Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a sci fi guy and i was always making fun of my, sci fi nerd - older brother.
    So when i had to stay at home, because of a motorbike accident i had, he decided to "punish" me for all the things i 'd said and done to him.
    He brought home every damn sci fi movie and show he could find. And i couldn't do anything but watch them, because i couldn't move by my own.
    Blood and drool all over the place.
    I was suffering and he was having fun(with me), until he brought me Atlantis.
    I was hooked from the very first episode and i even watched SG1 because of it.Though i didn't liked it as much.
    Spoiler:
    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
    (YEAR 0 - 100)
    "O thou Sun,
    send me as far over the earth
    as is my pleasure and thine,
    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
    but never hear anything of bad ones,
    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      are you trying to say something about atlantis?
      I don't think I was. What do you think I was trying to say.

And Ikaros I did the same thing you brother did to you only it was too my sister and she was puking not bloody and drooling but it didn't work all she had to say was " I like that guys voice" meaning Christopher Judges.

She's weird though cos she thinks everyone in Stargate Atlantis is old.
      sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

Comment

I got hooked on SG1 just after season 6 had aired over here and I then started watching it from the beginning.
        I was tantalized by the idea of the lost city of the Ancients as soon as it was mentioned during SG1 so when I had the chance to buy the first DVD from season one of SGA I couldn't resist.
        I guess it just all boils down to loving the Stargate shows and now the movies, so as long as there's good Stargate episodes I'll watch them.

Comment

I was channel hopping while waiting for another programme to start and caught a glimpse of Ronon. That was enough for me. Instant addiction. I never did get to see the programme I'd originally been waiting to watch.

Comment

I was flipping through channels and I saw this intro to something that was a city rising out of water. I thought it looked cool, but I flipped right on by it to see if anything else was on. Nothing was, so I flipped back to that channel, and I found myself watching Stargate: Atlantis! Five minutes into the episode I was like "this is awsome!" and kept watching it. There was a marathon on so I just watched that. Then I went home and bought all the DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              I was channel hopping while waiting for another programme to start and caught a glimpse of Ronon. That was enough for me. Instant addiction. I never did get to see the programme I'd originally been waiting to watch.
              Hi Blen.

Long time no speak.

I was just wondering what was the program you were originally gonna watch?

"So I gather I'm the reason you love Atlantis then"

Comment

By Reiko
                Ironically fell in love with Carson (he's mine!) and wish Keller eternal damnation.

Carson is the only reason anyone needs to watch it..........also, so is the possiblity of watching the eternal damnation of Keller!!!!!

Someone need to make a "Keller" smilie!!
                A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

I think i started watching it because it was Stargate. When it was first on i didn't watch it i'd always turn it over couldn't get used to it at first i perfered SG-1. But then there where a few episodes on tv and i'd though i'd watch it,and i did and i really enjoy it. I like Atlantis more than SG-1.

Thank god i watched ,cause i would never of known who Paul was lol

SGA is awsome
                  Last edited by McgillionFan; 05 November 2008, 01:16 AM.
                  GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

I never had a choice. I'm a huge Stargate fan, have been since the original feature flick. Didn't get to see SG-1 when it first started cuz my cable provider didn't carry Showtime back then, but when it made the jump to SciFi I squeeled with fan-girl joy and dove in. And what's not to love about SGA? Good stories; cool characters; a well-crafted world that could, just-maybe, actually exist, if you squint hard and really, really wish for it; Joe Flanigan; rockin' action and special effects; Joe Flanigan; space aliens that don't look like giant walking carrots; Joe Flanigan...Uuuummmm...Did I mention Joe Flanigan?

Comment

The following is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
                      Now my father was a casual viewer of Stargate SG-1. He would watch it every night at 6 pm on SciFi. I would never really give it a chane and left the room when he was watching. A few years back I was sick with a nasty flu and was resting on a couch. Due to my lazyiness I was forced to watch SG1 and to surprise I actually liked it. Within months I had at the time seen all 8 season. At first I actually didn't know about Atlantis' existence because my dad would change channels after the new SG1 episode had aired. One weekend my parents went away and I had the house to myself. I wanted to see what was on SciFI after SG1. Let me just say Siege I was a good first episode.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I had never seen SG-1, but my friend finally lent me season 1 of SGA. I had seen brief clips on TV here and there but was never really interested. I watched season 1 in 3 days and then my friend (who at the time had seasons 1-3 because that was all that they had on DVD yet) lent me the other two seasons.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I started watch it because I love Stargate and have since about 2000 when I was ten. I don't understand how people watch Atlantis without first seeing SG-1 since it provides seven or eight years of back story. Without SG-1 Atlantis doesn't make sense. To me Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 are the same show and I love both of them almost more than any other show.

Comment

i only started watching SGA about 3 months ago
                            i hated it the first time i watched it so didn't give it a chance for along time
                            "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
                              I don't understand how people watch Atlantis without first seeing SG-1 since it provides seven or eight years of back story. Without SG-1 Atlantis doesn't make sense. To me Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 are the same show and I love both of them almost more than any other show.
                              Because some people are just not interested in SG1 or SGA.

I mean, watching a spin-off of something doesn't actually require you to have seen the mothershow. Did you see Stargate in 1994? Or any other year after that?

I didn't even know there was a film first until I was well into season 3 of SG1.

You may not understand it, but it is reality.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

once upon a time I was a fan of Stargate franchise. That's why I started to watch SGA
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X