This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustration!! WHY??

hey well i know its only 3 eps left till the end. But this is getting harder and harder every week to watch. I love Atlantis and the thought of not being able to watch it ever week is killing me!!

I really dont see why they cant give us one more season or 2. It would make fans alot happier to know that it did indeed end on a high!!!

i just dont get yoy mgm and sci fi.. you have hurt alot of people!!

peace all!
    BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Originally posted by Stargate_atlantis- View Post
    hey well i know its only 3 eps left till the end. But this is getting harder and harder every week to watch. I love Atlantis and the thought of not being able to watch it ever week is killing me!! I really dont see why they cant give us one more season or 2. It would make fans alot happier to know that it did indeed end on a high!!! i just dont get yoy mgm and sci fi.. you have hurt alot of people!!peace all!
    Because we are the minority. And they only speak in numbers. The see more casual viewers for SGU which means more profit.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

i really dont think sgu will be good at all. seriously one more season would be great to wrap it all up. i can see if sgu is a flop the will keep it going!! i just hate the fact that this shiiiiiiiiity new show can take over SGA. Not happening for me!! as my sig states never watching Sci Fi or SGU ever
      BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

i really dont think sgu will be good at all. seriously one more season would be great to wrap it all up. i can see if sgu is a flop the will keep it going!! i just hate the fact that this shiiiiiiiiity new show can take over SGA. Not happening for me!! as my sig states never watching Sci Fi or SGU ever
        Before I get started I have to say that you are entitled to make the decision not to give Universe a go.

Now it has to be said that there have been so many new threads created in the months since the news of Atlantis's cancellation and the green light being shone on Universe being made, but did we really need another one?

Too date the powers that be have turned out two very good quality shows and 2 movies so why should a new show be bad?
        Just because some or the majority of the cast may be a bit on the younger side (early to mid twenties which if I recall correctly at least Sam Carter wasn't that much older than in SG1's pilot Children Of The Gods) and the ship based antics will focus more on character dynamics doesn't mean it's going to be a bad show.

Boycotting Universe (which from what I here on this forum at least has more people willing to give it a try than not) is not gonna bring back Atlantis.
        After many trying to create surveys and writing to MGM and Sci-Fi the news hasn't changed, we will be getting movies and no more seasons.
        I agree I would have loved to see at least one more series just to tie up all the loose story threads, but how often does that actually happen?

I will be giving Universe a try and if it's not any good of course I won't watch it.

I must also remind you that the creation of Universe was not the sole reason for TPTB canceling it(I realise you haven't said that in case you think I'm saying you did), the movies apparently played a big part along with Stargate Worlds and Universe (which people will see if they read or listen to Brad Wrights interview with Gateworld).

Like you I will miss seeing each new series of Atlantis, but there will still be movies (as long as people buy them as they have done with Continuum and Ark of Truth) and if you don't give Universe at least a try you'll never know whether you'll like it or not.
        If I had never given SG1 a try (coz I thought there was no way it could possibly be even half as good as the 1994 movie, I now think Stargate has become so much better than that) I would have missed one, if not the greatest science fiction television programs ever made, so I am extremely glad that I decided to give it a go.
        From what I've heard universe sounds like it will be following in the same vein as the Stargate we all know and love, just with a slightly different take on that theme.

Hallowed is the Stargate and may she live forever.

Comment

Ah, yes, it ended too soon. Another season would have been great, but at this point I think the decision is just about made. I will watch SGU, because I want to give it a chance, and like was said earlier, boycotting SGU will not bring back Atlantis.

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
          Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
          Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

hey well i know its only 3 eps left till the end. But this is getting harder and harder every week to watch. I love Atlantis and the thought of not being able to watch it ever week is killing me!!

