Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    well i do believe it is possible and achievable....just very expensive
    Oh sorry, yes I do believe it's possible to buld a 1/1 scale replica of Atlantis. We have the technology. I just don't believe anybody would fund it. Sorry if I came across too negatively. I think it would be seriously cool, but of no real world use. Basically, there'd be better ways to spend money to acheive the same end results.

I'd love to be proven wrong tho!
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

If you going after investors then you will build it where they want it. Astralia is probably just about the worst place you could choose.

I do not know the only guys crazy enough to fund it would be Arabs golf states such as Dubai, they like building big islands their, of cause they will want it of their shores for showing of to the world purposes.

Through I doubt even they could afford the half trillion plus dollars it probably take to build it.

Now powering the thing is the next big problem given that you will need maximum space I suggest you build near land so you could build a bridge to bring in supplies and have all the main utilities coming from the main land. Allowing maxim space for departments and office space and shop floor space. This also means you will not have to include a private air field on atlantis it self. But I am pretty certain these billionaires if their any left that have not yet committed suicide will want to show of their luxury yachts.

Then the next big hurdle is figuring out how good the show design will be at surviving earthquakes and storms. This is the biggest hurdle, as you have restrictive the engineers to the show model if it does not hold up well, their not a lot in the design they could change to make it better.

But has you said you can contribute the 9 figure sum to the project these initial efforts and designs problems can be solely funded by you, it probably only 25 to 30 million or so to get most of the major design elements and testing done before then you can approach investors and well that should be just like pocket change for you.
      Last edited by knowles2; 07 January 2009, 05:00 AM.

Comment

going back to my theories about this on the other thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=62118&page=2

what does everyone think about the ballast tanks idea? I know there are some details that need looking into such as restoring the Air:City balance ratio in order to make it float again but im sure we could work them out.

also if one of the Aeronautical engineering firms were to invest in the city, we could commision them to create a modified version of the V22 Osprey or a more luxurious version of the F35 or something with its kind of engine then we could minimized the need to build big landing pads as we could fly them in from the mainland and if we built landing pads similer to the ones on Atlantis then they could have a pressured landing pad underneath it that could be used if the city went underwater and we wanted to protect the aircraft.

finally went the city was completed and if it was in international water then we could ask the UN if they wanted to move the UN council from New York to Atlantis where they could be afforded better protection and luxury as they would be nearly inaccessable, particulary if we had the security features that escyos described.

I know some of the ideas need a little work but im sure we could work something out.

come on people! we can do this!

lol

Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
          ... we could commision them to create a modified version of the V22 Osprey or a more luxurious version of the F35 ... they could have a pressured landing pad underneath it that could be used if the city went underwater and we wanted to protect the aircraft. ... we could ask the UN if they wanted to move the UN council from New York to Atlantis
          F35 luxury passenger jets? Apart from seeing a man eat his own head, I have seen everything! Pressurised landing pads... cool, although weather warnings or whatnot would give 'em chance to take off. Flying at well over mach 1.5, they'd return super-quick.

As for the UN idea... bless you

Comment

Heres my gate room drawings.....i made them out of cardboad so they can fit over one another to show how they connect.

I recomment zooming right out in the internet browser window as the images are kind of big
            First is the gate room level
            Spoiler:

Then the control room level, not too sure about the briefing room size, it does seem a little big
            Spoiler:

here they are over the top of each other
            Spoiler:

and one with the north side stairwell on it, ive only seen into this room once or twice but there are definitely stairs that connect to the stairwell, i speculated on the shape based on phter designs i had seen
            Spoiler:

i am going to try to get the shape of the jumper bay, the newest one that is and get that drawn up today to fit over the other designs.

Also thinking about making a little model of these three levels out of cardboard etc, just to see hwo they fit together, a Loooooooong video of an atlantis set tour would help
            Last edited by escyos; 07 January 2009, 06:24 PM. Reason: recommendation for viewing imbedded images

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              Heres my gate room drawings.....i made them out of cardboad so they can fit over one another to show how they connect.

I recomment zooming right out in the internet browser window as the images are kind of big.

Also thinking about making a little model of these three levels out of cardboard etc, just to see hwo they fit together, a Loooooooong video of an atlantis set tour would help

lol
              awsome drawings keep em up

As for the UN idea... bless you
              for what? I was just think that then it would be in a truly international setting and it would gives good press coverage!

Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

heres the gateroom level..as much as is known

Comment

hehe
                  i want to see what happens on this one xD

Comment

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...nuclear_weapon

This Atlantis-clone could be the perfect base!

Comment

revamped the site, still just the main page but will expand soon.

http://atlantis-project.webs.com/

Comment

Building the dry dock needed would require 100s of billions. I'm not sure something like Atlantis could be built unless society has gotten past money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                          Oh sorry, yes I do believe it's possible to buld a 1/1 scale replica of Atlantis. We have the technology. I just don't believe anybody would fund it. Sorry if I came across too negatively. I think it would be seriously cool, but of no real world use. Basically, there'd be better ways to spend money to acheive the same end results.

I'd love to be proven wrong tho!
                          We don't have the technology or materials. Unless anti gravity and structural integrity fields were used the ship would break under it's own weight. If you float it and a big wave hits, those piers are either going under water or breaking off. Without the piers it would be easy to build.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                            How about changing the location to near UAE? Make it a theme hotel. Power could be arranged atleast partially by windpower, solar panels and waves. also, will it be standing on bottom like oil rig, or will it be just anchored to bottom? and now that I think of it, electricity and water could be solved with hydrogen cells..
                            As large as it is there could be gas turbine powerplants on the city itself or it could be tethered to nukes on the shore. That city is going to need several 1000MWe powerplants.

Comment

Working...
                            X