This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you have done the backstory

Okay i know hind sight is 20/20 and we all love atlantis, but lets face it they have made some realy outrageous claims in there backstory and some of the science behind the problems (wraith feeding for one)

so how would YOU have the backstory to make the basic history of the show work which being the ancients abandoned pegasus cause they got beat by the wraith.

here is my idea
    first, wraith evolved and were actualy allowed to because the ancients felt they had a right to exist as any other species so it was a moral decision that they didnt have the right to cause the extinction of an entire species (but they failed to realize how fast they wraith would expand)

The replicators actualy turned on the ancients reason being same as why they killed human to remove a wraith food source(they hadnt thought to include a you will not hurt ancients line to programing), so ancients in middle of fighting wraith have to deal with what they thought would be there ultimate weapon and rush to add the line of programming to stop them from attacking them, the wraith tweak this to also make them stop attacking wraith, ancients for once decided they needed to clean up there mess to prevent them from going out of control and destroyed them (or so they thought)

but they had wasted too many resources in doing so had allowed the wraith to expand too far and it wouldn't be possible to ever stop them without making them extinct but the humans in the galaxy WOULD survive as a food source true but they would still exist by the laws of nature.

and the lost tribe asgards (which as glad as i am that the asgards are back and wondering why they didnt just back up there entire civilization until the day humans solved there problem for them) used the fighting and such to do there experiments that they knew the ancients would oppose if they found out.

so basicly the majority of the ancients loses were caused by the asurans intead of the wraith, but in focusing on stoping the asurans they allowed the wraith to spread to the point where they couldnt be stoped without total extinction of them as a species which the ancients couldnt moraly justify (cause as wrong as it seems to the wraith were no differnt then a cow does that mean if there is a sentient race of cows out there they have the right to exterminate humans? vegans hush)

oh and lastly i wont go into specifics but with wraith feeding they can feed on animals its just they dont because there instinctual prey is humans so its more of a psychological/instict thing behind why they dont feed on animals

oh and i would have explained by now how ZPM's are made but in a way that the expedition couldnt make one at the time but could possibly in the future.

probably best way is to say that the planet with the resources to make them (whatever crystals its made from) are too heavly over run with the wraith to get to it another reason the ancients ditched without ZPM's fighting wouldnt be worth the risk

lol it would be realy funny if in one of the last episodes mckay finds instructions on how to make them and they can easily be made on the planet that he destroyed. or even orignal atlantea but they couldnt get to the crystals themselves cause the wraith would bombard any energy signatures coming outta the ocean

Comment

one thing, it says so in "The Return, Part 1" that the ancients included a Non-Hostility subroutine in the asuran base code which prevents them from attacking the ancients and so it makes sense that the subroutine would have been active when the replicators were created. My theory is that after the asurans became sentiant and did not wish to fight the wraith but were forced to because of their programming, the ancients feared that they would one day overcome both the programming to attack the wraith and the subroutine that prevented them from attacking the ancients, so they attempted to destroy them, which as we know did not work as planned. Then after the ancients returned to Earth at the end of the war, the asuran rebuilt themselves and started attacking the wraith again as they no longer had any need to try and deactivate the subroutine that prevented them from attacking the ancients, as they were no longer in the galaxy. But as it is said in whichever episode, the wraith created a virus which deactivated the asurans programming to attack the wraith and then all they did was sit on their planet for the next 10,000 years till the atlantis expedition turned up. and the rest as they say is history....
      Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
        one thing, it says so in "The Return, Part 1" that the ancients included a Non-Hostility subroutine in the asuran base code which prevents them from attacking the ancients and so it makes sense that the subroutine would have been active when the replicators were created. My theory is that after the asurans became sentiant and did not wish to fight the wraith but were forced to because of their programming, the ancients feared that they would one day overcome both the programming to attack the wraith and the subroutine that prevented them from attacking the ancients, so they attempted to destroy them, which as we know did not work as planned. Then after the ancients returned to Earth at the end of the war, the asuran rebuilt themselves and started attacking the wraith again as they no longer had any need to try and deactivate the subroutine that prevented them from attacking the ancients, as they were no longer in the galaxy. But as it is said in whichever episode, the wraith created a virus which deactivated the asurans programming to attack the wraith and then all they did was sit on their planet for the next 10,000 years till the atlantis expedition turned up. and the rest as they say is history....
        well thats why i threw in there that the ancients forgot to put it in there
        it makes more sense to them have been beaten by the wraith if they had just spent alot of time and resources fighting the asurans, and leave it assumed that the asurans were limited by other coding from the ancients (since the ancients didnt belive in making the wraith extinct they programed the asurans to just keep there numbers low, which would also make them kill humans because less food means less wraith able to survive and it would cause wraith infighting as well so double bonus to the asurans. basicly it was a lopsided 3 way fight, with the asurans passivly keeping the wraith in check (killing humans killing hives they ran into but not activly hunting them on any large scale) the ancients busy trying to stop the asurans from killing human worlds while also holding back the wraith as well (which havnt been badly effected by the asurans plan hasnt realy hurt them yet) and would alos lead to more reckless moves by ancient leaders such as a big offensive deep into wraith territory.