I really dont see why they cant give us one more season or 2. It would make fans alot happier to know that it did indeed end on a high!!!

peace all!
            MGM, not SCI FI basically Atlantis was offed to make way for SGU
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

boycotting SGU is for the fans to show the Franchise that what they did was wrong. They disrespected the fans and those that love Atlantis as I do will remember that tptb did away with atlantis for the mere purpose that they wanted a new show and be able to put a lot of money into it instead of sharing with Atlantis.

My hope is SGU goes down quick, that would be a powerful message to the Franchise that the Fans can not be spoon fed a show just cause it is Stargate. That said, there are a lot out there that listend to some of tptb who say watch it will be good, forgetting that Atlantis was the sacrafice for it.

I won't forget and will hold true to SGA since I don't care about the Franchise per say. I also have a feeling that they are lying about the SGA movies. They have one slotted with a possible 2nd, but I never got the feeling Brad w. and Rob c. gave SGA a lot of attention.

It's about money and they want their cake and eat it too and some will give it to them, I won't as well as a good number of others. Time will tell. Remember, if the fans, who actually watch the show and make them their money, stay together and strong one final message can be sent, WE DO MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                MGM, not SCI FI basically Atlantis was offed to make way for SGU
                According to the interview with Brad Wright at the link below, it was a mutual decision.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ings_....shtml
                My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Because we are the minority. And they only speak in numbers. The see more casual viewers for SGU which means more profit.
                  SGU is not guranteed to have more viewers, but because it's cheaper than SGA it can take the risk........which is a big risk, imo.

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                  According to the interview with Brad Wright at the link below, it was a mutual decision.

Not to argue but a mutual decision means that MGM pitched SGU to replace SGA, and SCI FI agreed. It was not like SCI FI came to them and said we are cancelling SGA. If SGU was not in the picture SGA would of been renewed. Notice no one mentioned low ratings or performance.

SCI FI wanted a Stargate to run. If it was SGA or SGU. Seeing how the numbers are doing better for Atlantis the past two seasons, it would be a no brainer.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    SGU is not guranteed to have more viewers, but because it's cheaper than SGA it can take the risk........which is a big risk, imo.
                    I never it said it was but thats what MGM is beting on. Will it be successful??* Only time will tell. I don't see it as a huge risk. You see it all the time in other franchises
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I never it said it was but thats what MGM is beting on. Will it be successful??* Only time will tell. I don't see it as a huge risk. You see it all the time in other franchises
                      You are correct, Santuary is not exactly ripping up the ratings top 10 but it got renewed, why? Because it is cheaper to produce.
                      sigpic

Comment

peace all!
                        Are you still watching Atlantis now? If so, your signature is wrong since it says you're never watching SciFi again!

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post

LOL come on, do you really believe that? Atlantis was cancelled and less than 24 hours later they anncounced SGU...

Not to argue but a mutual decision means that MGM pitched SGU to replace SGA, and SCI FI agreed. It was not like SCI FI came to them and said we are cancelling SGA. If SGU was not in the picture SGA would of been renewed. Notice no one mentioned low ratings or performance.

SCI FI wanted a Stargate to run. If it was SGA or SGU. Seeing how the numbers are doing better for Atlantis the past two seasons, it would be a no brainer.
                          what he said
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

No I wasn't trying to get into an argument over it (call it friendly debate) but even after reading your reply several times it still reads like it was a mutual decision between the two. I haven't seen anywhere that the decision to cancel SGA was a unilateral one on the part of MGM.

If I remember correctly SGU was being conceived way back when SG1 was still in its tenth season. Many have cited the new series as the culprit that killed SGA. But I could speculate that the proposed movies (both SG1 and SGA) are just as much culprits. That is, if the movies hadn't been in the offing then quite possibly SGA and SGU would be airing side by side next season and there'd be no animosity toward SGU. But as I said -- speculation.
                            My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I still think they could've done two shows at once. They've done it before after all.

Sure, it would cost twice as much to make but they'd also be making twice as much, so is money really an issue here?
                              sigpic
                              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Working...
                              X