survive practically indefinitely off of 3 ZPMs (save for heavy firefights and other massive power-draining events), they could use others for their X-304s (F-304s?) and (series finale spoiler in spoiler tags)...

Spoiler:
    ...if they can get the Ancient outpost to operate without the chair [maybe via Atlantis' chair device, now that it's on Earth?], a ZPM could power it indefinitely, leaving Earth as protected as it could probably ever get, drone supply notwithstanding.

What I wanted to know about was the drone manufacturing facility. Naquadah generators powerful enough to power the chair would be just as hard to come by as ZPMs (unless they've gotten more efficient in 4 years), so you'd still have a power availability problem (both on Atlantis and at the Ancient outpost). And all the Puddle Jumpers could use them. So why not make weapons, not fancy vacuum batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by Major-HOp View Post
      I would like to know why after 5 seasons they never discovered where the ZPM's were made. I am sure there had to be a little room in Atlantis or some world where they made them. Shouldn't that info have been in the city's computer?

It's quite possible the Ancients buried the information on ZPM's deep in the archives. That way if the Wraith ever got their hands on any portion of the database, they would have a hard time finding any information on the ZPM's.
      sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Didnt they bring a naqudah generator powerfull enough to power the chair in 1st episode of season 2?

Originally posted by JacksonClone View Post
        Okay, so what do you use for dramatic effect after they discover the ZPM factory?

You had the Star Trek: Voyager feel (before Voyager made regular contact with the Federation) of being stranded with no way of getting personnel or supplies and having to trade with unfamiliar races to get the basics, but the Daedalus and Apollo both with Asgard intergalactic hyperdrives and the McKay-Carter Gate Bridge ruined that.

You had big and powerful Wraith, but they don't seem so big and powerful anymore (save for the series finale).

You had a nuke-capable volatile Genii, now gone.

So the only real problem left for the lone city of Atlantis (IMO), the lack of ZPMs, would be completely ruined if they discovered the ZPM factory. Not only could Atlantis survive practically indefinitely off of 3 ZPMs (save for heavy firefights and other massive power-draining events), they could use others for their X-304s (F-304s?) and (series finale spoiler in spoiler tags)...

Spoiler:
        ...if they can get the Ancient outpost to operate without the chair [maybe via Atlantis' chair device, now that it's on Earth?], a ZPM could power it indefinitely, leaving Earth as protected as it could probably ever get, drone supply notwithstanding.

What I wanted to know about was the drone manufacturing facility. Naquadah generators powerful enough to power the chair would be just as hard to come by as ZPMs (unless they've gotten more efficient in 4 years), so you'd still have a power availability problem (both on Atlantis and at the Ancient outpost). And all the Puddle Jumpers could use them. So why not make weapons, not fancy vacuum batteries?
        67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

the ancients did have references to the Zpm in there deata base but aas u know the deatabase in huge i mean it would take many years to descipher all of it and than the lab might be hidden just like jonas lab was

ATLANTIS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by JAFFACREE563 View Post
            the ancients did have references to the Zpm in there deata base but aas u know the deatabase in huge i mean it would take many years to descipher all of it and than the lab might be hidden just like jonas lab was
            You're right, but they information that McKay came across was never really groundbreaking as it relates to the ZPM's. Let's not forget that the main purpose of the Atlantis expedition was to gather intel and technology that could help protect Earth. So most of the teams research would have been on weapons, ships, ZPM's, etc. and they never came up with anything about the origin of the ZPM's or Drones. I would have loved to seen them find out where they came from or how they were made, but then not be able to duplicate the process. (an all powerful Atlantis with multiple ZPM's and nearly unlimited drones would dominate just about everything.)
            sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Okay.

A very weak ZPM at the start of the series.

I hate to admit it, but I can't remember where the second one came from (the one SG1 unearthed in Egypt?), but I know it died sending the alternate Rodney back home.

They stole another (WHY didn't they take two?) from the Replicators the day they lost Elizabeth.

Ummm...

What happened to that one? I've recorded them all, but have watched very little of season four and five. I did spoil myself by watching the finale, but it's left me wondering...

In the series finale, where's the ZPM they stole from the Replicators? Did they still have it? Is that why they only took two from Todd? Because they already had a third?

I don't mind being filled in on this. It's just one plot point and I'll still watch all the eppies as time passes. I'd just like to know now. DID they still have the Replicator ZPM? (So now do they still have three? Until the SGC gets their greedy little hands on them, that is? )

Comment

Yes the ZPM from Lifeline was still in use at EATG. As for why we didn't go for another ZPM, stealing one ZPM from the Asurans was hard enough
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Also you have left out that the city had already once become fully powered during the 5 seasons it was when the ancients returned to the city and the replicators got there and the ancients thought that the replicators couldn't harm them well the city had 3 ZPMs after they took the city back. After this it was mentioned that 2 were sent back to earth one to power the odysee and the other to power 2 way travel between galaxies.

Spoiler:
                    What i'd like to know is how could a hive with 1 ZPM go up against atlantis with 3 ZPMs only for atlantis to loose the battle. Well it would have if John hadn't detonated the nuke inside.

ZPMs have gone from being small power sources to huge power sources and then back to something in between.

Think about it first ZPM used dialing atlantis the first time Completely Used
                    Atlantis can dial earth hundreds of times on one ZPM now earth has a ZPM it could also dial atlantis but more than once.
                    Spoiler:
                    and then atlantis nearly gets wiped out when it had 3 ZPMs

It's not likely that earth will steal the other ZPMs because they will want atlantis to be able to do stuff. Anyway were would the other ZPM's go

Comment

It's possible any Ancient factory/laboratory was destroyed by the Wraith. The Ancients may have made a big last stand against the Wraith on the planet it was based and the Wraith may have just bombarded the surface not knowing what was down there.

Comment

Hit "Search", search for "ZPMs", chose "In title only". Bask in the glory of elevating oneself from annoying repetition.
                        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

One of the ZPM's that was left after the replicator occupation didn't go back to earth for 2 way gating between galaxies, it went to the earth chair to power that. Besides they had the gate bridge for 2 way travel.
                          And we don't know how much power the first ZPM the SGC obtained had, it obviously had to power the shield for Taonas (not sure how its spelt) for however long it took for the lava to cool to form the dome, and for whatever else before that, as well as the defence of earth against Anubis.
                          Spoiler:
                          AS for EATG, Atlantis's hyperdrive is most likely not too power efficient, as well as taking off, keeping the shield online, powering the chair, life support for an entire city, inertial dampers, and the Wormhole drive which Zelinka said would use alot of power, they may not have had too much to spare. Another thing is that Beckett fired the drones one at a time, rather than a Stream of them like we have seen before when O'neill used the chair and in Vegas in one of the flashbacks so it took longer to damage it.
                          Last edited by Death Wing22; 14 January 2009, 04:48 AM. Reason: Not too good on my grammar lol

Comment

Yeah but i doubt they would want to use all of Atlantis's DRONES.
                            Even if they had loads in Antarctica.
                            sigpic
                            i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Answers View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              What i'd like to know is how could a hive with 1 ZPM go up against atlantis with 3 ZPMs only for atlantis to loose the battle. Well it would have if John hadn't detonated the nuke inside.
                              I think the
                              Spoiler:
                              deus ex machina wormhole drive
                              drained a massive amount of power from the ZPMs.
                              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Working...
                              X