Comment

i would have to agree.jsut explain the zpms more and also i didnt like the replicator arc but they shouldnt have started and finished it so quick
          sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney dex View Post
            i would have to agree.jsut explain the zpms more and also i didnt like the replicator arc but they shouldnt have started and finished it so quick
            ehhh honestly it made sense from ancient viewpoint, everything they created was as autonomus as possible (spelling FTL) its only natural one of them would be like "why the F should we be fighting them ourselves?"

but how did they make the jump from that idea all the way to human form replicators?

wheres the prototypes? wheres the earlier ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
              Okay i know hind sight is 20/20 and we all love atlantis, but lets face it they have made some realy outrageous claims in there backstory and some of the science behind the problems (wraith feeding for one)

so how would YOU have the backstory to make the basic history of the show work which being the ancients abandoned pegasus cause they got beat by the wraith.

here is my idea
              first, wraith evolved and were actualy allowed to because the ancients felt they had a right to exist as any other species so it was a moral decision that they didnt have the right to cause the extinction of an entire species (but they failed to realize how fast they wraith would expand)

The replicators actualy turned on the ancients reason being same as why they killed human to remove a wraith food source(they hadnt thought to include a you will not hurt ancients line to programing), so ancients in middle of fighting wraith have to deal with what they thought would be there ultimate weapon and rush to add the line of programming to stop them from attacking them, the wraith tweak this to also make them stop attacking wraith, ancients for once decided they needed to clean up there mess to prevent them from going out of control and destroyed them (or so they thought)

but they had wasted too many resources in doing so had allowed the wraith to expand too far and it wouldn't be possible to ever stop them without making them extinct but the humans in the galaxy WOULD survive as a food source true but they would still exist by the laws of nature.

and the lost tribe asgards (which as glad as i am that the asgards are back and wondering why they didnt just back up there entire civilization until the day humans solved there problem for them) used the fighting and such to do there experiments that they knew the ancients would oppose if they found out.

so basicly the majority of the ancients loses were caused by the asurans intead of the wraith, but in focusing on stoping the asurans they allowed the wraith to spread to the point where they couldnt be stoped without total extinction of them as a species which the ancients couldnt moraly justify (cause as wrong as it seems to the wraith were no differnt then a cow does that mean if there is a sentient race of cows out there they have the right to exterminate humans? vegans hush)

oh and lastly i wont go into specifics but with wraith feeding they can feed on animals its just they dont because there instinctual prey is humans so its more of a psychological/instict thing behind why they dont feed on animals
              Eliminate the Wraith feeding process. The Wraith could never have a dominant empire if every civilization started on one home world before learning faster than light technology. Their home world population could never match the populations of other civilizations in the galaxy, so they would have a diminished research capacity. The human empires within the Pegasus galaxy would have a technology advantage and be able to blow the Wraith out of the sky once the Wraith start to expand and feed and enslave other human civilizations.

Comment

It never actually made much sense to me about how the wraith managed to evolve to the point and to the numbers where they were able to challenge the Ancients. It didn't seem to make much sense, one day they were bugs the next they were life sucking space vampires.....so I (and am in no way claiming this as scientific) would have made the Wraith actually be Ancients. Say a group of Ancients didn't fancy Ascension much and noticed the, life enhancing, qualities of the Iratus, decided to play a little wacky science with their own and iratus DNA and had a nasty little accident and things got out of control and they evolved into the Wraith. It would have given the Wraith a nice twist, given how much they seem to hate both humans and Ancients, because they remind themselves of what they once were?

Something that would have made the wraith actually be villains, the big flaw of the Wraith has always been that they are carnivores who like their dinner a little too much, scary, but not actually villanous.

Comment

That would have been cool. But, I worry that could be a little too much like the Replicator story line. The Ancients created them as well but only when they were fighting the Wraith. When we first see the Ancients in the MW they are very advanced and beyond anything any other race has created even millions of years later. But in the PG Galaxy they seem to screw up a lot.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I mighta had a pissed off ancient scientist create the wraith after his kid died or something. Malevolent > accidental imho

I really liked the replicator war too, i mighta dragged it out alot longer. Shown some foot war or wraith/asuran combat

Definately introduced Todd earlier >.>

Comment

Working...
                    X