Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skimpy Outfits - Did Stargate Atlantis Ever Use Them?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Funny, then why aren't we seeing the men of Atlantis wearing skimpy outfits, like, say, tight tanktops and shorts, for training?
    In terms of showing skin i think you will find that Sheppard, Ronon and McKay have all shown more skin that Teyla has.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
      In terms of showing skin i think you will find that Sheppard, Ronon and McKay have all shown more skin that Teyla has.
      I agree heck we've had shep go shirtless a couple of times.
      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

In the name of equality, I demand a topless Teyla scene!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
          I agree heck we've had shep go shirtless a couple of times.
          Aswell as Ronon, McKay and even Zelenka. That is all the main male cast members.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          It wouldnt bother me one bit but for some reason some people get offended by breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Though Ronon tends to go sleeveless anyway, to appeal to the ladies.
            But he does not go shirtless or with shorts, or a low V-cut or a top that shows off his abs. He just shows off his arms. Wow, skimpy.

Outfits can be sexy without being skimpy.

Because it fit the situations. Their clothes were ripped whatever. And it's not like it happens often. Teyla has skimpy outfits that do not even fit the context time and again. If Teyla showed some skin because it was relevant to the situation, then it would not be a problem, unless it happened again and again and situations were created just for showing off her body, of course.

The men om Atlantis lose their shirts very infrequently. Teyla wears low cuts, low cleavage tops and random skimpy outfits out of place all the time.

Please defend Teyla's skirt-thingie and top while sparring. No sane person would wear something like that for combat or even combat training.

Comment

Because it fit the situations. Their clothes were ripped whatever. And it's not like it happens often. Teyla has skimpy outfits that do not even fit the context time and again. If Teyla showed some skin because it was relevant to the situation, then it would not be a problem, unless it happened again and again and situations were created just for showing off her body, of course.

So if Teyla ended up in a similar situation to Zelenka in "Tao of Rodney" would you be ok with Teyla doing a topless scene?
              Last edited by ykickamoocow; 17 December 2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

The men om Atlantis lose their shirts very infrequently. Teyla wears low cuts, low cleavage tops and random skimpy outfits out of place all the time.

Please defend Teyla's skirt-thingie and top while sparring. No sane person would wear something like that for combat or even combat training.
                Take a look at what she noramlly wears. She the tank top is tight but there is little to know cleavage showing. People act that Teyla shows cleavage all the time but i can only recall a handful of occasions when she has shown any cleavage worth mentioning.

As for her training clothing there is nothing wrong with it because the dress is sufficiently high to avoid tripping over it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  But she doesn't wear them to a lot of places either. She only wears them during training.

Again, unless you count the cleavage. In that case we'll have to agree to disagree on what's "skimpy".

I guess we would agree to agree on the fact her clothes often are not skimpy per se, but do serve the same reason as the skimpy ones?
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post

Aswell as Ronon, McKay and even Zelenka. That is all the main male cast members.

It wouldnt bother me one bit but for some reason some people get offended by breasts.
                    Very true

But he does not go shirtless or with shorts, or a low V-cut or a top that shows off his abs. He just shows off his arms. Wow, skimpy.

Outfits can be sexy without being skimpy.

Shes comfortable with her body,so let he show sum skin if she wants too. Shes not bound by nay rules to just wear bdu's so she can wear whatever she wants and personally i feel that her clothing is not skimpy just form fitting.
                    sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Shes comfortable with her body,so let he show sum skin if she wants too. Shes not bound by nay rules to just wear bdu's so she can wear whatever she wants and personally i feel that her clothing is not skimpy just form fitting.
                      Exactly. There is no evidence what so ever that Teyla is shy about her body. That has been apart of her character from the very first episode.

Comment

I think it's better to ask about the ridiculousness of outfits, rather than the relative skimpiness of them. In general, I think SGA did a fairly good costuming job. I can't think of any specific outfit from SGA that leaps to mind that screams "I was only put in this to entertain the menfolk out there because this outfit is completely inconsistent with my species." I can't say that about SG1 courtesy of Anise/Freya, especially the one from Divide and Conquer.
                        sigpic

Comment

As for her training clothing there is nothing wrong with it because the dress is sufficiently high to avoid tripping over it.
                          She's wearing a tight tanktop, which doesn't really allow for much upper-body movement. The skirt should not be there, period. It can get stuck on things, her opponent can use it against her (pulling on it, etc.) and she can
                          trip on it or at least it can hinder her movement if she goes for a low sweep.

That's not the point. Her skirt is impractical. It makes no sense.

Comment

Yes and i suppose everything you do and wear is practical.

Comment

*coming in to add her 2 cents*

I'm going to say that the only problem that I really have is Teylas shirts. Don't get me wrong, I love Teyla, but her shirts on the other hand....well, where are some saftey pins!?!?!? Besides that, no real problems. The "skimpyness" of Stargate is very minimal compared with the female characters on a kids show that is aimed at the 6-10 year old age range.

So that's my 2 cents.
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

She's wearing a tight tanktop, which doesn't really allow for much upper-body movement. The skirt should not be there, period. It can get stuck on things, her opponent can use it against her (pulling on it, etc.) and she can
                                trip on it or at least it can hinder her movement if she goes for a low sweep.

Not practical for you but you cant speak for her culture or for her for that matter now can you. Some people do things wearing the craziest of outfits and they feel just fine doing so.
                                sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Working...
                                X